ECSTASY Synthesis for DUMBIES!!!!!

AcidBurn

Bluelighter
Its soo fucking easy! Some of the links are out of date, but you can find any of the equipment with a simple internet search engine.
I like the last couple paragraphs the best
wink.gif

http://rhodium.lycaeum.org/chemistry/mdmasyn.txt
------------------
peace and knowledge AcidBurn
[This message has been edited by AcidBurn (edited 04 January 2000).]

Yes it is probably not that hard to make backuard shitty pills w/ lots of impurities. The recipe calls foe hcl so...hgey I'll run to lowes and pick some up. The problem w most closet chemists is that they do not use pharmacuetical grade chemicals, and thus, the synthisis ends up with impurities that changes the true composition of the final product. I suspect that is why some pills that test positive for mdma make you feel like shit the next day while others leave little hangover. Closet chemists like to use things like...coffee filters instead of evaporators, and the lists of cheap shortcuts goes on...as does the diminishing quality of the pills. Just my .02. Let's let the professionals make our pills.
------------------
TBritton
"Tis better to understand what you hate, than to hate what you don't understand."

With all due respect MR Moderator, you're talking out of your ass.
First of all, it's not a "recipe", it's a synthesis. Oatmeal cookies have a "recipe", drugs or chemicals have a synthesis.
Second of all there's no such thing as "pharmacuetical grade chemicals" just like there's no such thing as "pharmacuetical grade ecstasy" (GO, I love that fucking movie
smile.gif
). As someone that knows more than you about this topic, I can promise you that the HCl acid you get at the jacuzzi store is the same as the HCl acid that chemists buy from big scientific companies. They both contain one Hydrogen and one Chlorine per molecule. HCl is HCl. Are you going to tell me one brand of table salt is chemically different from another?
Third: impurities are a result of non-ideal reaction conditions, which means all the time. They may be reaction byproduct or unreacted reagent (we all remember the idea of a limiting and excess reagent from highschool chem, right?). These impurities as you call them are inherent to every reaction, and that is why we have somthing called a "workup". Workups are designed to get rid of things that arent suposed to be there. And "impurities that change the composition of the final product"? If you mean some contaminant is going to magically turn ectstasy into some other compound, you are absolutly wrong; it doesnt work that way.
"Coffee filters instead of evaporators" Whoa!! Youre talking about two totaly different techniqes. Filter paper (coffee filters do the same thing) is used to seperate a solid liquid mixture (kind of like when you make coffee in the morning). An evaporator (pot on a stove does the same thing) is used with a compleatly liquid solution. Besides, whats to keep a closet chemist from buying all the fancy lab equipment themselves? Not that its necessary.
"let the professionals make our pills"? Do you mean legitimate perfessionals? That work for DOW or 3M? Are you fucking joking me? E is an illegal drug, there are no legitimate professional manufacturers of the drug just like there are no taxes on its sale.
Besides, if you could make your own pills, you'd know whats in them, and you wouldnt be forced to have blind faith in any jack ass with a pill press and a big fucking ziplock bag of DXM.
------------------
[This message has been edited by AcidBurn (edited 04 January 2000).]

That was a bit of an un-nessasary flame AcidBurn especially as it was you who said it was so easy!
Jase.

Okay, first of all, no I'm not "talking out my ass". I used HCL as an example because most people are familiar w/ it and yes, the hcl you get at a hardware store is more likely to contain contaminants than hcl ordered from a chemical supply company. We can sit here for hours and debate why, but quite frankly it's not important. You need only look at some of the methods people have posted in other forums to realize most self proclaimed chemists don't have a clue. I'm firewalled here at work so I can't pull them up to quote examples of such ignorance, but if you have half the chemists knowledge you claim then you surely have seen what I'm talking about. Most people have no idea what they are doing.
By professional, I meant someone w/ a degree in chemistry or science related field who understands chemistry. Many "professional" chemists have labs in their basements or whatever. Shulgin's lab was in his basement. The point is that we don't need non-chemists trying to make mdma.
I am one of those people. I am not a chemist. I do however have chemistry knowlwdege thanks to my forensic science class. I do know which synthisis gives the highest yield. I do know which chemicals are watched. I do not give a shit, because I am not about to spend the rest of my life in jail. I usually make it a point not to get into these discussins because inevidably someone e-mails me asking for advice which, if given, falls under federal conspiracy laws and minimum mandatory sentencing guidlines.(criminal justice is my field of expertise, and no I don't work in cj I deal w/ corporate retirement plans...woopee)
So to be done with this pointless debate, if you are a chemist and want to make pills...go for it. I just take issue w/ encouraging non chemists to do the same.
------------------
TBritton
"Tis better to understand what you hate, than to hate what you don't understand."
[This message has been edited by TBritton (edited 04 January 2000).]

I have my own "synthesis" for MDMA... and as a matter of fact, I am a University level science student, and know my fair share about chemisty... but let me give you the EASIEST, and likely safest synth for E.
step 1) call a friend that you trust.
step 2) give him money.
step 3) have FUN!
hehe
tryin' to lighten things up a little
PLUR!

Acidburn,
This synthesis process is interesting and appreciated but it's not for "dumbies"...it's geared more towards those with a chemistry background (which you obviously have).
Besides, don't you realize that an order for saffrole oil alone, one of the known precursors for MDMA synthesis, is highly likely to trigger a DEA investigation and "watch"...Trust me, I know what I am talking about here.
Just my $.03 for what it's worth. I wish I had the skills and lack of paranoia to try this synthesis, but my guess is 99.9% will stick to the tried and true method of finding a source they trust...No need to flame and get your knickers in a bunch just because another bluelighter posts a reply that is not in total agreement with you...
PLUR to all
smile.gif

I titled it "for dumbies" after the line of yellow instructional books, just a little joke.
Tbritton was spewing incorrect info.. he deserves what he gets when he does that.
Sassafrass oil (safrole is illegal) is only one sorce of safrole. For those of you with a little engenuity, you can get everything listed in the synth easily, and with no jon law run-ins.
Anyone with a semester of college organic chem is way more than qualified to do this. And for those of you with no chem experiance, you could prolly figure it out. Tbritton is under the impression that while doing a paticular synth, you somehow get some random dangerous substance or poison. Thats not true. The worst thats going to happen if you fuck up is no product will form at all.
Tbritton; you should realize that its not kitchen chemists that are driving the quality of e down, its just selfish people who crush up pills or buy powder, mix with adulterants and filler, and run it through thier own presses. If you worked hard to make it, you'd prolly take a ton of pride in it and not put out bad product. If more people made this stuff, it would obviously proliferate, be cheaper, and higher quality.
------------------

Let me put everything to rest once and for all. TBritton is 100& correct in what he is saying. the quality of the pill is directly proportional to the quality of the synthesis. Furthermore, HCl that you get at the store is not the same as the HCl you order from a pharmaceutical company. If anyone ever wants to argue this, my Dad has held a lab for 25 years, and a PhD in chemistry for over 30 fucking years, and he has taught me quite abit of interesting shit about laboratory politics. Do you think he would ever use HCl off the store shelf, the whole reaction could go sour because they don't tell you about the ion impurities in the bottle your buying or the impurities are far too great to carry out a good and succesful MDMA synthesis.
There is too much terrible shit out there from people trying to make it in their own backyard.
The Doctor
------------------
If it seems as if I can roll harder than others, it is only because I have rolled on the shoulders of giants

Heh. I dunno, I took a quick glance at the provided link, and damn... I could never in a bazillion years make ecstacy!
....But then, I got a D+ in Chemistry I in highschool and haven't attempted the field since, so.
smile.gif

~*~ Ashke ~*~

Well, flames aside--thanks for the link. It makes for an interesting read, though the oppositions to it are valid IMHO.
Think--if you got this set-up right, you could conceivably make all the other "relatives" in MDMA's "family"--MDA, MDOH, MMDA, etc. Shulgin's write-ups on some of these are pretty awesome...

AcidBurn, you are wrong! I have a degree in chemistry and I read the recipe ( btw recipe is a comletely valid "fun" term used by chemists all the time) and it is very dangerous.
first of all it does not list the concentrations or molarities of any of the acids such as HCL used. This is critical information! Secondly, many of these solvents used are known carcinogens, sch as DMF. Unless you want cancer, you do not want to attempt this synthesis without using a fume hood. Also, this synthesis utilizes MERCURY (Hg). And if you don't know what Hg does to you if you touch it, I'll just let find out for yourself when you are in the hospital for mercury poisining. Mercury is absorbed through the skin and is highly dangerous. Also, what are you going to do with the waste products? Just dump them down the drain? Polluting our water system, what a PLUR thing to do.
Also, one of the pre-cursors to make MDMA is MDA which is also illegal and harder to get than MDMA. Why not just buy the MDMA? Lastly, you might be able to find the equipment & apparatus on the internet, but if you buy it you will only wind up in big trouble. That sort of thing is tracked and monitored and not that easy to get.
It's so obvious the synthesis on the link you gave was not written by a real chemist, just some smart-ass chem undergrad.
Be careful!

