• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids DXM alternatives?

Noahhatesme

Bluelighter
I did a really stupid thing. I was using tramadol... as one does, and now im completely skrewed. For background im still in highschool. I attempted to unal!ve and now my mom keeps everything locked in a box that i dont know the code to. I was lucky for awhile because one of my good friends is a dealer. I wasnt able to get tram but i did get my hands on DXM. Long story short shit got messy and they are no longer selling, so i was chugging cough syrup to be able to still get high. Only problem is im officially out of cough syrup and my dad will notice if i tap into the shit in the med cabnet. The walgreens by me wont sell anything containing dxm to minors. Tf do i do? Im fucking desperate, and the sewer slide thoughts are coming back.

Even if u guys arnt willing to straight up tell me what i can take/ if there are no better options, if you can at least give me tips on how to manage the wanting to jump of a very tall building, it would be much appreciated.

Its like i cant feel happy anymore unless im off my ass. (And this has caused my grades to drop because i cant find motivation to do anything.)

If you're asking about legal highs in the US there are no good alternatives if you're trying to be high 24/7. Maybe get some kava or kratom, but those are pretty much 18+ too

Can you just get some weed?

Also frequent DXM use is dangerous. I know several people who have permanent brain damage from using it too much when they were younger, seriously. I was almost one of them

You should reach out for help from a psychiatrist or therapist if you really can't handle sober life at that age. I started drugs very young and it fucked up my life.

If you're asking about legal highs in the US there are no good alternatives if you're trying to be high 24/7. Maybe get some kava.

Can you just get some weed?

Also frequent DXM use is dangerous. I know several people who have permanent brain damage from using it too much when they were younger, seriously.
Weed makes me tweak tf out for some reason. 🤷

And yeah, i know its really bad for me. As i said, it was stupid for me to start in the first place. Thx though.

Weed makes me tweak tf out for some reason. 🤷

And yeah, i know its really bad for me. As i said, it was stupid for me to start in the first place. Thx though.
Other than kratom and kava all the other legal highs are bad news man, not shit you want to do.

Have you ever been to psychiatrist?

Other than kratom and kava all the other legal highs are bad news man, not shit you want to do.

Yeah, i have my next apointment in like 2 weeks. Imma try to get my anti-depressant switched, cause as you can prolly tell the lexapro they have me on isnt doing shit.

Ill try the things you listed though, I appreciate the insight.

Yeah, i have my next apointment in like 2 weeks. Imma try to get my anti-depressant switched, cause as you can prolly tell the lexapro they have me on isnt doing shit.

Ill try the things you listed though, I appreciate the insight.
Hey just FYI man DO NOT trip on DXM if you are on SSRI medication!! Incredibly dangerous bro. Can easily lead to serotonin syndrome and other immediate damage, psychosis, even death. Very dangerous combo.

For the record there are several drugs to avoid on SSRI. Gotta watch out for that.

Hey just FYI man DO NOT trip on DXM if you are on SSRI medication!! Incredibly dangerous bro. Can easily lead to serotonin syndrome and other immediate damage

For the record there are several drugs to avoid on SSRI. Gotta watch out for that.
Good to know... *internaly screams*

There are plenty of RC drugs easily available in the lines of the ones you want. HOWEVER seeing you have addictive personality and poly-drug use, easy access to drugs will definitely fuck your life up even more. If you think you have it bad now, you don't comprehend how much worse can it get.

There are plenty of RC drugs easily available in the lines of the ones you want. HOWEVER seeing you have addictive personality and poly-drug use, easy access to drugs will definitely fuck your life up even more. If you think you have it bad now, you don't comprehend how much worse can it get.
Fair point.

I did a really stupid thing. I was using tramadol... as one does, and now im completely skrewed. For background im still in highschool. I attempted to unal!ve and now my mom keeps everything locked in a box that i dont know the code to. I was lucky for awhile because one of my good friends is a dealer. I wasnt able to get tram but i did get my hands on DXM. Long story short shit got messy and they are no longer selling, so i was chugging cough syrup to be able to still get high. Only problem is im officially out of cough syrup and my dad will notice if i tap into the shit in the med cabnet. The walgreens by me wont sell anything containing dxm to minors. Tf do i do? Im fucking desperate, and the sewer slide thoughts are coming back.

Even if u guys arnt willing to straight up tell me what i can take/ if there are no better options, if you can at least give me tips on how to manage the wanting to jump of a very tall building, it would be much appreciated.

Its like i cant feel happy anymore unless im off my ass. (And this has caused my grades to drop because i cant find motivation to do anything.)
I see myself in you as i do in a lot of people on here. Ive attempted suicide a lot in my life. I am 18 and supposed to be in 12th grade. Dropped out at 16 got my ged and went to college at 17. Still in college.

I know you are probably think im bullshitting you when i say "life gets better" but it really does if you allow it to. I started taking my mental health meds every day. I stopped doing all drugs including dxm and cigarettes and alcohol.

