• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Easiest opiate to withdraw from

Roxi808

Bluelighter
Opinions, what's the easiest of the opiates to kick withdrawal wise? I'm thinking Kratom

This is definetely subjective, but yeah kratom or codeine..
On the flip side, Methadone and fentanyl would probably be two of the most difficult to wd from..

- Hopeless Soul

Opinions, what's the easiest of the opiates to kick withdrawal wise? I'm thinking Kratom
Opis like oxycodone and hydrocodone are easy to WD from. Fentanyl indeed has the most horrific WDs I've ever experienced. I can't speak for methodone, but I can image it's equally as horrific, justs lasts much longer.

For me it's:
Fentanyl> Heroin>Oxy

Codeine or small doses of tramadol over a short term period such as a week. Low doses of tianeptine below 100 mg daily was also relatively easy especially when the WD only lasts a week at the most. After using for many years any type of opiate WD is much worse then what WD from stronger opiates used to be like.

Kratom, codeine, and in terms of the more potent opioids: buprenorphine, not as intense as morphine/heroin WD's, but drawn out.

Methadone hurts to the very soul and feels like your bones and back have been crushed.

Kratom easiest- methadone THE WORST! I have come off of poppy tea, vicodins , Roxie's, Methadone( 10 years starting at 180) and codeine and Kratom.

I think buprenorphine is relatively easy. I also find that it produces a very euphoric high. I have been using bupe since I was withdrawing from chewed fentanyl patches a few years ago. I found suboxone after I couldnt handle the withdrawal and immediately fell in love. I may be weird in the sense that bupe is the only opioid I use because i can go a day or two without feeling withdrawal and then they are minor with only some difficulty sleeping if I havent done any strenuous activity that day. Ymmv.

For me, they are all equally as painful. Opiates and Opioids.

This, I'd say depending on dosage even though some are obviously stronger then others like comparing Hydromorphone to Hydrocodone it depends on dosage you're withdrawing from

I think buprenorphine is relatively easy. I also find that it produces a very euphoric high. I have been using bupe since I was withdrawing from chewed fentanyl patches a few years ago. I found suboxone after I couldnt handle the withdrawal and immediately fell in love. I may be weird in the sense that bupe is the only opioid I use because i can go a day or two without feeling withdrawal and then they are minor with only some difficulty sleeping if I havent done any strenuous activity that day. Ymmv.

You think bupe is easy to withdrawal from? Hahaha

Hi roxi. I wanted to tell you that as a kratom user recently, it's been a miracle. I was taking 15-20 10/325 norcos a day. I had to stop quickly without tapering. I've had to do this several times over the year, feels like each month and you'd think I'd learn... but addiction is powerful. So... here's what I did. I researched it, found what others said about it. Went to the smoke shops and explained my demons and they quickly said kratom bali was what I needed. Now, that being said, I had $40 to my name... so I bought 1 pkg of the powder, 30mg. > no prices <. I did as they instructed me... 2 palm fulls and drank with orange juice. I did this 4/5 times the first day. My package was almost out by the night, went and got capsules, less bang for your buck. I woke up THIS morning thinking I should be feeling like shit, sweating and shaking ,but I wasnt. Yes I was hot, and a bit icky. So I took 1 palm full then 5 capsules at 7am. My next dose was at lunch at 12 and then 5pm and last one for today was at 945pm. I'm not feeling the severe wd. I am still hot, a bit shaky and a little tired with light mood swings. I can tell you, normally being at 36hrs, I'm puking, running to the toilet, hot/cold sweats, achy, bitchy and can barely stay awake. While taking kratom today at work, I was able to function. I wasn't buzzed at all, but I was able to keep up. I only feel minor discomfort and in comparison to what I could and should be going thru, this is wonderful as it gets. I read people can get addicted to kratom if taken longer than 10 days and at high quantities. Be responsible for what you are wanting to do. I hope this helps someone. My last dose was 1.5 pills= 15mg at 7am Wednesday 8/10. It's now 8/11 at almost 11pm... I've been so far at 40hrs. I'm really trying to get clean this time
Please, no vendor discussion!

Last edited by a moderator:
Easiest for me was definitely codeine. I had been taking Tylenol 3 after a surgery I had for several months. After being cut off I noticed very little problems. A little lethargy, very slight restlessness, but nothing a light exercise or stretch couldn't take care of, and very bareable body aches.

The worst was by far from methadone. I have never in my life ever felt a sickness that could compare to that. In fact, if you can feel things in the afterlife, and you wind up going to hell, I am convinced that is how you will feel in hell for eternity.

I had to wean away from methadone using OCs. I had to get off that shit, cuz my supply wasn't constant, and after having experienced full blown methadone WD only for a couple days I have PTSD from the experience I swear.

I have also heard Opana is extremely rough, but I never tried oxymorphone, but understanding how powerful it is, I wouldn't disagree that it has the most awful WD syndrome.

But yeah, codeine was by far the easiest for me. Barely noticeable for real.

For me, they are all equally as painful. Opiates and Opioids.
Hi roxi. I wanted to tell you that as a kratom user recently, it's been a miracle. I was taking 15-20 10/325 norcos a day. I had to stop quickly without tapering. I've had to do this several times over the year, feels like each month and you'd think I'd learn... but addiction is powerful. So... here's what I did. I researched it, found what others said about it. Went to the smoke shops and explained my demons and they quickly said kratom bali was what I needed. Now, that being said, I had $40 to my name... so I bought 1 pkg of the powder, 30mg. I did as they instructed me... 2 palm fulls and drank with orange juice. I did this 4/5 times the first day. My package was almost out by the night, went and got capsules, less bang for your buck. I woke up THIS morning thinking I should be feeling like shit, sweating and shaking ,but I wasnt. Yes I was hot, and a bit icky. So I took 1 palm full then 5 capsules at 7am. My next dose was at lunch at 12 and then 5pm and last one for today was at 945pm. I'm not feeling the severe wd. I am still hot, a bit shaky and a little tired with light mood swings. I can tell you, normally being at 36hrs, I'm puking, running to the toilet, hot/cold sweats, achy, bitchy and can barely stay awake. While taking kratom today at work, I was able to function. I wasn't buzzed at all, but I was able to keep up. I only feel minor discomfort and in comparison to what I could and should be going thru, this is wonderful as it gets. I read people can get addicted to kratom if taken longer than 10 days and at high quantities. Be responsible for what you are wanting to do. I hope this helps someone. My last dose was 1.5 pills= 15mg at 7am Wednesday 8/10. It's now 8/11 at almost 11pm... I've been so far at 40hrs. I'm really trying to get clean this time

No prices, please edit your post

Last edited by a moderator:
Tilidine hands down, followed by codeine & ethylmorphine. Then dihydrocodeine. The 3 first I mentioned are a walk in the park compared to the harder stuff. DHC is pretty mild as well. Though it depends on dose, if you're taking 1-2grams of codeine/ethylmorphine/DHC a day the w/d can be pretty unpleasant too. But never near as bad as a w/d from the hard stuff (OC's, H, Fent, M'done, Hydromorphone & Oxymorphone). Can't speak for hydrocodone as it's not available in Belgium so I've never had the pleasure of experiencing both the effects and the withdrawal symptoms.

Tilidine has always been super-easy for me, as there is a cap on howmuch you can take. It contains naloxone that becomes active orally after you reach a certain dose (between 24-32mg). And the max dose you can take has very mild withdrawals eventhough the effects of a semi-low dose (when you have little to no tolerance) can be quite powerful.

Tramadol, despite being one of the weaker opioids, has a pretty horrible withdrawal too. That is because of the combined SNRI & opioid withdrawals. I would place it on par with a medium-sized oxy habit's (~60-80mg/day) withdrawal, or a ~100mg morphine withdrawal.

Like has already been said it depends on how much you're taking and for how long...

For example I've had worse withdrawals from a very heavy and long lasting (years) codeine habit compared to a short (weeks) heroin habit using small amounts..

Fentanyl has been the worst for me be far ...but I haven't had the pleasure of withdrawing from methadone. ....yet.....!