• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction DXM after expiration date

I know they should be good, but just want to reassure myself, and be safe as possible. Diphenhydramine pills that expired in 2021, are they safe to take? Will they still work?

It will still be good. But what is your intended use of that DPH, as an allergy/sleep med or recreational? DPH can be quite hairy and induces delirium at dosages slightly higher than therapeutic (I think you will be aware of this but there is some misconception about DPH because it is so often named together with DXM when these two are vastly different drugs.)

It will still be good. But what is your intended use of that DPH, as an allergy/sleep med or recreational? DPH can be quite hairy and induces delirium at dosages slightly higher than therapeutic (I think you will be aware of this but there is some misconception about DPH because it is so often named together with DXM when these two are vastly different drugs.)
Recreational, but trust me Im aware I know all about diphenhydramine, and other antihistamines. I take it in a 25mg to 100mg give or take with my opioid, and benzo. Thank you though! I appreciate the help big time!

Recreational, but trust me Im aware I know all about diphenhydramine, and other antihistamines. I take it in a 25mg to 100mg give or take with my opioid, and benzo. Thank you though! I appreciate the help big time!
Well, 25-100mg's are mostly in the therapeutic range, somewhere I read that it was prescribed at up to 300mg but I think this was a wrong information. Still, delirium begins at 500mg or so. Have a good time!

Well, 25-100mg's are mostly in the therapeutic range, somewhere I read that it was prescribed at up to 300mg but I think this was a wrong information. Still, delirium begins at 500mg or so. Have a good time!
Thank you, but I also want to add that they're gel pills. Like liquid in the inside of the pills idk if that makes any difference?

Thank you, but I also want to add that they're gel pills. Like liquid in the inside of the pills idk if that makes any difference?
This I don't know for sure, I think a solution might indeed degrade faster than solid chemicals but as these capsules will be airtight.. Idk. My bet is that they'll be OK, it's been just 2 years since the expiration which is a short time. And even if the DPH should have degraded I imagine the resulting chems not to be dangerous.