View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Eating while tripping

dstr8427

Bluelighter
So, what do you like to eat, if at all? I have met a few people who cannot do it at all, which would be very unfortunate. I am a very picky eater anyways, and would be afraid to try cooking while tripping. I don't wanna burn down my apartment complex =D

Anyways, personally, I really enjoy fruits (sweet ones especially, I like all fruit except cantaloupe basically) or a bowl of cereal. It's hard to really eat while I'm tripping, it kind of grosses me out, so I just chew and chew and can never swallow. This is the reason I like cereal, because half of it is milk which I use to wash down the solid food. After the cereal's gone, I can drink the milk until my stomach is full. Luckily I don't have a big stomach, so it doesn't take much to fill me up. I'm much more of a snacky kinda guy.

What about you, BL?

I generally have no desire to eat while tripping. However, on the come down from LSD I get hungry and my girlfriend usually cooks us scrambled eggs with onion, bell peppers, and vegetarian sausage mixed in.

for some reason at the end of just about any psychedelic experience i have i want a grilled cheese sandwich at the end of the trip..... bizarre

like eating while tripping... i had pretzels while i was on lsd once, they tasted fantastic but i could feel every texture of them in my mouth it was bizarre, i wanted them but didn't... snacks are fun to have around just to fuck with i think

oh actually no scrap that, wine gums are fantastic while you're tripping, I've just not got an endless supply of them

@theacidtest: Meh, I don't like breakfast foods. The veggies I could probably deal with, but altogether it would feel like a breakfast and I'd not be able to eat it.

@synthetix: Definitely wouldn't be able to do pretzels. Way too dry, and I hate salt, it's so unhealthy. wine gums? What in the hell is that?

I forgot to mention, though it's kinda the same lines. I really like applesauce while tripping, and dude, you guys gotta try this shit, Jell-o with fruit in it!!!! It's like alien food

On most psychedelics, food is completely unappealing for me. Maybe a bite or two, or a bit of fruit, that's about all I can handle.

Anything. Sensory enhancers they are. Just gotta make sure it's good stuff - fresh. Lots of colors. Don't get so fucked you can't read a recipe or set an alarm.

Mediterranean food - hummus is good. Even chopped up veggies and ranch dressing. Use your imagination. Stay with light stuff so your stomach doesn't get upset. Fruit and vegetables and sugary juicy snacks are good.

Try it. Bright strong flavors are usually great stuff. Berries, stone fruits, etc.

I find if you have a variety, open the fridge, gut reaction, don't think,ingest. Oranges have turned out fantastic. I imagine strawberries with whipped cream would be pure splendor.

actually yes i found oranges very tasty, in fact i might actually go eat one right now

On PEA's like 2C-C I get the munchies hard and chow down. Hell, even the last time I took LSD I had the munchies and ate some Mexican food. I haven't had anything suppress my appetite in years really. LSD used to suppress it real hard but that was in a time of my life where I generally didn't eat much. Now I eat like four full meals a day, so if I miss one even while tripping, my body is like "Shit dude, life would be a lot better right now if there were food in my belly!"

Acid munchies are by far the worst for me. It is like the drunken munchies times ten. If i am tripping and the vibe is right brother i will clear your fridge like no other you have seen before. I can recall a time i was having one of the worst trips of my life and went home in a hurry. What happened next still stuns me to this day. My mother had gotten KFC earlier that day and good god there was a little bit of everything. I ate it without tasting loving every second. It brought me out of the dark by showing me the light and i now worship colonel sanders. Forever grateful for that. The coleslaw was indescribably delightful and i fell asleep soon after .

Last edited:
I try to eat a small meal before tripping because I know I'm not going to have much of an appetite until after the peak. Eating can seem like a pretty foreign concept in the middle of a trip, although it has not been unpleasant the times I have had food before the comedown, just strange. The weirdest to me is composite/heterogenous foods, like sandwiches, salad, pasta, etc. Any time I've had something like that while tripping, I taste each individual element instead of all of them combined.

I can relate to the tasting of each individual element. Not in a weird sense but more in an appreciative sense. As a chef this helps me to better understand how certain components work together and sparks creativity in the future when preparing a meal.

bananas actually go down nicely too

fruits in general i've found are refreshing and sweet obviously but more so on psychedelics, hence why wine gums were nice for me generally...

It's been a while, but we would always get lots of candy, skittles and the like. This was tradition. Oh and taffy. We would get that clenched jaw feeling and get jawbreakers, taffy and such to deal with it

Eating is about as appealing as sleeping when I'm tripping, ie not at all.

I don't usually get a desire to eat when I'm tripping but if you offer me food I'll probably eat it. First time I did shrooms I got offered a twix bar and when I started chewing it I couldn't help but smiling. It was delicious. Pizza is way too messy for me when I'm tripping and it's too hot. Last time I came down from a shroom trip I sat in bed eating cold Chinese fried rice with a spoon and reading some shitty entries from my journal I wrote during the come up to my cousin.

Colorful food, I never thought of that being an aspect of what I can eat. That's probably why I like strawberries are good, and other colorful fruits. Thank you for that perspective, sekio!