• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM Scraps & Redundancies

kay so i bought a bottle of 145 ml bottle delsym cough syrup

it says on the bottle each 5 ml teaspoon contains equivalent to 30 milligrams of dxm hydrobromide ive calculated it and it is 870 milligrams in total.

my problem is the wording. Does what it say mean that it is exactly 870 milligrams of dxm polisterex in total, or is it an amount of dxm polisterex equilelent to taking 870 milligrams of dxm hydrombromide in total

ive heard that dxm polisterex is less potent than the hydrobromide form is it considerably less potent or slightly less potent. would i achieve a third or high second plateau dose with this amount of dxm polisterex or should i buy some more cough syrup.

has anyone actually tried dxm polisterex, if so how does it measure up to dxm hydrobromide. what should i expect. im also aware that i am in for a 12 hour trip by taking this and that it kicks in slower.

I've done it and it sucks because it's TIME RELEASED.Just stick with the hydrobromide if you want a real trip.

in a pinch max strenght robo cough (not cough and cold) works. and by works i mean puts you in a strange place were you can't feel a fucking thing and communication with other people is impossible almost

DXM is the best music drug ever. I think right now this will be my last dose. I cant swallow robogels anymore and I need 50 to have fun :(

i effing love DXM its the shit man...smoke some bud with it, take about 600 mg of dxm and youll be in HEAVEN...guareenteed. I LOVE dxm cause u can use it to figure urself out (dont ask if u dont no what im talking bout), or for a fucking awsome mind fuck! its fun stuff...but carefull, dont do too much on ur first time or ull have an uber bad trip! have fun!

Panic Station said:
DXM is the best music drug ever. I think right now this will be my last dose. I cant swallow robogels anymore and I need 50 to have fun :(

lemon drops my friend ;) 4 and you'll be gone

http://www.totse.com/en/drugs/otc/dxmextra.html

This extraction looks almost too easy, given that its from totse and I have no knowledge of chemistry do you think it will work? or more to the point has anyone tried it?

I don't like this line "Stir in your NaOH (1/4 teaspoon or 2 mg)." - 2mg is seriously a quarter teaspoon?

I saw a picture of Robogel capsules in Erowid. Are these capsules available OTC in the USA?

i only have positive things to say about robotripping. i took 600mg one time and felt like i was a fucking astronaut. it was so coll, and the visuals are crazy.

so what would everybody suggest is the best method for downing a 4oz bottle with the most ease? I don't think the taste is that bad. Also, what kind of precautions can one take against health problems? Eating crackers beforehand to lessen the shock on the kidney's doesn't seem like enough to prevent damage.

If you're going to do DXM you should get Zicam Nites. Pour it all in a shot glass and have pop to chase it. So much easier and way more DXM than a 4 oz of Robitussin. Hits you a lot faster too.

uhhh... I don't want to do more than 4oz of Robo. 4oz for me would probably be a mid-high level 2nd plateau. I've gone farther with Salvia, but I dont feel confident in my ability to control myself on DXM.

They have Zicams that come in 300 mgs and 600 mgs. Take the day time formula which has 300 mgs. Still alot easier than chugging a whole bottle. Just saying.

Extracting the cough syrup into freebase isn't hard, then little to no nausea which helps the experience a lot. Although for one bottle it isn't really worth the effort, instead of slamming the bottle all at once just spread it into shots and drink it over an hour that way your body will only have to deal with a reasonable amount at a time.

DXM is a long lasting drug, there will be little difference between taking it all it once vs. over an hour.

rogan said:
Extracting the cough syrup into freebase isn't hard, then little to no nausea which helps the experience a lot. Although for one bottle it isn't really worth the effort, instead of slamming the bottle all at once just spread it into shots and drink it over an hour that way your body will only have to deal with a reasonable amount at a time.

DXM is a long lasting drug, there will be little difference between taking it all it once vs. over an hour.
ok, maybe I'll drink 1/3 of the bottle every 20 minutes or something like that.

Xorkoth said:
You can always and easily get more DXM... best to go into this as safely as possible.

Yeah I guess thats the best way to go about it safely. I do have a low tolerance (I guess you could call it that. I break though every time I smoke Salvia, and even tripped a bit off only 1.5 grams psiloybin) for psychedelics.

I am looking for an intense experience. But, I don't do psychedelics simply to "get fucked up". I experiment to gain Enlightenment. I usually meditate a bit, and try to make a spiritual experience out of it. Lately I've been trying to meditate into the Astral Plane, which hasn't worked so far. Perhaps DXM will aid me in returning to the place Salvia took me...

Oh, I wasn't suggesting that you take psychedelics just to get fucked up. I just meant that if you're looking for an intense experience, then after the test dose, you may want to try for closer to 400mg than 250 or 300. If it were me I'd still take 250 or 300 for my first full dose, just to get accustomed to the feeling and check your personal tolerance to DXM.

Oh yeah, I wasn't insinuating that I thought you though that I thought that you thought that I was doing it to get fucked up. =D

I was thinking I'd have to test dose one day with like... 100mg to see if there were any nasty side effects and then fully dose a week later or something. But, it sound like I could just test dose and down another ~300mg shortly (an hour or so) later??