• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Ecstasy withdrawal

i remember one time sitting in a doctor's waiting room feeling like a was freaking out on acid even though i hadn't take drugs in 4 months. i thought that i was for the funny farm.
funnily 2mg of diazepam make me fell ok again. anxiety is a powerful illness. don't underestimate it

Don't panic Warped, I imagine he did it a lot longer than 2 months to get those results.

No i only did it once actually, however it was a ridiculous amount f pure mdma and I had a strange reaction to it. Im one of the unlucky ones. So It pisses me off when people say its not possible to happen the first few times. There are stories all over the net about it happening the first couple times with high doses. Not saying its not alot better than 3.5 years ago just not back to normal.

^^^ Ok, I'm sorry to hear that, everyone is different and some people just do not react well to certain substances but you have to admit that what you experienced seems to be rare. I'm not trying to downplay it, but it's safe to say that most people after 2 months of weekly ecstasy use will be just fine. I'm only saying this so the OP doesn't spend too much time thinking about it because that just makes it worse. It's amazing how much can be caused by what's in your head.

derealisation and depersonalisation should eventually go but the trick is to stay busy on something else. It is actually a recognised phenomona there are even books on it because people get it from ssris, weed, ecstasy and many other drugs.

Interestingly people even get it from being extremely anxious so it important to distract your mind.

Heyy, im suffering form this also, i was on a mdma binge 4 1/2 weeks back, done it 5 times in 2 weeks,i have done mdma 7 times in totall mostly small doses over the last 3 or so months, but i reguete doing it big time, expecially the binge in a period of 2 weeks! but im beginning to recover, read untold amount of posts on this and they all end on the same answer- give it time, get good sleep/exercise and have a healthy lifestyle, dont let your mind get the better of you and keep away from it for a while!

i also thought i had schitzaphenia, and it was on the beginning of the 4th week witch basicly put me in a even worst state of mind for a day or so, but it is just the fact im thinking about it to much!
Deffinitly learned my lession!

Just get through it youl be fine,take every week as it comes & remember, theres people out there in a much worst state than you!

heres a link that i found very usefull expecially on the 2nd week when i felt like i was losing the plot! - http://thedea.org/hangover.html

Peaceeeeeee. %)

Last edited:
OP you knew this was going to happen all along right? I remember your username popping up in this forum here over a year ago. I figured you were new to BL when reading the first post but it seems you knew the risks before deciding to over use it.

Well either way what's done is done, you'll get better with time.

Heyy, im suffering form this also, i was on a mdma binge 4 1/2 weeks back, done it 5 times in 2 weeks,i have done mdma 7 times in totall mostly small doses over the last 3 or so months, but i reguete doing it big time, expecially the binge in a period of 2 weeks! but im beginning to recover, read untold amount of posts on this and they all end on the same answer- give it time, get good sleep/exercise and have a healthy lifestyle, dont let your mind get the better of you and keep away from it for a while!

i also thought i had schitzaphenia, and it was on the beginning of the 4th week witch basicly put me in a even worst state of mind for a day or so, but it is just the fact im thinking about it to much!
Deffinitly learned my lession!

Just get through it youl be fine,take every week as it comes & remember, theres people out there in a much worst state than you!

heres a link that i found very usefull expecially on the 2nd week when i felt like i was losing the plot! - http://thedea.org/hangover.html

Peaceeeeeee. %)
That site has a lot of outdated and plain wrong information, but still pretty cool.

I think we can all agree that this is not MDMA withdrawal, but rather negative side effects caused by lowered serotonin levels. Obviously if you took MDMA right now you wouldn't feel better until you were in withdrawal again.

yeah but the part i found to be alot of help was the 'Practical Matters' part, expecially the 2nd paragraph

I agree with you my man. Maybe not FOREVER nut you definetly need a SERIOUS break.

5HTP.

Some say its a myth and a placebo, i can tell you myself it is NOT. Take it twice daily before bedtime i guarantee you will notice its affects. Don't get down on yourself it happens, E is a beautiful thing its natural for your body and mind to want freedom and joy from it and basically a break from this over stressful world, but if its too good to be true it usually is.

You need to learn moderation and control not only for you, but for the love of the drug itself.

Good luck and may you be well again to one day enjoy all of life and its gifts!

Okay, I'll do so.
Has anyone else had any troubles with "de-realization"? Because honestly that's ALL I want gone. Before I started (ab)using ecstasy, I had depression which lead to anxiety, etc, but never "de-realization" - That is what's scaring me. It feels like I'm constantly high on weed, and I HATE it. Does anyone know how long it will take to go away?

That lasts a really long time unfortunately, it's more a matter of learning to live with it than making it go away. I know exactly what you're talking about and have it myself. It sucks at first and it's scary that sober doesn't feel the same any more, luckily you can adapt to it and lead a totally normal life and down the road the symtoms will go away when you're seratonin levels get back to normal. Ecstasy fucks with you're seratonin for a very long time, especially with irresponsible use. There's no quick fix for it but more damage can always be done, keep clear from all drugs till you're a little more stable mentally, doing e again won't make you happy it'll just make matters worse.

Also 5htp is something you need to cycle, if you're gonna take it go 30 days on 30 days off (when your bottle runs out don't buy another one for a month). If you're constantly on it basically you're brain gets used to it, so without it you feel the symptoms of lowered seratonin levels. I suggest getting on an ssri until you start feeling better about things.

Last edited:
Well, lately I've been having what I think is Ecstasy withdrawal. I HATE it. I heard from another thread of mine that the symptoms are also the symptoms of schizophrenia and that just freaked me out A LOT. But anyways here are my symptoms...

• Depression - When I (ab)used Ecstasy, I was SO happy. I always was, until I stopped for a month (it's been a month today that I haven't done it, and before I was doing Ecstasy every week for about two months, doing 5-9 pills every time). Now that it's been a month I'm realizing that I'm so depressed. I was walking home today and I was thinking of killing myself. The thought of sleeping forever seems beautiful. I was just imagining jumping off a bridge and feeling the wind and then just sleeping forever - I really want this
  • Anxiety - I'm really anxious now. I can't go outside because my heart starts racing and the only thing that calms me down is a cigarette
  • Panic Attacks - I'm getting EXTREME panic attacks. When I was told that these were the symptoms of Schizophrenia, I started breathing very heavily and fast, and I started crying from it. Every now and then I realize that my life feels like a dream ("de-realization", which is exactly what I have),
  • Everything seems 'dreamy' to me
  • I seem like I'm more stuck into my mind... Like, I feel like I'm not all there. I've been thinking it was schizophrenia for a while, and then I realized that it's also one of the Ecstasy withdrawal symptoms (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derealization this is exactly how I feel!)
  • Bad sleeping patterns
  • Paranoid delusions - I always get paranoid, which I know is a symptom of both Ecstasy withdrawal and Schizophrenia

If anyone could post any tips or anything I could do to calm myself down, it would be greatly appreciated... This is a scary thing and nobody should have to feel this way.

I don't really know how else to say it, but I will be straight to the point. I have felt the EXACT same way before. I would have swore on my life and my family's that my thoughts at the time were 100% rational and they made PERFECT sense inside of my head. I will simply tell you there is light at the end of the tunnel and sometime, sooner then you expect (I promise) you will realize, "dam wtf was I thinking". Drugs really screw with your head man, trust me. Things do get better, I promise.

After my period of extremely heavy abuse i experienced all the symptoms uve listed.
It takes time but it'll pass. Good luck.

Well, lately I've been having what I think is Ecstasy withdrawal. I HATE it. I heard from another thread of mine that the symptoms are also the symptoms of schizophrenia and that just freaked me out A LOT. But anyways here are my symptoms...

• Depression - When I (ab)used Ecstasy, I was SO happy. I always was, until I stopped for a month (it's been a month today that I haven't done it, and before I was doing Ecstasy every week for about two months, doing 5-9 pills every time). Now that it's been a month I'm realizing that I'm so depressed. I was walking home today and I was thinking of killing myself. The thought of sleeping forever seems beautiful. I was just imagining jumping off a bridge and feeling the wind and then just sleeping forever - I really want this
  • Anxiety - I'm really anxious now. I can't go outside because my heart starts racing and the only thing that calms me down is a cigarette
  • Panic Attacks - I'm getting EXTREME panic attacks. When I was told that these were the symptoms of Schizophrenia, I started breathing very heavily and fast, and I started crying from it. Every now and then I realize that my life feels like a dream ("de-realization", which is exactly what I have),
  • Everything seems 'dreamy' to me
  • I seem like I'm more stuck into my mind... Like, I feel like I'm not all there. I've been thinking it was schizophrenia for a while, and then I realized that it's also one of the Ecstasy withdrawal symptoms (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derealization this is exactly how I feel!)
  • Bad sleeping patterns
  • Paranoid delusions - I always get paranoid, which I know is a symptom of both Ecstasy withdrawal and Schizophrenia

If anyone could post any tips or anything I could do to calm myself down, it would be greatly appreciated... This is a scary thing and nobody should have to feel this way.

