• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [DXM Subthread] Third Plateau Trips

I know acid and shrooms kick DXMs ass haha. But it wasn't that I saw things melting like I see sometimes on acid, I mean everything in my vision just seemed to collapse. I rarely see any OEVs on DXM. And I definitely have never seen anything that came close that.

i doubt it was anything out of the ordinary. it was just 2 seconds. i used to fall into different realms in outter space and just fly through time and visit all kinds of weird mystical other wordly stuff. even when my eyes were open. and i'd blink and move a little and snap back into reality and i'd be like,"how'd i get in here??" haha cuz i thought i was in some weird dimension.

Sounds pretty normal. That effect sounds like one you can expect from 3rd level trips, I have gotten from dissociates (like DXM / ketamine are) that when I watched a movie that inspires certain emotions that it fills me up inside much more than normal.

The stage of human consciousness is constricted on dissociatives making you experience much more directly what happens inside of you. When you trip on a level that has not totally cut off outside perception (such as a K-hole) part of it still trickles in like watching a movie, then what it stirs up inside of you is felt more intense because that is what gets the upper hand.

This is a simplification of part of what probably happens with dissociatives but the part relevant to your experience.

Thank You Solipsis, that is a perfect explanation! I did feel really tied into the movie when my world started to melt away.

I don't think oevs are common on dxm. But at a dose that high, who knows? I personally dislike dxm, the only thing I enjoyed on dxm was when I came down.

Ok so first off, i've done DXM multiple times (over 45 probably) and i've done anywhere from 150mg to 600mg, the last time i had a good trip was in november and i had 560mg. I weigh about 120lb and i have an EXTREMELY low tolerance. On anywhere from 450mg up i get out of body experiences, full blown hallucinations (flying through tunnels thinking i'm a orb of light going to the beat of music) and the euphoria. What i was wondering is a couple things.
1. I am thinking of taking 450-600mg tonight and i haven't done it in a couple months, and i was wondering if i would be ok?
2. Will i reach 4th platue again like i did before?
3. Is there anyway to not get the hangover the next day? haha i hate it XP
BTW i'm taking to robotussin gel caps with DXM as the only active ingredient.
Thank you :)
Btw I can easily get LSD or mushrooms, or pretty much anything, i am just one of the rare people out there that actually enjoys DXM a lot :)

1. Yeah man, you'll be fine, have fun!
2. Who knows! Dose and see. I say go for 600mg and see where you end up.
3. I used to get a little hungover but it ended up becoming more of an after glow. Just make sure you get some sleep after tripping and drink water! I know it can be hard to remember, but drinking water is a very important thing!

I enjoy DXM as well!

Ok cool thank you finally someone who doesn't think i'm stupid for it XP
And drink water while i'm on it? or afterwords? Because for me, when i wake up the next morning, it's definetely an afterglow, but i'm also nausea's and can't eat or drink anything for the next day.
And ok i'm going to do 600mg then :) I'm excited :D

This thread or trip reports...

I guess it really belongs in trip reports..

I'm seriously so stoned I can hardly comprehend what I'm supposed to say or i duno... Sorry.

Last edited:
Haha it's ok :) I just took 25 of them (375mg) and i'm slowly taking more. I have a hard time swallowing pills XP so i have to take 15 more, i'm more than half way done but i'm getting there :D I started taking them at 10:59 :) Hopefully it doesn't affect my trip because i spaced them out :/

Ok I think i'm going to just stop at 30 (450mg) because i swallowed those last 5 and almost puked all over my bed >.< But still my tolerance to drugs is so low i should be ok. Half an ecstasy pill and i can be floored and eyes in the back of my head. So hopefully this is fun :)
Wish me luck :)
I'll write on a notepad when i start to feel it and the feelings i get throughout the night :)
And if i take more i'll post it too.

Welcome to the endless music tunnel of DXM, I spent most of high school there, it's quite a nice place. Cannabis and nitrous are catalysts for the "holy shit!" effects of DXM in my opinion.

Nitrous works? when would i use that? And sadly i have neither of them with me :( And ah, you know about the tunnels too ;) It's one of the main reasons i take a lot of it :) I LOVE listening to music and going through them it's so much fun :D

Possibly off-topic: I remember one time a buddy of mine emptied a whole bottle of gel-caps into his mouth and swallowed all 20 of em' at once :|

1. you'll be safe provided you haven't taken anything that puts you at risk for serotonin syndrome.
2. no clue, everybodies doses are different, that dose would be 2nd plateau for me but i weigh 240.
3. third and fourth plateau have nasty hangovers in my experience.

Clusterone666
Nitrous works? when would i use that? And sadly i have neither of them with me And ah, you know about the tunnels too It's one of the main reasons i take a lot of it I LOVE listening to music and going through them it's so much fun [/QUOTE]

Nitrous oxide does more than make other drugs work, it's one hell of a dissociative that plays with my mind more than anything when used in psych/dis combos. DXM + a case of whippets (I know, probably pretty neurotoxic) is fucking ridiculous. I won't even bother trying to describe it.

Wow

Wow am I shocked how I just decided to start "robotripping", I am tripping right now so bear with me if my spelling is crazy. I today just took 2 bottles or robotussin with 10mg dextromethorphine and 100mg of guatiesin. I took the first one and gulped it down around noon. I wasn't feeling real dissociated and energetic yet, so I gulped down half the other bottle. I was feeling great then. I had trouble walking and I think my Mom just seems to look at me like "He's high on something".

She is so used to me relapsing, trading one drug for another, that she doesn't care anymore I think. I am on 2 8mg suboxone, one in morning and another in evening. I am also on xanax 2mg 3x daily and I am amazed that when I take my "tussin" before the sub first thing in morning, that I really get higher effects when I get done with my sub and taking my xanax too. I was not aware that this dxm is like a psychadelic drug. I hated weed last time I tried it, but for some reason now I love getting "delusional feelings".

My worries: I drink 2 bottles of the "special stuff for diabetics" with no sugar and the bad stuff that harms your body so bad, yet best part is it has 10mg, sometimes 15mg of dxm. I have been tripping for 2 or 3 days straight now. I'm afraid to get more "delusional than I am now", I feel fine where I"m at now. But.

1, will I feel more Delusional if I keep the same dose up everyday?
2, what physical damage am I doing to my body?
3,since I have no colon, I think that's why I have not thrown up yet, or will I heave if I keep doing it even every other day?
4,if I stop doing this now, will I go through any type of wd's like Opiates do? I assume not since psychadelic like drugs dont have wd's, but dxm is different.
5, does stopping this while I'm ahead allow me to not be addicted? or will I keep getting depressed and wind up in rehab again?

That's my "fun week" for this week, I'm really enjoying the last of this trip tonite, I'm fading in and out of delusional feeling and even better with xanax. I dunno but after the rotten week I've been through last week, I'm prolly gonna go out and buy some more bottles tomorrow lol. Btw for some odd reason I dont like the Robotussin brand, but the cvs brand for diabetics really "sends me beneath the milky way" ha ha lol and shoves depression of any kind "beneath the milky way as well", therefore wiping out all sadness etc, WOO WOO feel the love. Ha ha.

i would give it a break after 3 days straight man, that cant be good for you...

dxm has shown to be neurotoxic over long periods and frequent use.