• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [DXM Subthread] DXM Dosage - How much to take?

Depending on the trip you want, anywhere from one whole container (20 pills) for a moderate MDMA-like buzz, or 2 to 2.5 containers (40 to 50 pills) for a nice out-of-this-world trip.

Don't take more than 3 containers or you're likely to just black out. & make sure to split the caps open before you eat them or they may not be absorbed nicely.

DXM dosage

about a month ago i took dxm drinking cough syrup.. I drunk 3/4 of the whole syrup.. So it was about 260 mg
i just felt slight effects of the 1st plateau (described on erowid) but my friend felt quite bad and he was higher than me.. How much dxm should i take the next time? If i drink the whole syrup it would be 350 mg, is that enough?

Everyone is different but 350mg seems like a good second dose. If i were you i would actually try to work my way up to a low third plateau trip which is where the real magic is in my opinion. What i tried when i started dxm was the following - - - 180mg -> 300mg -> 400mg -> 600mg. the 600mg trip was one of the most magical experiances ive ever had. I weigh about 150 and that was perfect for me. DXM reacts differently for some people and it can give some major side effects so be careful. I would also recomend mixing it with cannibus it increases the effects of the dxm and changes it into a more phycadelic experiance they synergise wonderfully.

yeah thanks alot dude. i remember when i took dxm i smoked some pots after drinking it but i think next time i won't so i'll be able to recognize the dxm high

i weigh about 155 lbs and i found that 300 mg was perfect for an intense but manageable first time trip. if you took 260 mg last time you should be fine with 350 mg, but i would not recommend taking anymore than that for your second experience: remember the effects from dxm increase exponentially when you raise the dosage (for example 300 mg is much than twice as effective as 150 mg for myself and most people i have encountered). i would also advise you to be well hydrated and not eat anything 4 hours prior to dosing (an empty stomach will increase the effects quite a bit). personally, i prefer to take dxm without any other substances as ,for me at least, it produces a much more contemplative and purifying experience (i have undergone complete ego deaths on the few occasions i dosed within the 450-550 mg range.) i have found that dxm provides a more beneficial experience when you go into it alone, in meditative state, with the desire to connect with another side of reality. you should also be aware that it can cause heart palpitations/arrhythmia so be mindful if you have a history of heart problems. but it sounds like you should be fine with the 350 mgs just go into it hydrated, with an empty stomach, and a calm clear mind and you should have a good experience.

if you still do not reach 2nd plateau with 350, than you may have a higher tolerance and i would suggest upping the dose 500 mgs the following time. but remember always wait at least 1-2 weeks (preferably 1 month) before dosing again as dxm tolerance builds ridiculously quickly.

Last edited:
I personally quite enjoyed 225mg in bed, music playing, complete blackout. It was a light load and no nausea (although I don't really ever get nauseous) with just as much CEV as other doses I've had. A compromise.

DXM - What dose do you start tripping at?

I want to experience an NMDA antagonist induced psychedelic type trip and decided to start with DXM. I took about 380mg 3 hours ago and I feel really good (bursting with euphoria which is impressive considering I had mild xanax and trazodone withdrawal symptoms) but no trippy effects at all. I'm so calm and relaxed, I lay in one spot for the whole 3 hours, bathing in the euphoria but I'm aiming for a visionary experience. At what dose do the trippy effects start?

38 o iz a great drop to start with .. or it would be heavy [even] for me.. most ive done is six hundred , so so surreal being that i was out in public .. trippy,, not like u see shapes and shit like shrums , but like the experience iz a trip. vision iz a mental thing with dxm , whether itz insight or strate up awareness of aleun concepts. p

Go read up on the "plateau system" used for DXM dosing, generally you will want 600+mg to feel truly dissociative effects.

theres a weight calculator thing online .. 15-20 caps [225-300mg][20 caps a bottle] is def dissociative for most [second plateu] .. u will also have the anti gravity effect with that much .. hes talking about first time = not 600

38 o iz a great drop to start with .. or it would be heavy [even] for me.. most ive done is six hundred , so so surreal being that i was out in public .. trippy,, not like u see shapes and shit like shrums , but like the experience iz a trip. vision iz a mental thing with dxm , whether itz insight or strate up awareness of aleun concepts. p

Its an unusual drug, thats for sure. I study thepharmacology behind psychoactives and I abruptly became fascinated with this class of drugs. Not a great deal is known about glutamate receptors. NMDA antagonists are pretty mysterious, like kappa opioid agonists (i.e. salvinorin a). Then again, psychopharmacology is a pretty mysterious thing. Insane that ingesting a tiny amount of a chemical can profoundly alter your consciousness and permanently change your perspective on reality.

