• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Eating cannabis more efficient than smoking? I can't get it to work..

I couldnt aquire coconut oil or lecithin so I tried preparing it with butter and canola oil. .5 - .3 in each.
I don't trust my oven at all so instead of baking it for decarbing, i put it in a boiler bag for about an hour. so about 200-210F
i simmered it into the butter and the oil for about 30 mins

I tried a serving that used half the butter, I think I felt mild effects. I just finished eating the rest of it, Ill report back.

on a side note.. it tastes nasty -.-

Did you get high from eating that?

Dairy products & eggs are good sources of lecithin... It's good to mix some butter with cannabinoids dissolved in it into some milk, like a hot chocolate drink, or a yoghurt, it seems to aid absorption by emulsifying it. Using some traditionally produced (imported) hash is much easier as very little or no cooking time is needed & it'll dissolve straight into some heated butter. Depending on the quality of the starting material & your tolerance/size/stomach contents you may want to increase the dose to a gram too. If you're a daily smoker & it's not some shit hot hash (over about 25% thc) or oil then a gram might be needed to get a very strong effect. Don't mix small amounts of cannabis with large amounts of food either, it should taste quite strong, just do one cup of hot chocolate or a small single serving (~150g) yoghurt, not a huge meal & eat it on a fairly empty stomach.

Which reminds me, I haven't done edibles for a while & I have a load of weed. I should probably make a hot chocolate. With weed I usually just grind it, boil it in some full fat milk until I get bored of stirring & boiling it, maybe about 15 minutes, strain & mix with cocoa/sugar/cold milk. A bit of added butter lets it hold more thc, but I wouldn't bother if it was 0.5g of weed per serving or less, there's enough fat in full fat milk for those kind of doses.

Half a gram of good weed (over about 15% thc) works for a light effect but long lasting & I maintain a good tolerance. It's less intense than smoking or vaporising the same amount of weed all at once, but lasts much longer, use a similar amount to what you'd use to get stoned for over 6 hours.

I think you only need to cook it much if it's very fresh. Only time I've had less than expected effects was if it was overcooked or mixed with something too big.

It's harder to judge doses with edibles, if you're too cautious you might get little effect, but a bit more can get you very stoned for quite a long time.

... Half an hour later I have some great hot chocolate, I added about 5g of butter to a pan, melted it, added about 0.8g marijuana, added a cup of full fat milk, boiled & stirred it for a while, about 15mins. Added two teaspoons of cocoa, 5 teaspoons sugar & a small amount of milk to a cup, mixed to a paste, then added the weed/milk mixture through a sieve,some of the milk evaporated so I added a little double cream through the weed in the sieve. Some finely ground herb went through the seive & floats on top, but it's no problem, just a bit lumpy. Tastes fantastic.

And less than an hour later it's already working, fucking well. The weed is a friends homegrown too, maybe only 2-3 weeks off the plant, but it was (just) fully dried & cured. Just boiled it in some milk with a little butter for a few minutes, no precooking or anything. Might use bigger chunks next time rather than grinding it, so I can sieve it better & it's not so lumpy. There's really no need for lots of cooking.

Last edited:
.8 grams should result in an insane, overwhelming experience even in someone with a tolerance. If it's not, you're wasting weed.

In all honesty, I don't think I got much out of it.. I mostly just ended up feeling really really drowzy and layed down for a nap that turned into a full 8 hour sleep. That was 3 or 4 hours after eating it.

Also it was hard to stomach..

You lowered the temp AND the cook time, and you had no real control over the temperature, so I'm not surprised it failed. Oven thermometers and coconut oil are cheap and you can get them at Walmart or any grocery store. If you can get ahold of weed you can get ahold of them.

I mostly just ended up feeling really really drowzy and layed down for a nap that turned into a full 8 hour sleep.
Obviously this isn't ideal (you can probably improve your results), but it does not sound like a "failure" at all.

I'd say you got it to work.

I will be sure to try again with coconut oil and a thermometer, but I didn't lower the cook time or temp. I said I used 200 for 20-30 mins before. This time I used 210 for over an hour. It's not much of an increase but I've read sources that say it should be enough if you boil bag for 60-90 minutes.

225 for 30 minutes for the decarb. 225 for 45 minutes to cook the stuff into the oil. Seal with foil. If you do this it will work. If you do anything else, I can't guarantee it'll do anything.

With Hash I just burn a 16th into some butter melt the butter on a low heat until the hash looks like oil then stir into a yoghurt and munch it down. I normally use Moroccan Hash and have got much higher than smoking the stuff.