• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [DXM Subthread] DXM Dosage - How much to take?

I found 330mg quite enough for a taste of the dissociative effects... and the nausea.

I found 330mg quite enough for a taste of the dissociative effects... and the nausea.

Yes if you underdose with DXM you'll get horrible side effects like itching (severe) and nausea as well as headaches and malaise. You absolutely have to dose beyond that point or the experience is a waste of time.

I used to get really bad itching, but I've found that if you take an antihistamine 20 minutes or so before dosing that completely takes care of the problem. This is because DXM causes you to release a bunch of histamine, which in some causes mild to severe itching, but you can counterbalance this with a small dose of antihistamine. This is why despite all the terrible problems Coricidin has at recreational doses it tends to be more comfortable (it has an antihistamine as an active ingredient as well as the DXM).

That being said there can be major health complications if you try this trick with non-drowsy antihistamines, I always use 50 mgs diphenhydramine (Bendadryl). There still are the other negative effects, mainly nausea, but DXM is really no worse than most other drugs in that regard if you really think about it. I'm really trying to preach about the antihistamine trick though, that really works wonders.

DXM is a serious psychoactive, thats for sure. I did around 780mg today and it was pretty overwhelming. I think I hit 3rd plateau because the euphoria was gone altogether (its back now), to be honest it was scary. I had this feeling like something huge was about to happen and that was making my heart race like mad, I calmed myself down by assuring myself that its okay if I die, my family will get over it and I was wondering if that weird state I was in is what dying is like. I was feeling like I was being pulled out of my body, a pretty scary/aggitating sensation. I had a bit of a revelation, that I need to be there for my family and I decided that I will take steps to improve my relationship with my family then I got showered with euphoria. It was a pretty therapeutic experience. Impossible to describe properly. It wasn't that otherworldly an experience, and at the same time it was profoundly otherworldly, I don't know how to describe it. I wasn't surprised at all by the effects, they seemed very familiar to me even though that was the first time I'd ever done a high dose of DXM. Memories and feelings of being on shrooms came back to me.

I feel very euphoric now as I'm coming back to normal headspace but that experience was no joke, it had me by the balls. I was kind of expecting that to happen after reading about other peoples experiences. DXM is a substance to be respected. I feel like it is connected to iboga somehow.

DXM is a serious psychoactive, thats for sure. I did around 780mg today and it was pretty overwhelming. I think I hit 3rd plateau because the euphoria was gone altogether (its back now), to be honest it was scary. I had this feeling like something huge was about to happen and that was making my heart race like mad, I calmed myself down by assuring myself that its okay if I die, my family will get over it and I was wondering if that weird state I was in is what dying is like. I was feeling like I was being pulled out of my body, a pretty scary/aggitating sensation. I had a bit of a revelation, that I need to be there for my family and I decided that I will take steps to improve my relationship with my family then I got showered with euphoria. It was a pretty therapeutic experience. Impossible to describe properly. It wasn't that otherworldly an experience, and at the same time it was profoundly otherworldly, I don't know how to describe it. I wasn't surprised at all by the effects, they seemed very familiar to me even though that was the first time I'd ever done a high dose of DXM. Memories and feelings of being on shrooms came back to me.

I feel very euphoric now as I'm coming back to normal headspace but that experience was no joke, it had me by the balls. I was kind of expecting that to happen after reading about other peoples experiences. DXM is a substance to be respected. I feel like it is connected to iboga somehow.

