• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DXM Subthread] First Time

what you mean this thread will be soon moderated?

no I hate alcohol and mate doesnt plan to drink... but we plan to smoke alot weed

600 mgs is a good dose if you're looking to have a truly impressive experience. I recommend taking 50 mgs diphenhydramine (Benadryl) 20 minutes before ingesting the dxm, that will way decrease your chances of having a bad time. DXM releases histamine in a lot of people which can cause serious discomfort in the form of itching, If I take above a second plateau dose without a small dose of antihistamine the itchiness is nigh unbearable.
EDIT: about any anti-histamine will work for this, just don't take any non-drowsy ones because that can be a really bad combination.

600 mgs is a good dose if you're looking to have a truly impressive experience. I recommend taking 50 mgs diphenhydramine (Benadryl) 20 minutes before ingesting the dxm, that will way decrease your chances of having a bad time. DXM releases histamine in a lot of people which can cause serious discomfort in the form of itching, If I take above a second plateau dose without a small dose of antihistamine the itchiness is nigh unbearable.
EDIT: about any anti-histamine will work for this, just don't take any non-drowsy ones because that can be a really bad combination.

how its such a dose... can you walk,talk or pretend your sober?

No, you won't be able to walk very well or pretend you're sober. If you can walk at all it will be very hard, as your mind is dissociated from your body it's kind of like controlling a video game character. Talking may be difficult as well, it depends on the person. 600 mgs might well put you on the "third plateau" and give you a good old fashioned identity loss, or it might just severely fuck you up, it's a very finicky drug when it comes to dosage.

It might be a nice dose but why does it have to be that high the first time? :\

About 10% of the population doesn't synthesize an enzyme well (this is called a deficiency) which normally breaks down the DXM. If you happen to be among those people, the effects of DXM are different and much much stronger. So for the first time take a reasonable dose and stick to about 350 mg.

By moderating the thread I mean that we have a central "First Time DXM" thread, so this is not appropriate here. I understand your situation and for the time being won't do anything but this will eventually get added to it.

350-400mg will get you plenty fucked the first time. Like you'll be super fucking high with weed, perhaps even too high. At higher doses you will be a robot essentially being controlled by a barely conscious mind, so set and setting are insanely important. I've tripped on dxm more times than i can count and fucking love it most of the time, must have weed though but be careful as it will send your trip to a whole new level. I've blacked out after smoking bongs on 4th plateau doses, so just watch out for that and avoid and stupid behavior as you will find yourself getting urges to do strange things. Most of all, relax and have fun and make a plan or even an adventure, that really makes a DXM trip fun. And for your first time avoid the general public.

I remember my first time on a high dose i decided to go in a gas station and slid around on my back using my legs to propel me around in circles. I don't know why i did this but it happened. Then i stole some chocolate bars and left. I also knew the person working there but not really well and it was tough to explain afterwards what had happened.

i remember my first time on a high dose i decided to go in a gas station and slid around on my back using my legs to propel me around in circles. I don't know why i did this but it happened. Then i stole some chocolate bars and left. I also knew the person working there but not really well and it was tough to explain afterwards what had happened.

lol! =D

It might be a nice dose but why does it have to be that high the first time? :\

About 10% of the population doesn't synthesize an enzyme well (this is called a deficiency) which normally breaks down the DXM. If you happen to be among those people, the effects of DXM are different and much much stronger. So for the first time take a reasonable dose and stick to about 350 mg.

By moderating the thread I mean that we have a central "First Time DXM" thread, so this is not appropriate here. I understand your situation and for the time being won't do anything but this will eventually get added to it.

ahhh,your cool,thanks mate :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Weed will potentate the DXM, if you love weed you'll love it. If you have any love for glitchy electronic music or ambient, indulge yourself, DXM and weird music is like loves and fishes from Jesus himself.

I never had ketamin or anything like DXM.... I am just DOB,LSD & Shrooms guy.... try to explain to me how it is,mainly the visuals on 350mg and 600mg doses

its not really visual , but there are closed eye visuals with high doses

physically , u feel weightless , its nice

mentally , the vision iz immaculate

so there are visuals

great with music , cigarettes , and potentially canibus

That FAQ is a fine and sacred text from way back. Best drug FAQ i've ever seen. Bless William White.

DXM first time

Throughout highschool I always heard of kids robotrippin and even some of my friends. I have yet not to though.
So i picked up a bottle of this tussin
Only active ingredient Dextromethorphan HBr, 15mg in each 5ml tsp.
So that being said you do the math 354mg of DXM in the bottle total since its a 4 fl oz bottle.
So what do you suggest. Start with half a bottle see how it goes? Or just down it?
This site seems to be pretty informational http://dxm.darkridge.com/text/beginners.html

Last edited:
Assuming you are not an extremely slow metabolizer, ~350mg would be a fine starting dose, you shouldn't be underwhelmed.

Okay thanks this is the only time i plan on doing it because idk just something about the whole cough syrup thing. But with 15mg per 5ml tsp with a total of 354mg of DXM in the bottle. Do you think chug the whole thing at once or just chug half then wait and see?

Just do it all at once, gets the taste out of your mouth sooner (and one shouldn't upset your stomach too much).

Okay thanks this is the only time i plan on doing it because idk just something about the whole cough syrup thing. But with 15mg per 5ml tsp with a total of 354mg of DXM in the bottle. Do you think chug the whole thing at once or just chug half then wait and see?

Chug it all 350mg is a light-medium dose.

I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but I would like to know how much of the robitussin extra strength in pill for I should take if I'm a male, 5'8, and 135 pounds to get a good trip, but not overdose or get sick from it

Anyone had any experiences with nyquil???It has DXM in it, & I took 3 and was falling in & out of sleep, seeing things that weren't there not to mention, my hubby thought I was on the phone at 2:00 in the morning cuz I was sitting in bed "thinking" I was talking to my daughter & my sister. .. Wtf? Anyone with a weird nyquil experience????

There's an antihistamine in NyQuil, which means you were in/right on the verge of a delirium. I would not pursue taking that if I were you, read up on all the horror stories on DPH for example..