• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Ecstasy vs MDMA powder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even understand why this discussion is being had.

MDMA is MDMA, regardless of it being in a pressed pill or in powder form. It does not matter.

Chances whatever pill you get is only MDMA ? Probably not very good. That would be the reason for any difference in feeling. End of discussion IMO.

MDMA is MDMA

Well yes the molecule MDMA is MDMA but.. as we all know that molecule can come in a variety of variations and also salts.

Also it is 9/10 knocked up in a Clandestine Lab which aren't exactly playing it by the book so as a result of this can contain many other CNS active compounds..

Choice / Purity of precursor (depending on where its sourced), synthetic routes, size of operation, cleaning techniques, crystallization techniques etc can all make a big influence on the type of "MDMA" you end up with.

In its context is one MDMA dose from LAB X the same buzz as another MDMA dose from LAB Z . ALMOST DEFINITELY NO!!

Is a powder dose better than a pill dose? Depends on your source. There is no other answer. It is only the fool hardy who believe powder is some how safer or purer than pills and the same goes for pills too.

As a user you are 9/10 in the hands of some kind of gangster operation and I can sure has tell you that your health and purity of pill/powder dose is not on the top of their agenda list.

Is powder purer? Well in the sense that it doesn't contain, binder, fleurs, fillers, dyes etc then yes its purer but in the context of is it a purer buzz? who knows?

Yes a test kit to a point can point you in the right direction in terms of what you are taking but does fall short of indicating purity and cannot always detect adulterants particularly trace adulterants.

Those who are more experienced with the test kits can wing it slightly and look at fizz times, smoke, reaction times and over time be able to "read" these results to a point.. but the "get a test kit" that is quoted on here time and time again is not the answer to everything.. and you still need to have your eyes open and never make assumptions.

Hey I totally know what you mean about high quality pills making you forget what you are doing and such but i'll be honest, I LOVE good presses. The green partyflocks, the green androids, the mario bullets, yes I understand the high is different than molly (powder form) but here is why I think that is the case.

Powder tends to be not quite as high of a dose as a pill, pills take longer to digest and by the time they do they are more in your blood stream and you get WAY more messed up. Where as powder the come up is a bit quicker because it digest faster and travels faster so you feel a bit more ok and in control...

I'd say it comes with the personality though, for me I go to festivals with my girlfriend, my sole goal when i roll besides enjoying how cool the music and air and lights feel when rolling is to at some point pull my girl to the side and be like "lets go chill in the grass over there while you massage me!" and OMG when you are on a good pill that is the most amazing thing in the world. Forgetting what you are talking about? Psh i'm just there to feel good bro. So I suppose if you just went with guy friends to dance then obviously you don't want to be knocked off your ass from some crazy dutch press, in that case yeah powder is better for you because you want the feeling of rolling while still being able to be coherent with your friends and dance the whole night.

So again I'd say the difference of wanting a pill or powder comes with how fucked up do you want to be. Super rolling can only happen from a high quality press. Rolling while still in control happens from powder.

***EDIT***
Also I don't go to festivals to roll the whole time, i am a hardstyle/harddance dancer to the max so the first 3 hours i'm there just drinking with friends and dancing awesomely. I wait until there are about 2-3 hours left of an event to drop so as the event is winding down that is when i want to be peaking so i guess that is why super strong pills are totally fine for me at that point because it's as if the festival restarts for me as it's ending lol.

Last edited:
Super rolling can only happen from a high quality press.

Uh, I can personally guarantee this is wrong. I roll BALLS on MDMA powder, to the point where I find it hard to stand. American pills around here are quite a bit different, though. If I wanted to get to the same level of intoxication I would need to take 2-3 pills at once... something that I just don't feel safe with.

It's all about the dose. Comparing a 200mg pill to a 100mg capsule is just silly. You might even think you're taking 200mg of powder, but I highly doubt it's been lab tested for purity the way most of these Dutch pills have.

U Comparing a 200mg pill to a 100mg capsule is just silly. You might even think you're taking 200mg of powder, but I highly doubt it's been lab tested for purity the way most of these Dutch pills have.

This ^
Yeah that is probably it, to get the same high you feel from a dutch quality press you'd have to take like 3 of the so called molly that you find out here in california. Guess thats why i love the imported pills way more.

Powder/crystal MDMA known as Molly is mostly not even MDMA it's being sold as bath salts or so,e RC

SWIM's past 3 experiences w MDMA crystals (not tested by SWIM) has been the most awful experiences my friend has ever experienced. SWIM called me worried that SWIM might need to go to ER thinking SWIM was overdosing. No matter how much SWIM tried throwing up the substance, it was to no avail. Terrified for life, but terrified for ER experience. After one of the most agonizing experiences, SWIM was grateful to see the next day. be careful. SWIM is more than experienced, but this is now something that he/she will never do again.

in my experiences there is no different from a clean E pill and the same dosage of clean MDMA crystals (lab tested Ofc)

I think the disparity you see in effects ( of which i have no experience) is because IF the pills are not bunk the MDMA in them is of much higher purity than the standard powder. Since the people who produce pills are likely a much larger operation than random lab who made the powder, and the marketing power that comes with having a brand pill makes them way more concerned with high quality.

Even in the old SR, the independent testing crew determined close to 100% putity on a couple of vendors out of the 100 tested.

Edit: the point was, when you're taking pills you're probably taking a much higher dose than what you're used to, so just try half a pill or smth like that

Last edited:
MDMA pills is not the same as Mdma crystals (in my country)

you know mdma pills are made from pressing mdma powder right? usually with binding agents. If you were to make a pill yourself, it wouldn't just magically be a different drug. Unless you put something in it. Which, if it feels like that's the case, it's because it probably is.

IF you are comparing pill vs mdma powder, it definitely feel not the same.

I try to explain this to everyone also I made a research for that in my friend zone. You cant say pills=mdma powder cuz it's not. They're including some substance to make pills and it changes your experience.

@Brendles
Mdma pills made from powder? woooow I didn't know that wise guy :) haha just joking my friend. Everyone will know that for sure.

The other thing is;
The substance is maybe different in pills. Cuz a tester won't indentify the %100 ingredients.
Anyhow it's just a theory.

Briefly: pill experince not equal to powder experience.

You cant say pills=mdma powder cuz it's not. They're including some substance to make pills and it changes your experience.

If all substances that make the pills are inactive, then it's just MDMA crystal pressed into pill form. Maybe you could argue that some of the colouring or something causes a subjective change, but I still think that's tenuous. If the substances you talk about are psychoactive, then the pill is no longer just MDMA, but instead MDMA+X drug.

Mdma pills made from powder? woooow I didn't know that wise guy haha just joking my friend. Everyone will know that for sure.

So here you openly admit that MDMA powder makes an MDMA pill, yet still argue that the two are somehow different? Maybe you should research how pills are made. Have a look into the ingredients and the process of production to see if you can find anything that would cause the MDMA crystal to somehow subjectively change. Perhaps food colouring or something would change the high? Some smarties were meant to produce hyperactivity in children, so there's probably some theories you could come up with.

We both agree that MDMA is MDMA and that's really the bottom line. Maybe if you provided a theory for MDMA+food colouring then I'd begin to agree that pills and crystals vary in subjective experience.

Man there's nothing to explain pills = powder experience. It's not.
No matter how the pills are made, sometimes MDMA is not the same MDMA in pills. we are not a chemist to identify that.

Testers can't identify the fully ingridients too. That food coloring won't affect the experience in that way.

Maybe mdma percentage has a role in it. Don't know. But all i'm sure is pills hit more harder comparing to mdma powders (probably same amount of powder)

i usually dose 180mg when i do my crystals at home with friends. and when i'm at raves in holland i do one 180-200mg pill. (q-dance, partyflock, android) are all in the same range. i've never notice a differences in the mdma high. i guess it's because my dose is the same whether i do pills or crystals. the only thing i may notice is that the pills give me a slower comeup than the crystals that usually smash me in the face. Besides from the set and setting, the high is the same for me atleast.

No matter how the pills are made, sometimes MDMA is not the same MDMA in pills. we are not a chemist to identify that.

Testers can't identify the fully ingridients too. That food coloring won't affect the experience in that way.

Maybe mdma percentage has a role in it. Don't know. But all i'm sure is pills hit more harder comparing to mdma powders (probably same amount of powder)

If you're going to conclude that pills and crystal are certainly not the same, then you need to explain why. Instead of saying 'well they're just different and maybe it's this or that, but I'm just speculating' you need to come up with some sort of realistic theory. You don't think food colouring would change anything, but maybe it would? Have a look into it and get back to us. If you want to explain something you need some sort of theory. A simple 'me and my pals all feel the same' is not convincing. Especially when other's come along and say:

i usually dose 180mg when i do my crystals at home with friends. and when i'm at raves in holland i do one 180-200mg pill. (q-dance, partyflock, android) are all in the same range. i've never notice a differences in the mdma high. i guess it's because my dose is the same whether i do pills or crystals. the only thing i may notice is that the pills give me a slower comeup than the crystals that usually smash me in the face. Besides from the set and setting, the high is the same for me atleast.

As you can see, subjective experiences can change between people. But MDMA will always be MDMA. Perhaps your difference is simply down to dosage? One thing you can never determine 100% is the actual dosage of MDMA in the pill. Perhaps you're just taking less or more MDMA depending on whether it's a pill or crystal. Obviously this would change the high. Then of course there is the set/setting which will never be the same between rolls either. All of these variables are more open to change than the actual drug itself. This was my point: MDMA will ALWAYS be MDMA. The set/setting is CONSTANTLY CHANGING. The amount of MDMA in pills is also CONSTANTLY CHANGING. Not to mention the content of pills are CONSTANTLY CHANGING. The difference between 120mg of weighed tested crystal MDMA and another weighed 120mg of tested MDMA is ALWAYS THE SAME.

It's far more likely that any of the variables that are open to change, such as the set/setting & pill contents, actually cause the difference in subjective experience as opposed to MDMA being in any way different. Pills are much more open to change and are thus far more unpredictable. Sure you can test them, but still you can't determine the exact dosage in that pill. PR provides some guidance but it's still speculative. Whereas weighed crystal will always be the same drug in the same dose and is thus far more consistent. This would be my reason why pills and crystals seem to vary in subjective experience.

If you've convinced yourself that MDMA pills are different from MDMA powder, which they're not, other than maybe slightly a tiny bit of absorption speed, then nothing that anyone says, (even if everyone is saying that they're the same) is going to convince you, and its probably a fair deal of the placebo effect as well.

This is ridiculous, the molecule does NOT change. I don't see how that is hard to understand. There is NOTHING about a pill that would inherently change the way MDMA feels. If it's another drug they are adding to the pills like caffeine, then they are adulterated and it is NOT MDMA only. The only reason pills would hit "harder" is because you're taking higher doses at once, especially as there is no real way to control the dose with a pressed pill. If anything, the compact nature of a pill would decrease absorption speed and make it hit much smoother.

If MDMA is pure, it is MDMA. Unfortunately a large amount of both crystal and pill forms of the drug are often adulterated so "MDMA" is often not MDMA.

I personally think everyone has a point .............. mdma is just mdma but ive literally had this conversation tonight with friends an we agreed
that pills DO have a different effect to powder in regards to we think is absorption rates .............
we all agreed pills are more dancey, possibly to the fact that if you bomb powder in rizla that once rizla is digested the powder hits you all at once
basically punching you in the face with a mud rush lol
where as a pill is more of a slow burner, comes on slower an more friendly... maybe to slow that you want to pop another pill

Forgive the lack of link to back this up, but also doesn't MDMA itself affect how MDMA is metabolized? Like a redose can slow it down somewhat? I might be wrong on this.

My money is on set and setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.