Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM, Spoiled Milk. (Fxck my life) [Question?]

Suicxde

Greenlighter
Hello friends.
I've just ingested 20 15 mg Robitussin cough capsules, and planning ahead I tried to drink to maybe prevent some nausea. But after about the third gulp, I realize the milk was spoiled.
Will I get super sick during the trip? it was only a few sips, would that actually effect anything?

By the way, this is my first time using any psychedelic, so can I please have some words of wisdom? :p

If you noticed it at the third gulp the milk is most likely only spoiled a bit.
I guess you'll be fine.

Here's the deal with dxm: it is a mood ENHANCER not really a mood lifter. The key to dxm is to remain calm. Iv used dxm a few times, and if you get agitated before your trip, you will be agitated during your trip. When using dxm, whatever happens before it kicks in (and while tripping for that matter) you need to just say "ahh, fuck it. Oh well, no biggie. Whats gonna happen is gonna happen. If you want to talk on Snapchat or something just tell me, The first trip can be scary!

ye, its been a bit, i feel dizzy off 300mg im not sure if anything else is coming, dizzy and itchy. not sick tho.
im talkin to skype w someone and they have no idea. i hope i get more out of the trip than dizzyness, that would be sad.

ive done extensive research on the drug, it was HBr, shoulda hit me hard but all i got was dizzyness, relaxation, but at the same time a sense of speed and strength. also, it felt like things werent all that real and i was just reintroduced to life, but not to such an extent you could call it an out of body experience. im coming down and I feel content and relatively relaxed. should i try 600mgs?

300mg more can make a huge difference.
You could go for 600 but i suggest working your way up and taking maybe 450 or 480 mg next time.

Do not double your dose. I'm going to assume you are approx 75 kgs, so you took approx 4 mg/kg. On your next dose, shoot for 6-6.5 mg/kg. That will keep you in the 2nd plateau, just with stronger effects. If after that you still want more, go to 8-9 mg/kg. That will land you in the 3rd plateau were the effects will become much different, and more like a psychedelic. It's also possible that you are the approx 1/3 that is missing things in your liver to metabolise greater then 100 mg at once, and what you could have experienced could have been mostly placebo.

Zirbeldude2: you're probably right, I'll try 450 the next time and report back. Thanks for the advice!

Jackplays: you're almost exactly right :eek: , and about the liver thing, what would I be missing? I've taken over 2000mgs of acetaminophen at once (on three occasions), but never drank, would the apap effect anything?

No, its something missing from your liver by genetics. Also, for me, the hbr seems to not do much. I don't know why. I could actually be missing the enzymes in my liver for more than 100 mg, but since the polistirix is xr, my body can absorb it. Try the polistirix, there's bottles of delsym cough syrup that doesn't actually taste bad at all, and is 30 mg dxm to 5 mg fluid. Keep in mind that polistirix is about 1/2 as strong as the hbr, for example, I took 540 mg of polistirix, and only got a low 2nd plateau feeling, when that should have been a low 3rd for me.

interesting, i hope that's not the case with me. but interesting, and if the 450 dose doesn't work then i'll go out and get the delsym you mentioned. thanks for the advice man

If 450 doesnt cut it for you I would up the dose the trip after that.

Dont take the extended release.

He is the only one that seems to get better effects from it.

But usually it takes a few hours Til the effects kick in and the trip in itself is much weaker and different because less dxm gets converted to dxo.
And the effects last much longer.

interesting, if 450 isn't enough what should I dose up to? the 600 I suggested before?

Yea, definitely use the xr version as a last resort. I don't know why I get better effects from it, but you sound like you could be the same as me, since when I take hbr all I get is dizziness and nausea

I wish I could catch a trip off of 300mg. I wish i could off of 600mg. I got so far down the dxm rabbit hole that I had to stop. I was dosing at huge numbers until I eventually was having terrible experiences. Go figure.

@jackplays, i didnt even get nausea, i think im just a weirdo, but yeah, definitely as a last resort, you think a bowl or two would make any difference? i read into it and heard it makes it a lot more enjoyable (and intense in some cases)
@alieakova, how often would you say you took it? and did you ever actually achieve a trip? or did increasing the dosage not do much for you?

Thc synergizes very well with dxm.

And make sure you dont take dxm on a full stomach cause that could prevent you from getting full effects.

Thc synergizes very well with dxm.

And make sure you dont take dxm on a full stomach cause that could prevent you from getting full effects.

Yeah, agreed on the thc+dxm synergy. I was at a great concert last night on dextro, but had no weed. And of course I can smell weed all over the place but no one offered a toke or nothin.

Iv never actually had marijuana, I mostly get either otc stuff or things off the internet (thinking about trying 1p-lsd soon)

Yeah, i didn't anything for the entire day prior to taking the DXM. :(
And I'll try smoking next time, and report back what happens. @ I feel you man, I hate when shit like that happens.

@Jackplays, what kind of OTC's have you tried? Anything interesting other than DXM? I'm not too sure where you live, and things that are prescription only here can always be different for you.

And by the way, do you think Kava tea would go well with DXM?

Last edited by a moderator: