• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM Scraps & Redundancies

damn, thats one hell of an expierence.
the only way to prevent puking for me is to not move my head a lot. and not having anything to throw up in my stomach.
ive only had mild robo itch, but ive never been as high as 600mg.
i have yet to break through to the psychedelic side of DXM, and i really want to.

hyperborea13 said:
Anyway, i plan to wait a few weeks then try 600 all at once again and smoke some weed to calm my stomach and relax. I want to enter that 'dextroverse' that i entered that one time again, and see if i can kind of sort it out.
When you smoke weed on dxm, your trip will be kicked up a big notch. The weed makes the DXM much more powerful. If 600mg of DXM was just enough for you to handle, I would not suggest smoking with that same amount. Start with a low dose of DXM and weed, and ramp up from there.

mew151, the "break through to the psychedelic side of DXM" that you speak of is is the break between the two lower plataus and the two upper plataus(sp). If you want a sure shot at the psychedelic side of DXM, go to the dose calculator on dextroverse and aim for an upper third platau dose.

trypt, thanks for the info. Instead of smoking weed with a very high third platau dose (which 600 is for me) i will smoke weed with a very low third platau dose.

yes, i know of the plateaus. i am just slowly working my way up in dosage. my last trip was at about 450mg. i think i might shoot for 600-700mg next time.

so far, the first plateau is my favorite :)

I went to a bluegrass festival (huge drug-fest) and was talking with people about what drugs I've done. I was seriously laughed at for mentioning that i've done robo, or DXM.

They started to ask me if I was still in jr. high and shit, laughing and talking about how nasty it was, and how shitty the "trip" is. I just sat there, smiling inside because I've been over the 4th plateau before and KNOW the true power and intensity that DXM can bring.

Those kids were thinking that X and acid were "real drugs" that actually make you trip...I had to just back away from the subject because it was like 8 to one on this one...I hate snobby drug users that diss on someone's substance. It's one thing to say that it's not a good drug for them...but hey--what I get from DXM is probably what they get from other substances...!

i was considering making a new thread(not a new mega dxm thread), Considering this question is not about dxm really its more about a brand, but i also realized someone can give me a simple answer to this simple question and we can go on our way and forget about it, i don't want to ruin this megathread but i don't want to start a new thread about something that really only requires a simple answer from someone that knows, sorry i am dexxing at the moment, (40z Robo max str.) forgive me if i am not being very coherent

motive for question: zicam. a cough SPRAY, this seems like the best way to do it since you can just spray instead of the other options, however, i noticed that there is 30 doses and one dose is a mere 3.3 mg, simple math reveals that there is only a total of dxm in this brand that can generate a 1st plateau( if that), 30*3.3 is roughly 100mg,
a confound to the validity of this question is the possibility that :1) I read the box wrong, 2) that blue-footed booby is lucky to get pretty gakked out from only roughly 100mg dxm hbr, or blue-footed booby just prefers a 1st plateau experience,
obviously this question is primarily for you blue-footed booby who recommended zicam, so i ask you booby or anyone else that has used this particular brand, Does zicam have more than 100mg or not? if it doesn't then blue-footed booby must like to waste money since zicam costs like 7 dollars compared to a 4 0z bottle of robo max str. for like 5 bucks, by the way as far as right now it seems a lot more logical to go with the cough syrup since it is cheaper and has more dxm
i guess the least i can do to help keep this thread going is to say that i love dxm personally and to stop typing so that i can get my answer and go on my way :)
long live the dxm mega thread!!!!!!!!!!
oh yeah oh yeah, i am not trying to flame you booby, honestly i would rather just spray the shit down my throat rather than drinking repulsive syrup, i want zicam to be the answer, but if it really only has just 100mg then i am going to stick with pure robo syrup

Last edited:
im not sure which prep of zicam you are looking at but zicam night contains 540 mg per bottle.. any of the others arent worth it unless you really dont want the alcohol in it and you have loads of cash to spend..

DXM IS FUCKING SWEET!!!!!! i managed to down a whole 4 oz bottle o' robo without puking, and with no nausea whatsoever, it felt more like i just ate a huge meal, the answer to nausea is diphenhydramine, just chase like 3 tablets (75 mg) with robo and then ofcourse chase that with a soda, tea, whathaveyou, i also smoked a pinchy about an hour prior to the ingestion which probably helped the nausea a little too, then smoke another pinchy or two after about 2 hrs or so and you are on cloud 9 for like 7 fucking hrs, smoking a pinchy occasionally is the key to maintaining the peak,
dxm is wonderful however, it is powerful like mdma or lsd so keep it on the downlow, i only do it once a month max with a high 2nd plateau dose, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!!!!!!!

