• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Benzo Discussion v. Finally remembered to start a new thread.

Yeah you dont want to go near Lorazepam, Alprazolam or any of the intermediate acting benzodiazepines as they require multiple doses over a 24 hour poeriod as every time they wear off, the anxiety rebounds. Pyrazolam and Etizolam are both short to intermediate acting so again, rebound anxiety is a problem between doses, Diazepam is genarlly the best choice for daytime anxiety.

No benzodiazepine is suitable for chronic anxiety problems. They firstly lose their hypnotic effect, usually within days, but will continue to provide adequate anxiolysis for a month or 2. Anyone taking these drugs should use them for no longer than 14 - 28 days consecutively, or taken in isolated doses 'PRN' (as required). I dont know why you are not getting a good anxiolytic effect from the diazepam you use accasionally, but finding an optimal dose that can be taken as required is the probably the best way to use these drugs for these problems - I do not know what dose you are currently prescribed, but 10mg taken no more than three times a fortnight should offer excellent symptomatic relief for up to 24 hours at a time with no rebound symptoms in those with little or no tolerance. Clonazepam is not licensed as an anxiolytic in the UK so you are unlikely to be prescribed it, its only licensed for treatment resistant epilepsy so while doctors occasionally prescribe it off label for the same indications as diazepam, they are the exception not the rule. Taking triazolo RC's (Clonzolam, Flubromazolam) are not suitable for your sirtuation, you will find them too recreational to lave alone and they will send your tolerance through the roof.

As sprout says if you decide to use the RC scene then Diclazepam is the only real choice -it is very similar to diazepam and like its parent it has a long half life

3x10mgs was the dose i've taken Diazepam, but not for too long and nowadays i rarely take it but if, mostly dosed somewhat higher and just once a day. I have it as emergency Med and so don't need to use it daily with multiple doses taken consecutively, which is something i wanna avoid and don't do - as said, because of the fear of gettin' hooked off that stuff and even more it's said to be horrible withdrawals if ceased (and not being detoxed beforehand). So that's why i don't take it often in the first place BUT that could also be the culprit of it not working properly - well, that's at least something i could think of being the problem.

Whatever, were i live Clonazepam is being prescribed for anxiety disorder (amongst others), even though the "classics" Alpra- Lora- and Diazepam are vastly preferred for this specific issue. I'll perhaps ask my doc to test-trial switch me to Clona as i think it could be a better choice, but honestly don't see it as a solution but rather something to use sparingly/in case of emergency.

1mg diclaz is about 10mg diaz I think.

I popped a 2mg xanax last night with no tolerance. Oh how I overslept.

I know Pyraz or Etiz are good for anxiety disorders but i wanna use a pharm grade Med as i'm actually sick (it's amongst other things mostly related to me being diagnozed ADHD)

Being diagnosed adhd is 'sick' in only the very very loosest sense of the word.

I have ADD (the retrospective adult diagnosis of childhood ADHD) but have never seen the need to treat it. I have been offered Concerta (ER Methylphenidate) as a young adult but refused as I did'nt want to increase my neurosis by spending every day under the influence of a long. acting stimulant.

Ive used benzodiazepines regularly since 1999 and while I have found them extremely useful in managing my anxiety, they do not offer any benefit with regards to my ADD symptoms. If anything, they make them worse as they have a negative impact on my inattention due to the powerful lack of motivation and feelings of procrastination they produce.

Benzodiazepines do not treat the symptoms ADHD or ADD in any way whatsoever.

I'm not sure exactly what the symptoms of ADD are, but if they include having so much shit going on in your head that it can be difficult to focus your attention properly on the here and now, or situation at hand; in that regard at least benzos work wonders. I couldnt remember what it was like to have a still mind until i took my first etiz a few years ago. I liked the feeling so much i was instantly hooked. I stuck to the prescribed 1mg dose for roughly the first 6 months, i cannot remember why or how my dose started escalating, but it certainly did.

