• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Easy way to De-Fent H? is there?

smokeymcpot42088

Bluelighter
Now I can't go posting that question in advanced they'd have a fit so ill throw it in basic. Does anyone know/have/can think of/ a way to De-Fent your heron? If so it would be great harm reduction to share.... I kind of assume there is not. (for laymens at least) but it is worth asking; hope some of you chemistry orientated ppl see this.

Now I can't go posting that question in advanced they'd have a fit so ill throw it in basic. Does anyone know/have/can think of/ a way to De-Fent your heron? If so it would be great harm reduction to share.... I kind of assume there is not. (for laymens at least) but it is worth asking; hope some of you chemistry orientated ppl see this.
These are my findings with the help of ChatGPT:
Yes, it is possible to remove fentanyl from a substance. However, the specific methods and effectiveness of removal may vary depending on the context and the substance in question. Here are a few potential approaches:

1. Dilution: If fentanyl is present in a liquid or solution, it can be diluted with a suitable solvent to reduce its concentration. This approach is commonly used in medical settings when administering fentanyl intravenously. By diluting the substance, the overall concentration of fentanyl can be reduced.
  2. Filtration: In some cases, filtration techniques can be employed to physically separate fentanyl from a substance. This method is commonly used in laboratory settings to remove unwanted compounds or impurities. Filtration techniques can vary depending on the nature of the substance and the desired level of purity.
  3. Chemical Extraction: Certain chemical processes can be utilized to extract fentanyl from a substance. For example, liquid-liquid extraction or solid-phase extraction methods may be employed to selectively isolate and remove fentanyl from a mixture. These techniques rely on the differential solubility or affinity of fentanyl compared to other components in the substance.
It's important to note that these methods may not completely eliminate fentanyl from a substance, especially if it is present in trace amounts or chemically bound to other compounds. Therefore, caution should always be exercised when dealing with substances that may be contaminated with fentanyl, and appropriate safety measures should be followed.

Be safe :cool:

I can't think of anything applicable to the real world because in most cases there probably won't be enough heroin in the product to "de-fent". IIRC from the results I've seen on drugsdata.org, most samples containing both compounds only have a residual amount of heroin (in other words the active ingredient is fentanyl, not heroin).

Last edited:
Please don't use chatgpt for harm reduction, pretty sure all of those suggestions are completely nonsensical.
There is nothing nonsensical about what I cited. The same results were found on Google. It's beginner chemistry. Those "suggestions" come from chemistry basics.

That's what I mean they have nothing to do with fent or heroin, just basic chemistry techniques
YES which is what the author was asking about. Chemistry is chemistry, no matter which substance you're working with.

I have to agree ChatGPT didn’t quite answer the question correctly. Dilution will not remove fentanyl from a sample. Filtration of any sort done at home won’t either.

Chemical extraction can but then there is zero specifics to actually pull it off. It’s the same as saying “yes it can be done” but giving nothing beyond that. The specifics are important because it means the difference between at home chemistry or needing a serious lab to accomplish.

-GC

Yea AI isn't going to generate good harm reduction and didn't. This kind of thing needs a human touch.

Thanks G-chem, I kind of knew that deep down but thought i'd see if anyone has cracked it at home just for good measure. I cannot say what the returns would be even if you could but it would still be worth doing imo. Until than I can't touch the stuff and that doesn't rub me the right way. Definitely for the best I suppose but having the choice was nice, damn. lol.

Well, the point is I don't think there is a way to easily or safely scrub fent from anything. We will agree to disagree about ChatGPT. Unless anyone else can produce a good answer, I would say ChatGPT provided more information than anyone in this chat. The answer is Chemistry. Period. But, I don't think it's something for the average user. If there was a way, and it was easy, don't you think a TON of people would have already been doing it?! Since H is much more enjoyable than Fent. Fent is a quick, tired high. H takes you to new places only visited by angels.

Yeah, I don't really see any great way to do it. They have different logPs so maybe an ion exchange resin could separate them out. Problem is, nobody knows what flavor of fentanyl they have, so designing a separation based on chemical properties is a little bit more difficult.

Also the amount of fentanyl which would be dangerous leaves you with a dangerously small margin of error.

I wouldn't attempt this.

Yeah, I don't really see any great way to do it. They have different logPs so maybe an ion exchange resin could separate them out. Problem is, nobody knows what flavor of fentanyl they have, so designing a separation based on chemical properties is a little bit more difficult.

Also the amount of fentanyl which would be dangerous leaves you with a dangerously small margin of error.

I wouldn't attempt this.
EXACTLY ⬆️

There is nothing nonsensical about what I cited. The same results were found on Google. It's beginner chemistry. Those "suggestions" come from chemistry basics.
No they are definitely mostly nonsensical in terms of the question being asked.

1. Dilute it? Okay the fent is still there, just in a lower concentration but so is the heroin. nonsensical and doesn't answer the question
2. Filter it? How? With what kind of filter and what pore size? You would need a filter that can discriminate between the difference in molecular sizes of fent and heroin, how realistic is this? Barely at all
3. Extraction. This is the only real answer and it didn't give any useful details whatsoever. Both are water soluble in their usual forms so you would need to find a way to react one to make it more nonpolar and pull it into a nonpolar phase for extraction which is not something a non chemist would likely figure out. For solid extraction you need some solid phase that would preferentially bind one of the two target substances which, again, good luck if you aren't a formally trained chemist

ChatGPT is useful is some situations in fact I use it all the time, this is not one of them

The only thing ChatGPT is really good for is generating text which must be reviewed and edited before putting to use. Learn your tools and know how to use them properly. ChatGPT is a text generation engine not a reference generation engine

Well, the point is I don't think there is a way to easily or safely scrub fent from anything. We will agree to disagree about ChatGPT. Unless anyone else can produce a good answer, I would say ChatGPT provided more information than anyone in this chat. The answer is Chemistry. Period. But, I don't think it's something for the average user. If there was a way, and it was easy, don't you think a TON of people would have already been doing it?! Since H is much more enjoyable than Fent. Fent is a quick, tired high. H takes you to new places only visited by angels.

See the problem is the point generated if INCLUDING word THINK generates a response that WAS MY QUESTION REWORDED. I do believe "any chemists" was in the question. If I thought it was well known and easy I wouldn't be here, I think I even mentioned I don't dare post it in advanced drugs as.......well i've been around here long enough to know it wouldn't be appreciated. I appreciate your response and if chatgpt works than I don't mind it....in this case it reworded the question. Which may be the appropriate response for johnny "hey i just got a bindle but ya know what'd be cool?". Thank you and no complaints, it certainly isn't the worst response ive ever got!! :)

Nzity -- sure lets do that and Ill bang the leftover sludge as it would probably be the safer pile after evap.

Why do they still have all the damn poppy fields? (thats rhetorical unless it isnt)

Learn your tools and know how to use them properly. ChatGPT is a text generation engine not a reference generation engine
The difference between having a conversation and being an ass is a fine line, and you crossed it. We can have a conversation without you insulting, patronizing, or condescending someone.

My intention was to help, no matter if it did indeed help or not. I'm not trying to spread misinformation. @someguyontheinternet Don't be a jerk.

Tough fuckin crowd huh.

Last edited:
The difference between having a conversation and being an ass is a fine line, and you crossed it. We can have a conversation without you insulting, patronizing, or condescending someone.

My intention was to help, no matter if it did indeed help or not. I'm not trying to spread misinformation. @someguyontheinternet Don't be a jerk.

Tough fuckin crowd huh.
ChatGPT has been out long enough by now that it should be common knowledge that quoting it verbatim is almost always spreading misinformation

I can't think of anything applicable to the real world because in most cases there probably won't be enough heroin in the product to "de-fent". IIRC from the results I've seen on drugsdata.org, most samples containing both compounds only have a residual amount of heroin (in other words the active ingredient is fentanyl, not heroin).
I think this is the most applicable answer here. I've seen people test samples and them not even come back as heroin / opioids at all. Just fentanyl.

Hypothetically, even if it were to be possible, missing a single milligram could still be lethal. Just seems somewhat pointless to me.

I think the better use of time, and the most harm reducing, would be sourcing real heroin.

I think this is the most applicable answer here. I've seen people test samples and them not even come back as heroin / opioids at all. Just fentanyl.

Hypothetically, even if it were to be possible, missing a single milligram could still be lethal. Just seems somewhat pointless to me.

I think the better use of time, and the most harm reducing, would be sourcing real heroin.
for sure

The most acceptable answer is NEVER the question reworded. That helps nobody EVER. CHATGP failed hard. I am sorry the user seemed well intentioned.

Im gunna go ahead and go into dick mode to dead machination about now.....

Have you seen people test samples? Do you know how little that means? That is like me saying I bought a xanax bar saw it tested and it was xanax so no more worry on the streets? Shit varies area to area, also Fentanyl is also an opioid last I checked, be real odd for a test to have no opioids but still fent. Made up odd.

Hypothetically if it were possible do de-fent "dope": under my understanding of chemistry; there would be very very little chance any fent would be left over if done right. Even a mg. As that is how chemistry washes work. I remember being able to yield 90 some percent fent crystal out of the non gel with one household ingredient. (its not not rubbing alcohol)....a second run would likely take 90% of the 10% out. Lets say a mg was left in: noone said not to run a fet strip on remaining pile FFS!! If chemical seperations and washes were incomplete it would be real bad for all of us no matter what the prescription, no?

I actually agree with your last sentence; even if it is akin to saying "wouldn't it be better to just not have this problem". This was basically a "does anyone know cuz it could save lives".

Please explain to me how my question re-worded is the best answer? Really

The best answer I got was from Chem G, which unfortunately was kind of what I figured already but for the greater community thought it was worth asking. Imagine the lives that coulda been saved if some chemisty minded folk did have an answer. (which due to the nature of the question you can bet would be fine tooth combed)