AcidBurn, you are wrong! I have a degree in chemistry and I read the recipe ( btw recipe is a comletely valid "fun" term used by chemists all the time) and it is very dangerous.
first of all it does not list the concentrations or molarities of any of the acids such as HCL used. This is critical information! Secondly, many of these solvents used are known carcinogens, sch as DMF. Unless you want cancer, you do not want to attempt this synthesis without using a fume hood. Also, this synthesis utilizes MERCURY (Hg). And if you don't know what Hg does to you if you touch it, I'll just let find out for yourself when you are in the hospital for mercury poisining. Mercury is absorbed through the skin and is highly dangerous. Also, what are you going to do with the waste products? Just dump them down the drain? Polluting our water system, what a PLUR thing to do.
Also, one of the pre-cursors to make MDMA is MDA which is also illegal and harder to get than MDMA. Why not just buy the MDMA? Lastly, you might be able to find the equipment & apparatus on the internet, but if you buy it you will only wind up in big trouble. That sort of thing is tracked and monitored and not that easy to get.
It's so obvious the synthesis on the link you gave was not written by a real chemist, just some smart-ass chem undergrad.
Be careful!

Be careful!

Be careful!

Be careful!

Be careful!

A degree in chemistry huh? I have my suspicions.
Dr E: the quality of a pill is directly proportional to the quality of the workup, the size of the yield is directly porportional to the quality of the synth. Even if you could buy CHEMICALS from a PHARMACEUTICAL company (I thought they only sold pharmaceuticals), the chem itself would be exactly the same (or it'd have a different name). But you are right in a way. It is possible for mineral ions to exist in solution; but thats what the workup is for.
"There is too much terrible shit out there from people trying to make it in their own backyard." You dont have any proof of this. How do you know bad pills are the result of faulty chemistry and not economical drug dealing? In fact, its counter intuitive. Maybe you can help me out on this SILVER: synths either work, or they dont. You either get e or you dont, theres no in between. You cant get some sort of pseudo-ecstasy that makes a user feel like shit. E synths are obviously possible using hardware store chems, otherwise, this document would have never come into being; think about it.
Silver: consentrations are listed in %. Which is the same as Molarity(g/L). There is a difference between working with Mercury Salts and working with Mercury. MDA is not the precursor used in this particular synth. Certainly you can avoid tracking while getting chems and equiment, simply by using a fake name, but if I had to tell you that its probably no use anyway. And please dont give me advice about fume hoods and Hg, im the last person you need to be telling.
BELISARIUS: Thanks for the freindly words. Its nice to know someone is capable of exploring new ideas.
Everyone else: youre all paranoid alarmists. "You cant sail around the wolrd Christopher Columbus!! Even if you get past all the sea monsters, youll just fall off the edge!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
------------------

From Queen's University in Kingston if it means anything to you.
I was indirectly involved with one attempt at synthesizing MDMA in Windsor ON which was broken up. I have two freinds in Kitchener ON who have attempted backyard MDMA synthesis who both have analytical chemistry backgrounds (and the shit sucked hard) and I know one lab producer of MDMA out of Toronto ON. I obviously wont mention names or places other than this, but I may only be 20, but I know some really fucked up people and I have seen some really fucked up shit.
not to mention my dads friend holds a masters in chemistry and is a pharmacist who lectures police officers about drug production and sysnthesis patterns. If anybody knows what the fuck ius going on when it comes to making MDMA, this guy knows 100%
The Doctor
------------------
If it seems as if I can roll harder than others, it is only because I have rolled on the shoulders of giants

You still fail to adress my preveious comments. Where's this mystery frankenstien e, and how can it exist?
Look Dr.. if you dont think youre qualified, dont fucking do it. Intelegent, capable, and curious minds might be interested in this topic, thats why I posted it.
I didnt post it to defend the existance of clandestine chemistry to a bunch of idiots who dont know their y-adapters from thier assholes.
People are making drugs. Good drugs. And may of these people are no more qualified than the average intelegent kid with a library card. Thats the way it is.
------------------