Go read up on the "plateau system" used for DXM dosing, generally you will want 600+mg to feel truly dissociative effects.

Will do. Gonna do around 700mg next time. Are the effects very different from ketamine?

theres a weight calculator thing online .. 15-20 caps [225-300mg][20 caps a bottle] is def dissociative for most [second plateu] .. u will also have the anti gravity effect with that much .. hes talking about first time = not 600

I did a couple of test runs with 100-200mg over the past week or so. Did 380mg about 3 hours ago, I got strong effects but I'm aiming for waking dreams and visions and that kinda thing so I'm gonna go with 700mg next time. I know what you mean about alien concepts. I was thinking about the k hole being like a black hole but for consciousness and that maybe God wants us to save the world by getting the k-hole to consume society. I came up with the idea myself for the fun of it but when I started thinking about it, it started making a whole lot of sense to me like it was no coincidence that I thought of it. I'm still thinking that maybe this is the solution to humanities problems. Force feed every man, woman and child high doses of ketamine and drag the whole of society into the k-hole and let it consume it. Then we start over. It sounds crazy when I put it into words but it makes sense when you visualize it.

do k-holes make u wanna die .. honest question

that universal black hole shit is ineteresting .. but i kinda hope god wants us to make heaven on earth with smiles and children , while the shitty ppl o.d.

I don't know, I've never been to the k-hole. I hear its a nice place lol. I plan on going on holiday there some day. Its socially acceptable to explore the outer world, but not the inner world. Something not right there. We need to get the k-hole to consume society. If society doesn't wanna go to the k-hole, maybe its time the k-hole comes to society. Just throw the shitty people in the k-hole, they'll no longer be shitty people because they'll know the glory of the almighty k-hole. I'm joking but something really needs to be done about mankinds ignorance and unwillingness to explore the inner universe. The anti drug folk try and force us not to explore the inner worlds, maybe we should counter that by forcing them to explore it. By force feeding them psychoactive substances.

EDIT: Why 44?

I weigh 170lbs and personally need at least 500mg to get any trippy effects and 600+ to be satisfied, although ive seen people writing up reports on their trips at dosages between 100-300mg which i find hard to believe but hey everyones different. DXM is ridiculously hard to know how to dose unless you do extensive testing with it, it's very person specific.

I weigh about that too. I read that some people have high levels of the enzyme that metabolise DXM to its active metabolite, DXO and some people have low levels of the enzyme.

For me DXM and ketamine have been fairly different, although the bulk of my upper plateau DXM experiences were a few years ago. For example I've never experienced total ego loss on K like I have DXM, DXM has caused me to seriously forget, even when I actively thought about it, my own name and what species I was. DXM is cool in that even in high doses you can have serious rational inner dialogue about basic shit like that, and just not be able to remember any of the item-idea associations you would typically take for granted.

Ketamine on the other hand has always been more of a sedative for me, something I take to relax and escape etc. Even in high doses with total dream like immersion I will still identify with myself on K though, I'm not sure if that makes much sense. They do have a lot of similarities though, such as visual and auditory "flanging" and the general hard to describe dissociated feeling.

As for the original dosage question, I recommend just drinking an 8 ouncer, thats 700 something mgs, if you don't have a high tolerance to dissociatives that should put you over and costs less than 10 dollars.

Thats what I'd expect an NMDA antagonist to be like (what you described ketamine as), I think the reason DXM has stimulant properties is because it has a less selective binding profile than ketamine. Thats just a guess though. I'm fairly sure I felt a serotonin flood when I was on DXM yesterday, I get a similar effect from iboga.