That is exactly what i look for in a DXM trip. ANything less and there I am a few days later... on DXM again..

after reading CrimpJigglers last post i want to note that .. in my experience .. unlike shrooms for example .. if any instance of the dxm trip could be described as a "bad trip" , the overall trip is always good .. shrooms u could have one tiny thing and its a bad trip .. and i agree it can be therapeutic [dxm]

Very interesting .22 because thats exactly what I experienced. There were some bad trip moments but the overall trip was good. The bad moments scared me because I didn't know how bad they were gonna get or how long they would last but luckily I got out of them. I've had plenty of bad shroom trips but I've never had a 100% bad one. I usually feel good when they're over because I reflect on how I survived them and learned from them. On shrooms, I never thought I was on the verge of death or something massive happening, that was pretty scary.

after reading CrimpJigglers last post i want to note that .. in my experience .. unlike shrooms for example .. if any instance of the dxm trip could be described as a "bad trip" , the overall trip is always good .. [dxm]
I find it impossible to have a bad trip, I mean even with some of the gory imagery that can go on in your head, you just watch it like a spectator to a weird movie or something.
DXM is a serious psychoactive, thats for sure....... I was feeling like I was being pulled out of my body, a pretty scary/aggitating sensation.
You were about to blast off into an OOBE, a 1000mg dose would have had you blasting off into outer space, or spinning, like somesaulting over the ground where you sit.
An OOBE is the pinnicle of a high dose!

Hey guys, I finally have some dxm with no other actives. I got 2 bottles of dayquil pure dxm 1ml=1mg and each bottle has about 350 ml. I have never taken a very serious dose yet. The first time I took 100mg to be safe and felt nothing. Next I took 250mg and felt.mild intoxication. This time, I want to really trip. I havent tripped yet only felt a little high. This would be my first time tripping and about 700mg dxm im hoping to get a third plateau experience. Is this too big of a jump or am I okay. It really sucks taking dxm and then not feeling much and then not have enough for next time lol. Also, what is the best way to drink this without puking my guts out. I have a very strong stomach. I took about 5 grams of guaif on accident once. and didnt feel any nausa and havnt puked since i was 4. (im 17 now). So yeah, just give one tips pleaae? Thanks guys :)

300mg is generally the minimum for enjoyable intoxication, but I say go ahead and jump in at 700mg, you've established that you don't react poorly to it, and that's where it gets magical.

As for nausea, there's a subthread on it, check it out.

I'd say this is too much.
I would not take more than 600mg.
Even better would be if you take something between 400 and 500mg.
I think dxm should be explored step by step.
Because sometimes a little like 60mg can make a huge difference.

500mg is way more intense than 300mg, and 700mg is again way more intense than 500mg

its like the dose-response curve for DXM is exponential rather than linear

your biggest dose so far was 250mg.... thats pretty much a first plateau dose

700mg is probably a third plateau dose, so you'd be skipping the second plateau entirely

you can probably handle 700mg, just be prepared for it to be way more intense than you expected

the first time people do a third plateau dose of DXM they're often really confused at first, and then have a moment of revelation where they're like "oh, so THIS is what it feels like to be on drugs.... whoa."

How much DXm is recommened for an allergy test to find out if im deficient? I was told 60-70mg but have heard other people say 15-20mg.

imo 60-70mg is about right for an allergy/enzyme-deficiency test

Last edited:
Personally, without any research i would say 60-70mg for a test. Unless you have never taken cough medicine before, you probably have already dosed over 20mg

Personally, without any research i would say 60-70mg for a test. Unless you have never taken cough medicine before, you probably have already dosed over 20mg

Alright i think im going to go pick my cough syrup up today for an allergy test.

Would it be safe to use a product that isnt only DXM for a test imight have some nyquil or something at my house already.

hmmm well it would take a triple or quadruple dose of most other medicines to hit 60-70mg of DXM

i think it'd turn out okayish, but you're gonna better off spending a little bit on some robitussin gel caps or something instead i think

hmmm well it would take a triple or quadruple dose of most other medicines to hit 60-70mg of DXM

i think it'd turn out okayish, but you're gonna better off spending a little bit on some robitussin gel caps or something instead i think
Yea i think ill best off getting some then trying to use something other ingredients.

I need something to go off of also. Should i feel anything at all from 60-70mg? I want to know this so i can accuratly determine if im good to go or not. Don't want to feel something i wasnt expecting and think i have a deficiency.

Last edited: