• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD What Are You Munching On? v. Godlike steaks & shitting candles.

Looks like I'd better get to buying train tickets.
Sounds luscious. :)

<3

I know some great uni halls my lads stayed in - ok one racked up nearly £30K (that hurt btw) but the other not...grrrrr Why you not look at places post-grad / or work at a Scottish uni / biolabs?

If not, you're always going to be welcome up here. In "norm" land ;)

I have an appt on Tuesday to get me out of here asap. Dunno how long it's gonna take but I've been told it's gonna be pretty fukkin quick! Talk about fast packing. It's only temp but it's out of here and on the list to get me moved into something permanent as quickly as possible. So yeah, I do believe things are going to move rather rapidly. I would love a visit at some point though...

Holy FUBAR that is a lot quicker than I thought it would ever be!8o Fingers crossed Ms Shambles - I just knew 2016 was going to be the year!

This news has made my day! I needed to hear that too, you know... :D

OMG I'm now going to be looking at duvet covers and crockery :D Thank fuck I didn't buy those $56 green glitter ankle socks (sorry for spoiling that non surprise for you, but I reckoned even you would have slapped me for being so stupid buying socks at that price..).

I'm happy in this moment :)

ps: Is Sprout allergic to cats? or middle-aged women who drive badly?

30k's a pittance compared to the loans the Conservacunts brought in.
I owe nearly 60 thousand pounds already. 8)
Makes me sick when people complain about their £3k a year 'life altering' loan. Fuck you.

Post-grad is now almost entirely self-funded.
I'd be looking at the cost of a small house for my P.h.D.

<3

30k's a pittance compared to the loans the Conservacunts brought in.
I owe nearly 60 thousand pounds already. 8)
Makes me sick when people complain about their £3k a year 'life altering' loan. Fuck you.

Post-grad is now almost entirely self-funded.
I'd be looking at the cost of a small house for my P.h.D.

<3

Aye 30K may be a pittance but I'm a working class wummin, was a single parent then and it financially hurt. Felix was kind to my boys...and he had his own girl to pay for who does what you do. My 2 boys got free tuition too wtf with the 30K...it's something we still don't talk about and never will...

Oddly the frugal older one gives me more heartbreak...Sadie knows :(

A job will pay for masters then PHD if it suits them. My work pays for me. It's an odd thing having a matriculation card at nearly 50 8( I keep forgetting to use it for discounts!

It's the job that matters after... X

Holy FUBAR that is a lot quicker than I thought it would ever be!8o Fingers crossed Ms Shambles - I just knew 2016 was going to be the year!

This news has made my day! I needed to hear that too, you know... :D

OMG I'm now going to be looking at duvet covers and crockery :D Thank fuck I didn't buy those $56 green glitter ankle socks (sorry for spoiling that non surprise for you, but I reckoned even you would have slapped me for being so stupid buying socks at that price..).

I'm happy in this moment :)

ps: Is Sprout allergic to cats? or middle-aged women who drive badly?

Extenuating circumstances make it possible sadly. Also sadly, It may be some time before I will be with my kids as often as I'd like. Mostly because I don't want to disrupt their lives too much and secondly I need to work it out with my employer to ensure that I am only on early shifts every other week. That shall take some planning but yes, sounds like it's going to be fairly rapid getting my bum outta here. Rather bittersweet. The bitter knowing I have so much to deal with on my own ( except for my otters paw ) and sweet because I'm finally out of a bad situation and getting to move on with my life. It's hard leaving the comfort of what you know even if that comfort isn't comfortable....

Going into the unknown as it were. I've always been a rather independent lass but being with out my babies even for a little bit is gonna hurt like hell. It's for their own good as disruption is never good for a child. I'm just gonna have to get on with things. Support my babies and make sure that they're getting whats best for them, not for me or my ex. FOR THEM!

^
Aww honey don't forget your babies are nearly young adults and you've done an amazing job getting them there. They are fantastic people. Like me, you're always going to be there for them, regardless where you are. And that won't be far, ever. This is the new stage with them, you may find it more helpful to them than you could ever think <3

Strong maw paw out to you X

Aye 30K may be a pittance but I'm a working class wummin, was a single parent then and it financially hurt. Felix was kind to my boys...and he had his own girl to pay for who does what you do. My 2 boys got free tuition too wtf with the 30K...it's something we still don't talk about and never will...

