• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Eating on meth

Peanut butter and jelly, either as a sandwich or just together by themselves has been a life saver for me. After some time being on speed, the lack of appetite will eventually disappear. I was like you when I started (could barely drink water) and I have gotten over it completely; now I can easily eat a huge english breakfast right after shooting a dose.

Been there! ?

That's a really stupid thing to say. Even worse is to recommend it to someone who is asking for advice on a harm reduction forum.

No it's not. It just factual. And I'm not recommending it. I'm just saying that if you have zero appetite and don't wanna eat for a few days on a meth binge that is totally fine. Not bad for your health at all (well, obviously the taking meth part is).
Also, I went 6 weeks without eating once and I was just fine.

Ja, there was a priest who said in a sermon once that crank and Nose Candy both are very much appetite suppressants: "The thing with [them] is that you don't want to eat. People ask you if you are ready for supper. 'No, not yet . . . I'm still stuffed from that cracker last Thursday.'"

I get hungry right after a dose of morphine and hydromorphone especially, though I think the only ones with opposite action are various cannabinoids and antihistamines like cyproheptadine (Periactin) which is used especially for that reason.

I'm of the opinion that if you're doing so much meth that you're able to eat anything, it's usually time to take a break.

I try my best to eat before I do a line that way there’s something in my stomach. Today I did not. So I’m trying to find something that doesn’t make me want to throw up. But everything I have tried just turns my tummy. ( bread, turkey and cheese things. Pizza rolls.) Anything I would normally eat, I just can’t get it down. Help please

Don't take this for absolute, personally, when I'm in the same position...watermelon! all cut & cold for me at the friendly big chain supermarket!

Yogurt, ice cream, peanut butter, milkshake

I have to agree. I have a similar go-to eating system for when I'm not feeling like eating normally. I've actually been withdrawing from Methadone for the past month or so, so I have been doing this a lot. What works best for me is to take a large glob of peanut butter on a large spoon. Next, I grab a full glass of milk. Eat the peanut butter in as many bites as it takes you and drink the milk. If you have them, take a multivitamin with this small meal.

I'm not saying that you get absolutely everything you need from peanut butter and milk, but I feel it is a good middle ground between eating and not being able to. I'd repeat a few times a day if you're currently not eating hardly anything. Try to keep an eye on the stuff that you might be missing that's important. It's all important, but make sure you're getting a square meal whenever possible.

Cannabis perhaps? I understand that Cannabis and being up for days usually don't mix well, but Cannabis has stimulated my appetite when I'm on hard times for a long time. I don't know what I would do without it.