• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Benzo Discussion v. Finally remembered to start a new thread.

If you can show them the information regarding what you have been taking and you are honest then i would imagine a gp having a duty of care to help you. If the rc benzos are say only 6 times stronger than diaz then you are only looking at 40mg to tide you over which isn't that much. Even if you require more it will be much easier to taper with diazepam than fucking around with rc benzos. For one you will have a set amount you have to stick too. It wont cost you anything. It will be safer. And generally jobs that check medical history are looking for bad backs etc not things like medication addiction. I think you would be much better off personally.

Hmm, only problem is that Diazepam is so much weaker than the RC BZs im used to, the usual thing of 6-10 times stronger applies to most RC BZs compared to Diazepam.. And im still taking 6 - 10 mg of the RC BZs every day, after this last 6 months has been a total fuck up regarding the Bz taper. :eek:

I fear that no GP will believe me regarding my dose, and simply will not be willing to dish out 60-100mg of Diazepam every day. :sus:

I forget now what the maximum amount of Diaz they can legally prescribe is but I still think you'll be ok. IIRC they can't to over 30mg (but it may be 50mg). I'm not sure if this is arbitrary or what though as they can go up to a higher diazepam equivalence on drugs like clonazepam which is also a long half life benzo.

As consumer says though no employer would be interested in that. In fact even fairly strict employers (like mine) aren't interested in that. Mine aren't bothered about my dependence problems in the past with pain killers (and my current dependence for that matter). That's slightly different because I was dependent on something prescribed for a reason but still the levels and number of permission slips that need to be signed off before your employer can get even the slightest bit of info about your medical past would surprise you. I'm pretty sure it would be illegal of them to press you on it and definately illegal to discriminate against you because of it.

I've been brutally honest with my work about all my medical history and I wasn't sacked. At the time though I thought I might as well be as I just wanted support and help and at the time couldnt have given a fuck if I was sacked because of that or not. It proved the right thing to do though as long as I could show I was seeking help and not putting anyone's life in danger by turning up for work ripped to the tits they were fine. The DVLA were a bit harder to convince but then again not THAT hard. Admiring there's something wrong and showing that youre actively seeking help and working to get off looks MUCH, MUCH better than pretending it isnt happening and not getting the help you need.

Bottom line...... As long as you're not considering joining the army you're medical information is much more private than you may imagine.

interesting. How short exactly are the short legs? Would it let me get to sleep and stay asleep do you think? Or i may have to try an alternative. Myabe Meclon powder which is very easily available, expensive too though as fairly high doses are required and 1g costs well over €120. It might also be too recreational and enjoyable, which isnt going to be helpful when trying to taper. It's looking like im going to have to play this by ear.

Legs for recreation are literally 30 minutes or less, I'm not shitting you. I really don't understand why this is such a popular recreational benzo.

Legs for anxiety relief are about 5-8 hours. For sleep it can have me sleeping much longer than usual, like 10 hours if I don't set an alarm, because the half-life is actually 11 hours, you just don't feel it for that long if you're awake. So the therapeutic effects definitely last longer than the euphoria and it does work for sleep if that's all you're after.

If you are trying to taper, Xanax is the complete opposite of what you want regardless. Get diazepam instead.

Alprazolam also drives your tolerance up really quickly. Don't underestimate this. I've only been using it occasionally (not daily) for a week and already my tolerance has basically doubled.

Hmm, only problem is that Diazepam is so much weaker than the RC BZs im used to, the usual thing of 6-10 times stronger applies to most RC BZs compared to Diazepam.. And im still taking 6 - 10 mg of the RC BZs every day, after this last 6 months has been a total fuck up regarding the Bz taper. :eek:

I fear that no GP will believe me regarding my dose, and simply will not be willing to dish out 60-100mg of Diazepam every day. :sus:

I told my GP all about etizolam and diclazepam. He had never heard of them but believed me when i told him they where 10X as potent as diazepam. I brought in some printed info which he didnt bother to look at and after a chat he scripted me 15mg of diaz a day as I was stable on 1.5mg of diclaz at the time.

Im not sure how much they are allowed to script you but maybe doing a self taper untill you get to the equivilent of about 30 - 40mg of diaz then seeing your GP might be the best option if your concerned they wont be able to give you a high enough dose to start on.

Best of luck mate, getting off benzos and making a full recovery is totally possible even if it doesnt seem that way.

Thanks for all the replies and advice guys. I will try the GPs and see what they say.

Nothing to loose and possibly a few 100% kosher pills to be gained every day if I'm lucky! I haven't had anything like that since the pharma grade Intas Etilaams dried up pretty soon after the UK vendors started selling them as they were so immediately popular.

I do still believe that I can do this; I just need to put away some other, maybe even worse habits, for a while, and it will all be much more straightforward, getting into a routine and all that.

What would be the best benzo to take if I have problems staying asleep? I can get to sleep no problem, just wake up constantly throughout the night. On a good night I'll still wake up at least 10 times and on a bad night it can be many more times. This has been like this for a good few years now and I'm feeling tired all the time, nearly falling asleep at my desk at work every day etc. Was prescribed a weeks supply of temazepam a few years ago by my doctor but even then I still only managed about 3-4 hours of unbroken sleep then kept waking up again the rest of the night.

My sleep has been like that for many years. I wake up every half your in a lot of pain (got a chronic pain condition) roll over on to the side that isnt hurting as much and then (if I'm lucky) go back to sleep.......repeat every half hour until my alarm goes off.....

The problem with benzos for sleep is that they don't really cure anything. They dont improve the quality if your sleep at all but can help to "reset" your sleeping patterns so that when they are discontinued you will hopefully have improved your general sleeping pattern. This is why they prescribe temazepam for only a week. Benzos stop helping with sleep after a short time period anyway and are very much a short term solution to reset your poor sleeping patterns....

This being said it would probably be a really bad idea to be taking benzos every night in the hope that they will miraculously change your sleeping habbits unless you plan to be taking them for a very, very long time. The last thing you want is to develop a benzo dependency as whatever sleep problems you have now will seem like nothing if you end up down that route.

Probably not the answer you were looking for but good advice non the less.....

Good luck mate.....

Yeah avoid Benzos like the plague. You'd better off trying first generation anti-histamines, as they are so high in drowsyness i believe that some Drs use them as a 'first line' against sleeping problems now. If not, you could always just ask obviously.

Even things like Zopiclone are no better than benzos, i think they are pretty much the same thing, just as dependance forming iirc, but dont have much effect on anxiety. Anti-histamines are not physically addictive either.

Yeah avoid Benzos like the plague. You'd better off trying first generation anti-histamines, as they are so high in drowsyness i believe that some Drs use them as a 'first line' against sleeping problems now. If not, you could always just ask obviously.

Even things like Zopiclone are no better than benzos, i think they are pretty much the same thing, just as dependance forming iirc, but dont have much effect on anxiety. Anti-histamines are not physically addictive either.

Yeah in fact Boots sell Promethazine as Sominnex sleeping pills and IIRC Nytol is diphenhydramine....

(I've also just realised the post I initially responded to about sleep in 2 years old!!......never mind. I cant be bothered to delete it now:))

Zopiclone is GABAergic just like benzos, really no difference at all in terms of dependence.

Promethazine can be had OTC as Phenergan, you get 56 pills for £7. The 25mg ones are enough to knock you out for 12 hours or more if you have no tolerance. I actually cut them into quarters when I use them alongside codeine because otherwise I'm just asleep all day. Strong stuff.

So i just popped down to the pharmacy where i got my otc 2mg rivotrils yesterday to try my luck again.
I wrote a list of suggestions that read, midazolam, flunitrazepam, temazepam, nitrazepam. The lady said she only had temaz or midaz so opted for the 20mg temaz (2 boxes €6) and to my delight discovered they are jellies! I thought jellies had been phased out here. Anyway very happy man to say the least 20 mg jellies and 2mg cclonaz...my favourite benzos
Good luck to everyone on tapers btw stay strong.

Zopiclone is GABAergic just like benzos, really no difference at all in terms of dependence.

Promethazine can be had OTC as Phenergan, you get 56 pills for £7. The 25mg ones are enough to knock you out for 12 hours or more if you have no tolerance. I actually cut them into quarters when I use them alongside codeine because otherwise I'm just asleep all day. Strong stuff.

Yeah i took a lot of Phenergan when i was using DHC by the boxfull a couple of times a week, which ruined my tolerance to both anti-histamines and opis. Really very expensive to push an opi tolerance up, whether its for DHC or ODT, i was taking like 500mg of ODT at a time by the end, and that would keep me high most of the day, infact Id wake up still high the next day which was really nice, i didnt need hardly any sleep, and had loads of energy for cleaning and tidying and stuff like that.

The reality of my financial situation was that after a while i could no longer afford those kind of opis at those kind of doses, and id only take them for a day or 2. And then maintain on like 30-40g of kratom for 5 days or so until my next dhc or odt treat. All that DHC, ODT and kratom also seemed to completely fuck up my h tolerance, something i'd never even tried until this year, tried it a few times, and although it would keep me feeling well all day, id smoke my way through a whole gram in a few hours, which was certainly not cheap. So yeah i think you either need a full time job or to be some kind of dealer or runner to pay for those kind of habits.

I didnt realise how lucky i was when i had been working solidly for like 20 years, had a decent car, enough money to pay for days out, and some luxury audio equipment, or to play pool for hours. But from being fairly loaded a few years ago, i now have next to no money left. I obviously need a job if im gonna keep up all these expensive habits. In fact I dont intend to, im planning on pretty much staying quit off opis. GBL and stims will be next to quit, having plenty of hash makes quitting stims so much easier. And having plenty of Pregabalin or Bacoflen would make it easy to ween myself off any GBL habits. If i can keep my use of GBL and stims to once a fortnight, or once a month, things should be a lot less problematic.

But it was quite worrying how quickly id develop dayly habits, so that id always be taking either opis, kratom, stims, gbl or hash every day. Nice as such habits are i can no longer really afford them without a job.

I didnt think I'd be able to do it before i started smoking the sedating strains, but it's an absolute doddle with plenty of hash. Essentially im looking for a complete lifestyle change, revert back to looking after myself, going for long hikes etc, i'll soon rebuild my fitness, stamina and resilience, it only takes a couple of weeks of pretty determined hiking and stuff, and before you know it you soon have the energy for 16 mile hikes round the national parks and stuff. Well I did before my last 6 year binge, should be able to re-gain that, especially if i quit vapeing nicotine too, that makes a huge difference to my health, as suddenly my appetite returns and im interested in making proper meals again, rather than just living off cheap junk food, when i can be bothered eating at all.