ECSTASY Synthesis for DUMBIES!!!!!

Acidburn, I respect the attempt at educating the masses, but be careful about encouraging potential idiots to synthesize MDMA (no idiot ever thinks he's an idiot). Depending on the chosen method, cyanide gas could be released or the exothermic reactions could go nuts and set fire to the "lab." The latter actually happened here in Raleigh about 6 months ago...the guy ended up setting fire to his apartment building by accident. He's in jail now.
By encouraging this activity, many ill-equiped and incapable people could end up in jail as a criminal or in the newspaper obituaries as a statistic.
Oh, just making up a name isn't effective when attempting to procure the necessary precursors for synthesis. Most of the supply companies will require proof that you are a legitimate business or research facility. The DEA will probably track those shipments that do take place...that's what they do for a living. A little ingenuity doesn't go a very long way when you try to outwit an entire policing organization.
As I said, respect for the attempt...but careful with the attitude. Posting this information then belittling or berating your detractors might not be the best method of discourse. By doing so, you wind up looking like an reasonably bright individual who wants so desperately to be seen as intelligent. Trust me on this...that's my life in a nutshell
wink.gif

My suggestion is to just make it yourself and keep quiet about it. That way you have a cheap supply and a minimal profile...don't waste your time defending your post. Just accept us for the fearful, nay-saying personifications of mediocrity that we are and be pleased that you haven't fallen prey to our mentality.
wink.gif

Best of luck to you...I do respect the proliferation of knowledge...I think I just have a lower opinion of the intelligence of the average individual than you do...
wink.gif

Peace to all...
------------------
I will find humor in my everyday life by looking for people I can laugh at.

Excellent post MR STICKY. Im relieved to see that some one can discuss such a topic in a rational and intellegent manner.
Youre right; it is absolutly possible for some idiot to do damage while attempting somthing like this. But who's more responsible for such an incedent? me or the idiot?
This string isnt about 'should the little guy make drugs' or 'should he have access to information about such a topic (he absolutly should)'.
I posted it for people who may be interested in it. Just like BELISARIUS says: "Its an interesting read." For anyone that chooses to attempt it: the discailmer's right on top of the document.
My initial attitude towards tbritton was in response to his post implying that poor ecstasy is the fault of at home chemistry, and his implying that shitty ecstasy is easy to make, but good ecstasy is hard to make. These ideas simply arent true.
As for ME making e
redface.gif
... I'd never do such a thing!!!! I might research it, but id never make it
wink.gif
As for the DEA.. people get around that shit every day!
------------------
peace and knowledge AcidBurn
[This message has been edited by AcidBurn (edited 07 January 2000).]

Fair enough.
------------------
I will find humor in my everyday life by looking for people I can laugh at.

Acidburn, anyone with the capabilities of manufacturing MDMA, along without the fear of getting busted and the money to get started, is all ready making it. I really doubt that anyone here that is a chemist and enjoys ecstasy hasn't thought to themselves, "hey, why don't I just make this shit" and/or was enlightened by your thorough post that started this thread. With all this knowledge that I feel you love to...uh-um....share, could you possible enlighten me to the legal differences between getting busted with pills, and getting charged with all the lab equipment, precursors, and the intent of manufacturing MDMA? You know, that simply little thing anyone could possibly do and find all the equipment with a search engine.
Besides, if you could make your own pills, you'd know whats in them, and you wouldnt be forced to have blind faith in any jack ass with a pill press and a big fucking ziplock bag of DXM.
See, I have another way of making sure the pills I'm buying are the real deal. Stand over the supplier with a bat in my hand, and simply ask them "are you sure they're good?". Works every time.
If anyone is seriously interested in this, and I mean fucking SERIOUS, go to the hive and READ before you get yourself killed or busted. It’s one of the hosted sites at the lycaeum. Maybe it’s just me, but I usually don’t follow the advice of people who say things like “Hey! Let’s go commit a felony! It’s so easy!!!” and like to hear themselves talk.
“Hey, what do you want to do this weekend?”
“I don’t know. Maybe we’ll go to Six Flags”
“What about the beach?”
“Sounds good, but hey, maybe we’ll whip up a batch of MDMA. I mean –quote- “Its soo fucking easy! And you can find any of the equipment with a simple internet search engine.” –unqoute-
“Well, OK. Either that or we’ll just take a walk in the park, ok?”.
Hey, but then again, maybe this is just junky/stoner talk.
And whatever Mr. Sticky said. (good posts man)

Ok.... Ouch.... Any one need treated for third degree burns here? I think it is time this thread be closed!
Thank you for the link AcidBurn, it was enjoyable reading (I had two years of high scholl chemisty), but I am not about to try it. It has merit, but it is not for the average person, or me. But thank you.
------------------
Reality is a Dream, our real life goes on while we are Dreaming!

Well the sad truth is that all of this may soon be a non-issue (in the US, at least) if we all just sit about while that insideous Hatch Bill is quietly being approved in Congress.
Remember - this Bill will carry incredibly stiff penalties for anyone who posts this kind of info or even LINKS to it. A sad day indeed.
How much more of the Constitution is going to stripped away in the name of the WOD??
Make sure everyone you know knows that Internet censorship is around the corner in the US now -- and our apathy will help make it happen.

the Bright Star method IS reputed to be one of the best ways to synthesis E. it avoids use of seriously toxic and explosive compounds. nonetheless, it should not be undertaken by anyone who has less than a BS in chemistry. the potential for seriously BAD accidents still exists. also, several of the key ingredients are "watched" items by the DEA. you do not want the attention of the DEA.
at one point, the possibilities raised by this article were seriously tempting: $1000 initial investment (glassware, chemicals, etc.) for a batch of 500 pills (plus leftover ingredients for more) sounds awfully good. and it gets cheaper thereafter. plus, guaranteed quality.
but consider this: you would have to establish a false identity before ordering any supplies, find a safe location and establish a front for it, etc, etc. too much work + too easy to get caught = bad idea. let the pros at The Hive handle it.
and there is more to the Bright Star story - the following is a partial list of additions, corrections, and comments from the original Hive discussion:
'Not-me' has done this method several times. Everything was noted and is now in the
trash. The last time 'Not-me' did it, she followed percisely as written ... ~22g honey.
Everything has been tried and retried .. except the Xylene crytalization ... But the
Xylene can be replaced with toluene (which has been done repeatedly), but Xylene is
much more OTC.
“... the internal temp of the mixture should not go over 200C .... Keep
distilling off the liquid until ½ of the solution remains ....”
Damn! I woundn't get anywhere near that hot!.
Yea, neither would I. That is really meant as the extremem upper limit. Its
not mentioned there but, MeAm.HCl sublimates at around 220C ... right?
One more correction ... The distillation set-up is actually on page 190 of Zubrick. (third edition. Its on page 53 of the first edition, but I doubt anyone has that....)
Following the Al/Hg reaction, when you are doing the DCM "wash" of the acidic mixture, you said to discard the DCM layer. There is a distinct possibility that the DCM could contain some unreacted MDP2P, so for what it's worth, I would put it aside and distill. I also see that you like the benzo wacker, is this your #1 route to ketone? In theory I prefer the modified formic (DCE), but I have never studied the benzo. Once again, nice work.
Not-me has done the formic ... and found it messy, smelly, and unpredictable. The temperature control is an absolute must ... and I think that is a little too much to ask the new bee. The benzo method is not 'fuck-up-able'. If you can weigh out the reagents, and vacuum distill ... then you will have ketone.
And you're right, the DCM wash does contain a little ketone, but prolly not enough to worry about ... and besides, the new-bee should have ~60-80g of ketone in the freezer if all goes right.
I believe, the approach as written, is the simplest route to honey for any new-bee. And after the synth, the new-bee will have the materials and a little lab savy to do several other synths without too much problem....
don't blow yourself up!

Thanx freak.
It takes a bit of a maticululis(sp?) person to really do all the homework and get everything just right; in that sense it may not be so easy. But the bottom line of that post: you read it for yourselves everybody
wink.gif

------------------
a pH phenomenonAcidBurn