• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids DXM alternatives?

Go try some Lactuca virosa sometime, it’s best to use when there’s been a long drought. Find plants that are grouped together as well. Take a leaf and roll it up spiking side in, chew it lightly then hold in your mouth spitting out the saliva. Switch out for a new leaf every 10min until you feel good, I usually only need 1-2 if it’s quality.

Salvia Nemorosa and Russian Sage also work in this way.

-GC

Yeah, i have my next apointment in like 2 weeks. Imma try to get my anti-depressant switched, cause as you can prolly tell the lexapro they have me on isnt doing shit.

Ill try the things you listed though, I appreciate the insight.
There is tianeptine but I would suggest to just steal clear of everything

There is tianeptine but I would suggest to just steal clear of everything

Tianeptine is a full-agonistic opioid, you don't want to use more than the prescribed dosages. Then it is said to work fine, just for me it never did.

@G_Chem Interesting, latuca virosa is another one of these herbs I thought they were probably too weak to be good ..

Sorry about my Englis
Kid, i just made an account to tel you NEVER, NEVER, NEVER mix dxm with any kind of SSRI!!!.
I can not find it now but I very well remember the case of a boy, here on bl, who did mix dxm (600mgs, iirc) effexor and other shit .
He died. A kid, just in higschool like you are.
Dont remember his username, but his name was Tyler. Maybe you can Utfse R.I.P Tyler or something. Very, very sad story

Sorry about my Englis
Kid, i just made an account to tel you NEVER, NEVER, NEVER mix dxm with any kind of SSRI!!!.
I can not find it now but I very well remember the case of a boy, here on bl, who did mix dxm (600mgs, iirc) effexor and other shit .
He died. A kid, just in higschool like you are.
Dont remember his username, but his name was Tyler. Maybe you can Utfse R.I.P Tyler or something. Very, very sad story

I meant English, not Englis, but i said sorry about it, didnt I?
I did a robust dose of DXM together with my first 20mg pill of paroxetine, ignorant about the possible side effects back then, and it fried something, was the last time I had colorful visuals on any drug including psychedelics. Can't say if and what symptoms it makes me in sober life, would be obvious to see effects in dreams but these aren't any different. Besides that I did regular small amounts of DXM with venlafaxine. Can't say I am but I should be thankful to be still alife. Serotonin syndrome is rare but happens, possibly specially in young people. Don't combine serotonergics when one's not alreadu experienced with.

In fact, you are not 100% safe mixing a high dosage of tramadol with a SSRi. I has a bad reaction using vortioxetine(10mg)and tapentado (100mgs ER)l once.
Think you should talke a read about all the serotonine symdrome thing

I did a robust dose of DXM together with my first 20mg pill of paroxetine, ignorant about the possible side effects back then, and it fried something, was the last time I had colorful visuals on any drug including psychedelics. Can't say if and what symptoms it makes me in sober life, would be obvious to see effects in dreams but these aren't any different. Besides that I did regular small amounts of DXM with venlafaxine. Can't say I am but I should be thankful to be still alife. Serotonin syndrome is rare but happens, possibly specially in young people. Don't combine serotonergics when one's not alreadu experienced with.
I sure feel you

In fact, you are not 100% safe mixing a high dosage of tramadol with a SSRi. I has a bad reaction using vortioxetine(10mg)and tapentado (100mgs ER)l once.
Think you should talke a read about all the serotonine symdrome thing
According to literature isnt tapentadol serotonergic but like its cousin O-desmethyl tramadol a mu agonist and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor so shouldnt lead to serotonin syndrome.. Of course this doesnt mean this combination is harmless but unlikely to be serotonin symdrome.

That said, SS is an odd reaction which is often warned about and rarely happens but when then with the ability to kill. People are more informed about than some years ago, eg pharmacies (in some countries) begin to ask about antidepressant use when sellimg DXM..

According to literature isnt tapentadol serotonergic but like its cousin O-desmethyl tramadol a mu agonist and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor so shouldnt lead to serotonin syndrome.. Of course this doesnt mean this combination is harmless but unlikely to be serotonin symdrome.

That said, SS is an odd reaction which is often warned about and rarely happens but when then with the ability to kill. People are more informed about than some years ago, eg pharmacies (in some countries) begin to ask about antidepressant use when sellimg DXM..
Dont know mate, to be honest. All I can say is that I had that bad, bad reaction where my body temperarure went suddenly high and my muscles felt absolutely rigid. My vision was blurry, then doubled, not in a drunk kind of fashion but in a really evil way.
Scary shit

Go try some Lactuca virosa sometime, it’s best to use when there’s been a long drought. Find plants that are grouped together as well. Take a leaf and roll it up spiking side in, chew it lightly then hold in your mouth spitting out the saliva. Switch out for a new leaf every 10min until you feel good, I usually only need 1-2 if it’s quality.

Salvia Nemorosa and Russian Sage also work in this way.

-GC
Lactuca Virosa or opium Lettuce is it really that effective?
I bet it grows wild native too. Isn't there a way to make Lettuce opium from it, like a raisin.