i know its not wise to mix dxm with alko but u rekn if i mixed my syrup with beer it wud kick in quicker (we do this with base)

awatkins said:
i was considering making a new thread(not a new mega dxm thread), Considering this question is not about dxm really its more about a brand, but i also realized someone can give me a simple answer to this simple question and we can go on our way and forget about it, i don't want to ruin this megathread but i don't want to start a new thread about something that really only requires a simple answer from someone that knows, sorry i am dexxing at the moment, (40z Robo max str.) forgive me if i am not being very coherent

motive for question: zicam. a cough SPRAY, this seems like the best way to do it since you can just spray instead of the other options, however, i noticed that there is 30 doses and one dose is a mere 3.3 mg, simple math reveals that there is only a total of dxm in this brand that can generate a 1st plateau( if that), 30*3.3 is roughly 100mg,
a confound to the validity of this question is the possibility that :1) I read the box wrong, 2) that blue-footed booby is lucky to get pretty gakked out from only roughly 100mg dxm hbr, or blue-footed booby just prefers a 1st plateau experience,
obviously this question is primarily for you blue-footed booby who recommended zicam, so i ask you booby or anyone else that has used this particular brand, Does zicam have more than 100mg or not? if it doesn't then blue-footed booby must like to waste money since zicam costs like 7 dollars compared to a 4 0z bottle of robo max str. for like 5 bucks, by the way as far as right now it seems a lot more logical to go with the cough syrup since it is cheaper and has more dxm
i guess the least i can do to help keep this thread going is to say that i love dxm personally and to stop typing so that i can get my answer and go on my way :)
long live the dxm mega thread!!!!!!!!!!
oh yeah oh yeah, i am not trying to flame you booby, honestly i would rather just spray the shit down my throat rather than drinking repulsive syrup, i want zicam to be the answer, but if it really only has just 100mg then i am going to stick with pure robo syrup

sorry it took me a while to reply, incase you haven't found answers yet on this subject. There actually is a good amount of info on Zicam off on the net so you can read other's exp's w/ it. Anyway i'll just put here what I wrote in the DXM questions thread...

"Zicam is like a cocktail of concentrated DXM, substances that aid in absorption of the DXM, and Lechitin (a nootropic that can help prevent memory loss and improve cognitive action while on DXM).

The thing about Zicam that is different than Robitussin, is that it kicks in VERY fast, in about 15 minutes. And it hits you hard." After dex in the powder form, this is my next choice. It feels much cleaner than the Robitussin high. Just one shotglass of (foul) liquid and you're done. 1 bottle of Zicam Day Cough = 300mg DXM, 1 bottle of Zicam Nite Cough = 540mg DXM. They are both the same price (thus Zicam Nite is a better deal).

There also is a way to measure out your doses accurately. For example, if you wanted to take a 200mg dose of DXM, you could get a bottle of Zicam Day Cough Mist (3.3mg DXM per spray) and spray it 60 times into a cup. There's your 200mg. You also could spray out 30 sprays, and then chug the remaining 60 (for those who don't want to push the spray button 60 times).

My bf and I have both used Zicam many times, ask/read anyone else's exp's who's used it, all pretty similar. An intense bargain :)

I'm not a math wizard or anything, but it definitley works out. Also, 100gr to get off? heh heh i just posted my 1.5gr dex experience in Trip Reports ;) cheers to dex!

Also, here is a nice DXM resource

Placement said:
That person actually did 6000 mg of *DMX*, a popular rap artists.

Honestly, I shit you not, I've done 2700 mg...yes, that's 2.7 grams. I adore DXM ; I think it is God's gift to humanity. I would prostitute my wife on the streets for a bottle of Tussin. Maybe I just have a stomach of steel, but I can guzzle down the sweet nectar like alcoholics drink beer.

But for the record, powder does little to nothing for me. Syrup REALLY gets me going...the taste alone makes my penis hard. I actually drink it instead of water when I'm thirsty. It tastes great with crabs...or spaghetti...or sauerkraut. I saw a great recipe online for "Tussin Hot Dogs", where you strain the juice out of the kraut, replace it with Tussin and put it on a hot dog. It's surprisingly good. Try injecting it into oranges with a food injector. My personal favorite is called a "DXM Shit Shake". Pour 8 oz. into a blender & shit in it...shit good long and hard. Drink it down whilst watching "Salo and the 120 Days of Sodom"...mmm mmm good.
that was insanely funny

Last edited:
Lets see... Where to begin.

I really think DXM is worth doing at least once.

My first time was with my best friend... We were out looking for something to do and this person we known for a while suggested we do cough syrup.. we look at them funny and say 'why the hell not'. This is before we did any real research on the drug. We down a bottle each and go about our business (driving around town) and probably like 45 minutes later i tell him to pull over and I puked my ass off, lol. but afterwards, I look to him and tell him 'wtf, do you feel funny to?' We just grinned and went to get another bottle, lol.

My second time was kinda crazy. We literally did 2 bottles one night, sleep, then get up and go walk around while doing another 2 bottles, then finally on the third night we did 4 bottles until we fucked up and tried to go through a drive through with halloween blood and paint on ourselves while tripping (it was almost halloween). Suffice to say, they called the cops and we were scared to shit and of course I puked on the cops shoe, lol.