A job will pay for masters then PHD if it suits them. My work pays for me. It's an odd thing having a matriculation card at nearly 50 8( I keep forgetting to use it for discounts!

I stand as a man with literally zero parental financial aid towards my degree.
Given my parents earn £10k after tax between them (they separated a decade ago) I would be firmly in the 'working class' bracket.
I'm not a 5+ year Scot so free tuition is like a genie's lamp wish.

I would boil Cameron's scrotum and feed it to the pigs he fucks, if only he knew what six-figure debt is like for those he forces it upon.

I stand as a man with literally zero parental financial aid towards my degree.
Given my parents earn £10k after tax between them (they separated a decade ago) I would be firmly in the 'working class' bracket.
I'm not a 5+ year Scot so free tuition is like a genie's lamp wish.

I would boil Cameron's scrotum and feed it to the pigs he fucks, if only he knew what six-figure debt is like for those he forces it upon.

I apologise Sprout for my lack of understanding of the situation in England especially and what your background means for your education. It hurts me even thinking of that :(

I always think of myself as working class Sprout - I am, its where I came from, but luckily that education has paid for me and my children and hopefully my grandchildren to have a better life. And people wonder why we vote SNP.

There's no point in me saying I understand, I obviously don't. And I'm sorry about that because I wish I did. All I can do is keep voting SNP to get away from Cameron's Briton :( and encourage talent like you to come to Scotland.

Don't give up please, head north - and you know what I mean by north? North of North %) You already have support and friends here...

<3

Voting SNP is the one factor that has helped ensure we are living in Cameron's Britain more than anything else.

30k is still a shit load to anyone, especially a single parent I'd imagine, but it's a really depressing indictment of the general state of affairs in the UK that there are people here who can actually genuinely consider 30k a pittance in comparison to their own situation and through no fault of their own other than trying to better themselves. Uni is insane. My sister went off to uni, dropped out after a year and was down £15k after tuition and accommodation. I'm glad I got in before the fees went up.

edit: i was going to go out to this egyptian cafe to eat later but in all honesty i'm far too stoned, it's really cold, and I can't be arsed so I'm gonna have this sausage roll instead. Woo.

Last edited:
Voting SNP is the one factor that has helped ensure we are living in Cameron's Britain more than anything else.

Off topic my lovely. However, that is what the Scottish people voted overwhelmingly. There was no decent opposition up north of North and I'm still a card carrying member of the SNP they've made a difference here. This is a decent country to live in with all out islands, highlands and small population. Scotland is Different!

I'll be eating from the freezer pre-cooked lasagne as we were at a funeral today and the last thing I feel like is cooking from scratch. That and I have no shopping in.

Political differences are of course allowed, go dig up the thread if you wish to chat further xxx

Even if everyone in Scotland voted Labour in the last election giving all 59 seats to Labour there would still be a Tory Government. So no, voting SNP isn't 'the one factor that helped ensure we are living in Cameron's Britain'.

Edit: Just to clarify I voted Scottish Greens as I'm a party member.

Back on topic: Left over beef, green peppers and black bean sauce from last night. Ate cold straight from plastic tub like a real classy chap.

Home made squash spinach and cottage cheese lasagne I made the other day

f1b79066c13772008cca765a649246d7.jpg

And on the subject of squash, a butternut squash and chill soup, with feta cheese and spicey chickpea flatbreads

e0242e1337913be9e3c4af702fff8100.jpg

All cooked from a Jamie Oliver cook book I got for Christmas. Really enjoy cooking something different :)

^ No MUSKET I could never survive without meat. It's from a Jamie Oliver cook book I got for Chrimbo so decided to try a few healthy recipes. Another lovely meal I made was grilled corn and qinoa salad, mangos, tomatos, herbs, avocado, feta and bacon.

The funny thing is I usually don't even eat feta. This book's probably been good for me, broadened the diet a bit.

Funnily enough one of my New Years resolution is to cook more, you know try and cut down on the takeaway at the weekend and spend time getting creative in the kitchen.