Got me curious, can you describe the effects.

If you're anything like me, or probably most of the people in this thread, then you're gonna do what you're gonna do and we ain't gonna be able to stop you.

What I can say with certainty is that drug misuse is a temporary fix to a long term problem and that temporary fix will make it worse. Do with that information what you will. I'm not gonna lecture you, that's not what you need when you feel shitty.

After a few decades on this hell planet, living with depression that started before the age of 10 what makes me feel actually better is taking care of myself. Routine, eating properly, sleeping properly, going outside, picking up projects, being honest in therapy, putting up with the crap of trying new medications when the old ones stop working. When it comes to meds, they will only work if the other things are present.

I've been abusing substances on and off since I was a little younger than you are now. I don't regret starting, I do regret starting so young, and I regret which substances I and my friends chose. Weed and alcohol completely fucked my brain. Opioids never gave me anything constructive. DXM fucked a friend of mine. Ketamine has consumed another friend.

These days I try to look after myself and I'm working on reducing the amount of things I take to just psychedelics occasionally. It's hard and it takes work. Had I had access to help when I was younger and waited a little longer to try out different substances then I do wonder if things would have been different, easier somehow.

I hope you find what works for you and I hope that you feel better. Depression fucking sucks man. Please try your best to be kind to yourself and look after yourself even when you don't feel like you deserve it. Even if it's just washing your face or brushing your teeth. You deserve to show yourself respect.

If you're anything like me, or probably most of the people in this thread, then you're gonna do what you're gonna do and we ain't gonna be able to stop you.

What I can say with certainty is that drug misuse is a temporary fix to a long term problem and that temporary fix will make it worse. Do with that information what you will. I'm not gonna lecture you, that's not what you need when you feel shitty.

After a few decades on this hell planet, living with depression that started before the age of 10 what makes me feel actually better is taking care of myself. Routine, eating properly, sleeping properly, going outside, picking up projects, being honest in therapy, putting up with the crap of trying new medications when the old ones stop working. When it comes to meds, they will only work if the other things are present.

I've been abusing substances on and off since I was a little younger than you are now. I don't regret starting, I do regret starting so young, and I regret which substances I and my friends chose. Weed and alcohol completely fucked my brain. Opioids never gave me anything constructive. DXM fucked a friend of mine. Ketamine has consumed another friend.

These days I try to look after myself and I'm working on reducing the amount of things I take to just psychedelics occasionally. It's hard and it takes work. Had I had access to help when I was younger and waited a little longer to try out different substances then I do wonder if things would have been different, easier somehow.

I hope you find what works for you and I hope that you feel better. Depression fucking sucks man. Please try your best to be kind to yourself and look after yourself even when you don't feel like you deserve it. Even if it's just washing your face or brushing your teeth. You deserve to show yourself respect.
Thank you.

A lot of people have already mentioned it but I would try to find some good kava. It won't fuck you up or give you an intense drug experience but it is perfect for anxiety and great for depression or a mood boost. It's all natural, totally legal, not physically addicting, kills anxiety and gives a slight alcohol type buzz without being too intoxicating. It's perfect for just taking the edge off of life when it can seem too intense or too much to handle.

It's easily ordered online, maybe some health food stores sell it or now they even have kava bars. You can buy cheap extracts at Walmart or vitamin shop but it's not the same as good, fresh, noble, whole root kava. Some people have some success via this route but I suggest doing a little research first. Lots of good kava forum(kava forums.com) information on the net.

Good luck my friend. I hope you feel better. Try to workout what makes you feel this way. It's best to work on the root source of your problem but in the meantime just try to minimize any damage to yourself and your mental health. You only get one life, one body and one mind and you'll need all of these things functioning properly for the rest of your life. Take care my friend. We're here if you need us....✌️❤️☮️

P.S. Love your avatar.

Last edited:

This is golden advice for your situation and sums up pretty much everything I would have wanted to say to you.

P.S. Be very careful with tramadol. It is an opioid with antidepressant effects and carries some fairly heavy withdrawal symptoms with it and at your age and current situation the last thing you need is a physical addiction.

Last edited:
A lot of people have already mentioned it but I would try to find some good kava. It won't fuck you up or give you an intense drug experience but it is perfect for anxiety and great for depression or a mood boost. It's all natural, totally legal, not physically addicting, kills anxiety and gives a slight alcohol type buzz without being too intoxicating. It's perfect for just taking the edge off of life when it can seem too intense or too much to handle.

It's easily ordered online, maybe some health food stores sell it or now they even have kava bars. You can buy cheap extracts at Walmart or vitamin shop but it's not the same as good, fresh, noble, whole root kava. Some people have some success via this route but I suggest doing a little research first. Lots of good kava forum(kava forums.com) information on the net.

Good luck my friend. I hope you feel better. Try to workout what makes you feel this way. It's best to work on the root source of your problem but in the meantime just try to minimize any damage to yourself and your mental health. You only get one life, one body and one mind and you'll need all of these things functioning properly for the rest of your life. Take care my friend. We're here if you need us....✌️❤️☮️

P.S. Love your avatar.
Thanks