I didn't do it for a while after that point, but then listening to some familiar music made me want to try it again. I do a bottle a piece with a friend that i recently met (now is my sisters fiance) and he kept telling me he was trippin out lol..was funny. He enjoyed it, but said he would never try it again that he thought it was too crazy. And he has done LSD and Shrooms quite a bit before-hand. That trip wasn't that great because I only had 1 bottle, but was interesting nonetheless.

My best friend (one who I did it with the first time) comes down to visit and we procede to get a few bottles and go out to Daytona Beach with him and his girl. We tripped all night until morning time while we walked on the beach and streets of A1-A. Very fun night and the comedown was soothing as the sun rose over the sea.

Another time, I did it by myself in my room (boredom) and it was alright but not like the experiences before. I think environment helps alot in any kind of trip, honestly.

And finally, last night I tripped off drinking a 8 oz bottle of MS. The usually nausia/vomitting then everything was better and continued on. It was slowly coming on afterwards and I decided I should try to drink the other 8 oz bottle that I had purchased..but I couldn't! I couldn't bring myself to drinking it and when i tried to start chugging I immediately stopped and puked up the little bit I had swallowed. After that I knew I couldn't do anymore that night, so I enjoyed the trip while it was still going and basically walked around my house for a good hour or so enjoying the feeling. No visuals, but the audio was intense at times. Everytime I walked away from my door, this strange noise would get louder and sometimes I would start runnin away from my door thinking something was creeping up right behind me and then it would stop as I turned around. Needless to say, I was pretty nervous of my door. I slowly came down and went to bed as I listened to music (Velvet Acid Christ). I woke up and still felt the affects of the DXM as I always do.

I plan on doing my 8 oz bottle that I couldn't bare to do last night, tonight.

dxm suks! simply put. a bunch of high school kiddies drinking grandma's caugh syrup.

blab said:
dxm suks! simply put. a bunch of high school kiddies drinking grandma's caugh syrup.

Only if you are in highschool, and you grandma is the only person your family trusts to own a bottle of cough syrup ;)

just wondering what brands of cough syrup are available in west australia that are good for this?

subdefy said:
Alright I just tried out my regime that I suggested and it works fantastic.

Here is what I did and ended up with no nausea until then end and it was very little not enough to puke:
50mg of diphenhydramine 45 minutes before taking the gelcaps
6 gelcaps of Rite Aid Tussin Brand Gelcaps [15mg of DXM each]

I dosed 2 gelcaps every 20 minutes until the last one. Then I waited until 40 minutes and dosed a 250mg cap of DXM every time the hour was at :40. I ended up taking a total of 6 gelcaps and 2 250mg powder caps.

About 4 hours prior to dosing I had eating a helping of potatoes with green onions and I had no problems keeping it down.

No diarrhea or GI problems and surprisingly for me only an extra amount of sweat during the gelcaps and I usually sweat alot on DXM. If anyone wants to give this a run I would be interested in seeing their experiences :)

Hope this was of some help.

Normally when I dose Gels, I unscrew the bottle and then eat half the pills with one gulp of water and the other half with a second gulp of water. I don't feel sick at all either. I can't say that I've had excessive sweating on DXM, unless it was a hot day outside. And in my experience diarrhea only occurs after consecutive daily abuse of Cough gels, wether they be Robitussin or an off shot brand name.

That's why if you do DXM daily, its important to switch your product every day, or every other day.

overall i would say that dxm is the shit.
i have done it 4 or 5 times now starting at a 360 mg dose
then a 450 and just lately a whopping 1300 mg dose that put me in the fourth plateau and maybe sigma being that i am only 115 lbs. it was amazing and each time i have woken up feeling reborn and better than ever. i don't drink the cough syrup because i can't down it, now i simply do the polistirex extraction method with usually a 5 oz and 3 oz bottle of delsym. the high lasts foREVER so you can't really do anything but listening to music is unreal. i like the drug :D

kay so i bought a bottle of 145 ml bottle delsym cough syrup

it says on the bottle each 5 ml teaspoon contains equivalent to 30 milligrams of dxm hydrobromide ive calculated it and it is 870 milligrams in total.

my problem is the wording. Does what it say mean that it is exactly 870 milligrams of dxm polisterex in total, or is it an amount of dxm polisterex equilelent to taking 870 milligrams of dxm hydrombromide in total

ive heard that dxm polisterex is less potent than the hydrobromide form is it considerably less potent or slightly less potent. would i achieve a third or high second plateau dose with this amount of dxm polisterex or should i buy some more cough syrup.

has anyone actually tried dxm polisterex, if so how does it measure up to dxm hydrobromide. what should i expect. im also aware that i am in for a 12 hour trip by taking this and that it kicks in slower.

any input would be appreciated

thanks