Drum 'n' Bass - MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here dig old skul 'intelligent' drum & bass or atmospheric jungle? It sounds kind of like jungle and liquid having a baby or something lol. I guess the biggest difference between liquid and atmospheric jungle is that the latter has a distinct jungly sound.

Some sick atmospheric jungle tracks:

PFM - The Western
PFM - Love and Happiness
LTJ Bukem - Constellations
LTJ Bukem - Demon's Theme

Some of this stuff just sounds so epic. I would be nuts to hear it live. =D

LTJ was a HUGE influence on many musicians.... and people in general....

check this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPfC0CyKCOM

i think maybe black sun empire might do it for you. i love drum and bass aswell and BSE are my fav ever. hence my bluelight name. theyre really dark progressive drum and bass. they can throw in a bit of hardtrance in there aswell. arrakis is a song you want to check out first :D.

Black sun empire waa first live dnb act i saw. Forever burned inmy head. Urban assualt is great la dnb check out there track gotta have it.

yeah, there's really nothing wanting in that tune it's a rare thing :)

viper recordings (<3) released some hifi tracks fo FREEEEEEEE on DNBA! search UNDERWATER (free) and you'll find it

also, there's this guy neos i never heard of who makes awesome chillout vibes

http://soundcloud.com/neos-1

also, neurofunk is great

hamilton - breathe (hd that shit)

I just discovered Proktah. His music is soo psychedelic. I love it.

Proktah - Monakin

Proktah - Labyrinth

pure brain melting dnb.

somebody recommend me some more like his.

please

Pretty cool tracks. Check these out:

Dom & Roland - imagination
Corrupt Souls - Drop Zone
Dom & Roland - Future Life
Dom & Roland - Mr Tuttle's Nightmare
Dom & Roland - Decker's Theme
Ed Rush & Optical - Flightpath
Ed Rush & Optical - Reach Out
Noisia - The Tide (!!!)
Noisia - Unveil
Noisia - End Game

Tell me what you think. I'd say the best Neurofunk/Techstep artists from the old skul are Ed Rush & Optical (they started the whole sub genre) and Dom & Roland (he perfected it IMO). And out of the new skul, the only ones I really like are Noisia. They more recent stuff has a more housey/mainstream sound however.

i think maybe black sun empire might do it for you. i love drum and bass aswell and BSE are my fav ever. hence my bluelight name. theyre really dark progressive drum and bass. they can throw in a bit of hardtrance in there aswell. arrakis is a song you want to check out first :D.

Ohhhh yes - <3 Definitely my fave DnB crew, tied with Bad Company & Spor is a legend....Corrupt Souls I found out because of BSE, great stuff.

Arrakis is indeed out of this world!

i see your questionable dnb remake of a bad 80s song (link) which was previously a trance and happy hardcore remake (double lol) and raise you an inward phase

i see your questionable dnb remake of a bad 80s song (link) which was previously a trance and happy hardcore remake (double lol) and raise you an inward phase

Thanks, great track! Can't believe Inward Phase is just 19 years old...

BTW, I love the AHA version and I think the CV drop is pretty nice, don't really see the questionableness of the tune.

Here's another nice one: Spectrasoul - Dark Hour

Status
Not open for further replies.