You gotta ask yourself, why do you want to kill yourself? For me it was because of my home life and i was also under the impression life is shitty. Its not. Its all about your mindset. You gotta ask yourself, "how do i get the right mindset". It could be a change in environment, entering a placement, taking new or higher doses of medications, quitting drugs, being honest, talking out your feelings. For me i had to do all of those.

Dm me if youd like.

I see myself in you as i do in a lot of people on here. Ive attempted suicide a lot in my life. I am 18 and supposed to be in 12th grade. Dropped out at 16 got my ged and went to college at 17. Still in college.

I know you are probably think im bullshitting you when i say "life gets better" but it really does if you allow it to. I started taking my mental health meds every day. I stopped doing all drugs including dxm and cigarettes and alcohol.

You gotta ask yourself, why do you want to kill yourself? For me it was because of my home life and i was also under the impression life is shitty. Its not. Its all about your mindset. You gotta ask yourself, "how do i get the right mindset". It could be a change in environment, entering a placement, taking new or higher doses of medications, quitting drugs, being honest, talking out your feelings. For me i had to do all of those.

Dm me if youd like.
Thanks, i appreciate it.

Agree.

But if you really want dxm order it on amazon, if you cant receive deliveries, send it to a friends house... if you don't have a credit card buy a prepaid one from a gas station or convenience store.

I feel your pain. I started alcohol and drugs very early, was a serious alcoholic by age 18, and have been plagued with addiction issues my entire life.

My advice is, just stick to weed and maybe psychedelics if you are trying to do drugs. Maybe kratom or kava, which you can probably find fairly easily.

And if you're on psychiatric meds it's best to not do drugs at all.

I've tried all the SSRIs, and honestly the only ones that worked really well for me were Zoloft and paxil. But they also made me super manic so I had to stop.

Best of luck on your journey dude!

Hi Noah and welcome to Bluelight.

A little grandmotherly advice. At only 15 you have a boatload of life in front of you. Don't get too caught up in the drug world until you are out of school. I mean some DXM and some weed is no biggie right now but leave everything else alone for the time being. There will be time enough for that when you are 18-21. And older.

Don't get all caught up in some of these threads where some posters make doing hard drugs seem all fun and no issues. I'm sure by now you have seen the threads I am talking about. I don't want you getting the idea that it can't happen to you. And of course the biggest thing about your age is that your brain hasn't fully developed. Give it the good life it needs right now because there is lots of time later to kill some cells. Just try and enjoy your life and school and your home and your friends while you can. You don't need any of the alternatives you are thinking about. :Mario:

These Walmart people took DXM gels out of sale? Guess too many stolen bottles.

You can extract the DXM out of da sizzurp with relatively simple techniques, Google will help you with if you want but let me tell that it's a BAD idea to stay on it 24/7, your marks will drop blah blah no you know that, problem is eventually you'll be dependent on it and require sky high dosages just to function. Been there, done that, just with other, more potent dissociatives but know somebody who's fucked (not fried!) by DXM, her career is gone. Mine too. Dissociatives do that when used without respect.

If you're looking for something to get over opioid tolerance, we have memantine but.. it requires prescription, and isn't widely known so you might have problems getting an Alzheimer's med.

SSRIs can be similarly addictive as DXM etc. and I'd strongly suggest to ride things out without them. I've been on some now for 10 years and I JUST CAN'T STOP. It's worse than morphine+disso combined. I become suicidal and get brain zaps from hell if I try, countless attempts (primarily because these nice docs also lied about the side effects, when taken for long SSRIs will wreck your prolactine, say hello to tits).

If you're suicidal, there's nothing better than dissociatives, but used with respect. One high dose (450+mg of DXM, better K if you can get it, or some MXE analogue which are my personal fave) when you need it and then get a week of serotonergic bliss for free. K is approved now for suicidal depression, it works and it's something you don't have to be on all the time.

I feel your pain. I started alcohol and drugs very early, was a serious alcoholic by age 18, and have been plagued with addiction issues my entire life.

My advice is, just stick to weed and maybe psychedelics if you are trying to do drugs. Maybe kratom or kava, which you can probably find fairly easily.

And if you're on psychiatric meds it's best to not do drugs at all.

I've tried all the SSRIs, and honestly the only ones that worked really well for me were Zoloft and paxil. But they also made me super manic so I had to stop.

Best of luck on your journey dude!
Thanks.

The problem is most drugs you could use to replace, are purchased online. Do you have any way to do so? Lots of legal soft drugs one could play with.

Otherwise go down to a pharmacy (preferably a natural one) and look for Kava products like @Negentropic was saying. You should find some somewhere. The tinctures work better than tea preparations.

-GC

Before you jump the gun with hardcore drugs, you could start off easy with some supplements like people have suggested, something like 5-htp & egcg is a powerful combination. It might sound basic, but supplements can affect you more than you realize .. only after i have started doing drugs i started to notice ever so slight changes in body / psyche that were brought out. I'd also consider nootropics as next step before you actually dive into drugs, because, as we all know they're just a temporary solution and you'll be worse off in the end. Gotta go now im holing