I've not got a huge amount to say about benzos except 90% of the UK Actavis/Teva/Crescent fakes are shite. Agreed? The fake paki roche are better imo

I have ADD (the retrospective adult diagnosis of childhood ADHD) but have never seen the need to treat it. I have been offered Concerta (ER Methylphenidate) as a young adult but refused as I did'nt want to increase my neurosis by spending every day under the influence of a long. acting stimulant.

Ive used benzodiazepines regularly since 1999 and while I have found them extremely useful in managing my anxiety, they do not offer any benefit with regards to my ADD symptoms. If anything, they make them worse as they have a negative impact on my inattention due to the powerful lack of motivation and feelings of procrastination they produce.

Benzodiazepines do not treat the symptoms ADHD or ADD in any way whatsoever.

I doubt they'd be much help with the impulsive behaviours either. 8(

^ fucking hell.
That's seriously the worst drug i ever took.
...which is quite a feat, as i have been known to take all manner of stupid drugs over the years.

Phenazepam had a really really bad reputation, but i never found it anywhere near as bad as f-lam.
Rubbish, but it didn't chew me up and spit me out like flubromazolam did.

After all that fucking abouy with foul 90% ethanol....my pg arrived yesterday....250mg diclaz powder down the drain cos i chucked it our....grrrrrr

Just made what will have to be my final order for legal RC benzos. Who knows when any vendor is going to just shut up shop or run out of stock at any point before April 6. I was cutting things a little too fine to complete a taper with no worries with what i currently have. I now feel 100% confident that I will have enough to comfortably complete my taper, and will probably have leftovers at the end.

Perhaps the biggest mistake i have been making with benzos all along with was trying to take them to force myself to sleep when i wasn't even remotely ready for sleep, for example i didn't wake up until 1pm today and previously i might have taken my dose at 1am tonight hoping to get my sleep 'back to normal.' Except perhaps at the very start when my GABBA receptors were all shiny and new this has not worked and has probably been the one main reason for my dose escalations and continual backwards fluctuations with my taper. Well no fucking longer. From now on I will not be going to bed or taking my benzos until i feel tired, the number of nights i have gone to bed tanked up with benzos and still lead awake all night, re-dosing benzos every 2 hours out of sheer frustration, increasing my tolerance and prolonging the taper all the while. 8(

Somehow developed a bit of self-control since my dependent days. In 8 weeks I've used 6mg of Pyrazolam and not even touched my stash of F-Pam and -Lam. I would have laughed in your face if you told me I'd ever be able to do that.

Yeah you dont want to go near Lorazepam, Alprazolam or any of the intermediate acting benzodiazepines as they require multiple doses over a 24 hour poeriod as every time they wear off, the anxiety rebounds. Pyrazolam and Etizolam are both short to intermediate acting so again, rebound anxiety is a problem between doses, Diazepam is genarlly the best choice for daytime anxiety.

No benzodiazepine is suitable for chronic anxiety problems. They firstly lose their hypnotic effect, usually within days, but will continue to provide adequate anxiolysis for a month or 2. Anyone taking these drugs should use them for no longer than 14 - 28 days consecutively, or taken in isolated doses 'PRN' (as required). I dont know why you are not getting a good anxiolytic effect from the diazepam you use accasionally, but finding an optimal dose that can be taken as required is the probably the best way to use these drugs for these problems - I do not know what dose you are currently prescribed, but 10mg taken no more than three times a fortnight should offer excellent symptomatic relief for up to 24 hours at a time with no rebound symptoms in those with little or no tolerance. Clonazepam is not licensed as an anxiolytic in the UK so you are unlikely to be prescribed it, its only licensed for treatment resistant epilepsy so while doctors occasionally prescribe it off label for the same indications as diazepam, they are the exception not the rule. Taking triazolo RC's (Clonzolam, Flubromazolam) are not suitable for your sirtuation, you will find them too recreational to lave alone and they will send your tolerance through the roof.