Splinters Thoughts, With MasterSplinter

Even when I was back and eatin even more than just a few beans I still never got Schizophrenia...you could have it though I suppose. Or you could be haven whats some may even consider a paranoid psychosis.

Which pretty much equal brain damage for a long while. Your gunna feel fucked in the head for a very long time...probably at least 6 months...

Get use to it my friend.

Best Bet:

Grab a dank bag of medicinal herbz from your local dispenserie, get an ice cold refreshing 6 pack of Bud Light®, grab an xbox 360, and hold up for the fall.

But me Im gunna be eatin some good pokes for this festival rave sesason ...its bean awhile so Im thinkin I have earned a binge or two.

Hope you feel better bro

Overdoing anything probably isn't a good idea - but it's not a good to play it up afterwards, either. I think it's called making a mountain out of a mole hill. I don't believe MDMA 'hammers' your serotonin levels or 'seriously depletes it', either. Sure it might take a knock, but nothing to worry about (even after excessive use)

If you're going to roll hard then be prepared to recover hard - but don't blame all those little worries on MDMA all of a sudden.

OP - What were you like 'before' you took too many pills? Was life one big happy moment until then? I'm guessing it probably wasn't.

Take it easy - don't do it again - Rest and don't think about it anymore.

You'll be fine in a few days.

(note: Dosing up on doctors prescriptions is more likely a recipe for disaster and is, essentially, switching one thing for another. Try not doing either if u really want to be healthy and back to normal.)

I've taken mdma twice a week sometimes two times a day.

The only withdrawals I have are just wanting to roll. It's about the same level of urge I have to go outside and ride a bike.

Edit: Now I've taken 1 month to 2month breaks as well in order to prove my point.

...or you could be haven whats some may even consider a paranoid psychosis. Which pretty much equal brain damage for a long while. Your gunna feel fucked in the head for a very long time...probably at least 6 months...

Get use to it my friend.

That is one heavy statement.

Sure, fry your brain on some strong LSD and I could believe you might need six months to really recover (although you should already start to feel better after a couple...) But 6 months? For MDMA?

Anyone who needed 6 months to recover from some MDMA probably took the wrong advice from the wrong people (parents, doctors, etc Essentially, people who have no prior experience of actually taking the drugs in question.)

One of the main reasons I rarely visit this forum (apart from laziness...) is because of comments like the above - There's no real harm reduction going on here... it's just kids saying "you're fucked - take a tranquiliser, anti-depressant, etc.."
"I've been on meds for three years..." "Go see a doctor" "You'll never really recover..."

Some (a lot) of the advice here is so heavy handed I reckon a lot of ppl have come away from here much worse off than if they'd never visited in the first place.

Like anything in life, including water, take too much and it will kill you - but take things sensibly and you'll be fine. It doesn't get much deeper than that but MDMA, in particular, I believe has NO long-term ill effects and is pretty easy to get over, compared to some of the other psychedelic highs out there...

You might well feel a bit irritable two days later but that's about it.

Right... See you next year.

Last edited:
I've taken mdma twice a week sometimes two times a day.

The only withdrawals I have are just wanting to roll. It's about the same level of urge I have to go outside and ride a bike.

Edit: Now I've taken 1 month to 2month breaks as well in order to prove my point.

You know I've been riding my bike at least four times a week now, sometimes I even make it up that steep hill near my home... Do you think I should cut down? My doctor says I'll turn into a homicidal maniac if I cycle 5 times a week (yeah, I know, 5 times is just stupid and asking for trouble!)

Molly is a nice girl, if you treat her right and make every time you see each other a special occasion, she'll treat ya right.

I've abused MDMA and got the same negative effects you describe, its just serotonin being depleted, not a big deal, you can get over it pretty quick in my experiences.

It's definitely not overwhelming, I find more that I get disappointed that I can't roll because my serotonin levels are getting too messed up. The best advice I can give is to simply get over it, live your life, and when the time is right for you to respark your relationship with my girl molly, you'll know.

Things can overall feel, less good, though, I've experienced it from MDMA abuse, still do, but again, its just not that big a deal to me, life is still good.