As sprout says if you decide to use the RC scene then Diclazepam is the only real choice -it is very similar to diazepam and like its parent it has a long half life

While it is true clonazepam is only officially licensed for epilepsy in the UK, it can and is prescribed for severe anxiety too.

Here is the NHS page for panic disorder treatment.
If you scroll down you will see it specifically lists clonazepam as the only benzo recommended for panic attacks.

You'll still have a hard time getting any benzo off the NHS, but if you have panic attacks and you've got an anxiety diagnosis it is worth asking about clonazepam as you could get lucky.

I think it is pretty well recognised that diazepam is not ideal for panic attacks. And that's certainly my experience of it. It's good for calming down anxious thoughts, but if you have an actual panic attack diazepam is fucking useless. Clonazepam is much much better.

Can't speak about lorazepam as I've never tried it but the NHS seem more keen to script that than clonazepam, although you're right that short acting benzos are prone to causing quick rebound anxiety. That's partly why I dislike alprazolam.

I disagree diclazepam is similar to diazepam though. They are completely different drugs. Aside from the half-life I would not call them "similar" at all. But diclazepam is decent for functional anxiety relief without causing too much impairment.

while it is true clonazepam is only officially licensed for epilepsy in the uk, it can and is prescribed for severe anxiety too.

clonazepam is not licensed as an anxiolytic in the uk so you are unlikely to be prescribed it, its only licensed for treatment resistant epilepsy so while doctors occasionally prescribe it off label for the same indications as diazepam, they are the exception not the rule.

8) i acknowledged that

Meclonazepam's systemic anti-helminthic properties were an oddity but we now have a documented inhibitor of extracellular envelope formation in Hepatitis B...
Norflurazepam by name, 'tis the active metabolite of Flurazepam, obviously, and Flutoprazepam among others.

Norflurazepam (N-Desalkylflurazepam) Sprout....., just while while your on the subject....

Got some of these to try today. 5mg pellets. Going to try 25mg (high tolerance ATM - damn those 1mg clonazolams) tonight as I havn't had any benzos since tuesday.

Has anyone got any experience with these? I know they not super charged like the triazolos or flubromazepam but what little trip reports there are seem very positive

Let us know how they are. :)

SL 250ug of Flubromazolam twenty minutes ago. Thankfully this time I don't have enough stashed about to enact the typical blackout scenario.
Took far longer than it should have to learn that having a few grams to hand goes quite badly. 8(

I could not resist all of the Flubromazepam clearance sale special offers in the end. At least I opted for one of the lowest quantity bargain offers. 75 x 4mg pills for the price of 50. Unfortunately I had always ordered the 8mg pills up until that point, and the 4mg versions weren't really having the desired effect. I ended up getting through a lot more than intended, not that I even set myself any intentions of how many to get through before cracking open the bag. I got through quite a lot of them, and unsurprisingly conked out on the couch. Surprisingly that was only for half an hour or something. The half life really is so long though, that i was still absolutely fucked the next morning, and by bedtime the following evening my usual new taper lowered dose was more than enough of a top up the Flubro and knock me clean out, and get to sleep earlyish, maintaining my new bed time / wake time routine im working on.

I am very glad that I did not fall for the 1g of powder for £50, which really is a fantastic deal, but very bad news for anyone trying to reduce their tolerance. Buying that really would have set my taper back a long way. As it is I only have very few of the 4mg Flubros left, and don't seem to have set my taper back too much, at least not that I've noticed, yet. With the Flubro from the initial binge likely to remain in my bloodstream for at least 2 more days i wont know how much i have set myself back until that has cleared. If i was far more regimented and disciplined these could be useful in a taper. Towards the end i could just take half a pill every couple of days, which would be helpful in adjusting to not taking benzos every day.

Last edited: