• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Drugs in the workplace (Merged)

Haha so some one sold his friend some mdma anyways this nikka pops at work while we both there had to watch him roll tits in the worst place possible for 5 hours lol

^What a waste of MDMA haha... I've had people ask me if I'm rolling at work when I'm moving really quickly lol, but I'd never do that.

I have gone to work on amphetamines, benzos, and stoned plenty of times.

IMO benzos are best. I used to pop some xanax before going in and all of a sudden it would be time to leave lol. Plus nothing would phase me in the slightest. Workdays were a breeeze.

Amphetamines would give me plenty of energy. But I'd get some shitty mood swings. One second I'm on top of the world and euphoric, next second I'm unbelievably pissed and just hating everyone. I prefer amps for socializing more than anything.

Going to work stoned is like a double edged sword mostly. I'll be feeling nice and relaxed, but at the same time having paranoid, self-critical thoughts that are quite unpleasant. I just feel too socially awkward at work when I've smoked weed. I always smoke weed before work though, so I just give myself two hours beforehand to sober up so I'm not so out of it.

I once worked for a call center, Alorica, which had projects such as Vizio, Sams Club, and Geek Squad Online Support. My job was Geek Squad dispatch, rather than implement software capable to handle the tedious task of routing clients to there desired extension, they decided to create jobs instead. So our routine which we were expected to have completed the call with the tech support member and their case dispatched to a repair technician within 16 minutes. Many of our clients, mostly Americans, knew little about how to operate their devices, let alone connect accessories via bluetooth... so dealing with clients that consist of old people who are lonely, pretentious snobs who demand that the wait time be decreased, and bitchy women from New Jersey, so it can be quite stressful at times.. oh yeah, if you are familiar with call centers then you will know that they are full of drug users, drug dealers, and those are disciplined enough to refrain from the previous two activities. So every two hours on the dot, I would take a quick break to run to the restroom, crunch up a line of meth on the toilet paper dispenser, hit that shit, and return to my desk where I would remain until the next break, because I was concerned about some hopeless romantic gazing into my eyes and concluding that I either I totally dig her or I am totally loaded and pulling it off.

There was also a time I had smoked some really good shit and was wayy wayy to fucking amped to go deal with best buy customers in an polite manner. So, having no benzos and no other options I chased the brown dragon until i felt good. By this time, my pupils looked good and I felt pretty good too. Then began the first two hours of my shift, at break time, I spotted a few friends in the stoner herd migrating to the skunky spot in the parking lot, so since i was on a roll anyways, I thought "why not?" And after 3-4 hits of chronic, that "why not?" Very quickly turned into a "WTF?" I began to sweat profusely, my vision went dark, I had a pounding headache, and felt like shit. I'm still not sure what caused this to happen, but based on a similar experience I thought it was mixing weed and meth.

Commercial fishing. I grew up around big, cussing, crabbers, who are on a boat for weeks sometimes on the Pacific and it isn't easy work, not only the threat of falling overboard and nobody noticing in a storm but I personally know two boats that sank one was lucky enough to have their crew saved by coast guard. Other wasn't so lucky. And in those conditions you only get a couple hours of sleep a day if you're lucky. Obviously most boats supply the crew with clear to keep them awake, energized, and alert. It's sad because most fisherman take that habit back on land with them and would make good money if they didn't spend it all on that.

Commercial fishing. I grew up around big, cussing, crabbers, who are on a boat for weeks sometimes on the Pacific and it isn't easy work, not only the threat of falling overboard and nobody noticing in a storm but I personally know two boats that sank one was lucky enough to have their crew saved by coast guard. Other wasn't so lucky. And in those conditions you only get a couple hours of sleep a day if you're lucky. Obviously most boats supply the crew with clear to keep them awake, energized, and alert. It's sad because most fisherman take that habit back on land with them and would make good money if they didn't spend it all on that.

Wow...I'm a long time lurker on this site, but this post got my attention. The documentaries about commercial crabbing and fishing in general make it seem like you need to be clean to get on a crew. You're saying that not only do many captains ignore substance abuse on the sea, but many actually supply it? That seems a disaster waiting to happen. Please tell more...

I can't speak to the last poster's experience but I also grew up in, and work in, the commercial fishing industry in Alaska. And actually from what I've seen speed culture isn't as big as you might think...a lot of captains take a really dim view of drug use onboard simply because of how hard the us coast guard goes after maritime intoxication. But there are addicts in the industry, just not as many as you would expect.

Not all skippers are okay with it but most don't care and some bring it on. If the skipper doesn't supply then the crew pools together usually or individuals bring their own. It works surprisingly well because they aren't using to get 'high' but instead to help their performance. There's a reason they used to give this stuff to soldiers back in the day, it can be a useful tool if used right.

In the past I've had tedious jobs where a joint to start my shift was almost mandatory, and jobs with tons of youths around so getting high was a no no.

Right now I work by myself, but I actually have a good amount to take care of on most nights. I've found that light stims, such as ephedrine/caffeine stack work really well for motivation. Without them I can be complacent and just get by, but the extra stimulation makes staying busy more enjoyable. I don't use the ephedra much (maybe 1-2x per week) as just knowing it's there is a boost, like a special weapon to be used as needed.

I also take a small amount of benzo each day but with my slight tolerance its more maintenance than anything.

One thing I will add, in regards to commercial fishing, is that cocaine used to be really popular. At least according to my parents and some others I've talked to who used to fish back in the 1980's. People were making huge amounts of money at a time during the king crab boom and were blowing it on things like coke, expensive gold watches, handguns, etc, as well as losing thousands of dollars in poker matches on boats and such. Back then sounded nuts...rural, country-ass working people making fat stacks of cash and spending it as fast as they made it.

Cocaine is still somewhat popular in the southern coastal communities of Alaska, some of it isn't bad...go into some fishermen's bars late at night, duck in the bathroom and sometimes you'll see some bearded fisherman in a ratty hooded sweatshirt snorting blow off the back of his hand.

It should be said though that up here, as far as illegal drugs go, meth and heroin dominate everything else.

As the owner of a couple businesses I can say that as an employer I don't give a shit what you guys are on except when it prevents you from doing your job effectively. I also cannot afford to tolerate users who have a job that puts other people at risk. If someone kills or hurts someone else and they were on drugs the first thing the lawyers are going to do is go after me. If it turns out I was negligent in doing UA's or god forbid, I knew someone was a user and I let them stay on board, I am fucked. So you see, it is not always your employer that hates drug users, it is the risk of employing them.

^As an employee I expect the same. If someone is unable to perform to their full potential because of whatever drugs they're on then that's just unacceptable. If your performance is unaltered or, shit, even improved then I'd say there's no problem with it. Depending on what you're doing that is... If you work in customer service in a restaurant or retail setting, it doesn't look good to be blasted on drugs. If you're in the back where only the people you're around every day will see you, then it's not such a huge deal. Usually if you look that fucked up, your work performance will suffer anyway. But some things like weed are just hard to hide (droopy eyes, lower voice, maybe a little awkwardness). However I hate to be working with someone who's nodding the fuck out and barely getting shit done. Just like I'd hate to be working with someone who's so tweaked out of their mind that they act like a fucking lunatic. There is an acceptable medium of inebriation in the workplace, but the line between what's acceptable and isn't is very vague. I try to keep a clear head when I'm working, just because it makes work less stressful/easier and I don't feel like I need to hide my high. Caffeine & Adderall are really the only two that I can manage to maintain a proper work performance on. I smoke weed everyday, but I try to give it a good two or three hours of sobering up time before heading in. I expect to one day own a business of my own or at the very least manage one. If I were in ^your shoes (pinpoint), I'd feel the exact same way. I believe the owner of the business I work at shares similar values.

I go to work high all the time, though it can be frustrating when you are 32+ hours sleep deprived. I am a cashier at 7-11 and I enjoy visiting with my regulars, whom I hook up with occasional deals a d cover the change of some of their purchases. Sometimes cops come in to use our restroom and give me odd looks when they notice my mickey mouse pupils, but say nothing.

I used to work at Red Lobster, it was very much like the movie "Waiting". Met so many awesome people from that job. Miss the biscuits.

Work for has always been a trigger. Opiates would allow me to push myself until my habit caught up with my drive. Pharmaceutical opiates would give me a stimulant high in the first few hours and relax me when I would be knee deep in paperwork. But in job after job I would go from nothing to opportunity of a life time to score of a lifetime to nodding out on the opportunity. The last go around had me working in human resources with me nodding out hard desk to desk with the person that hired me. Everyone would always roll their eyes when I would say that pills were a benefit to using, but they really gave me the extra push to achieve things I would want but didn't have the balls or strength to achieve.

Agreed on the pizza chains. I worked for several different locations of one company and pills and weed everywhere. Same goes for manufacturing plants, some of them..and anything construction related..tree work, painters, etc

When I worked construction people would duck into a vacant room or empty space in the building (plenty of them, in an empty 30+ story high rise) and smoke crack.

I used to use amp but my connect is a slut bic h whore who stole from me so I need a new connect

Right now its an EC stack if feeling frisky. My new graveshift colleague is drug friendly thank goodness

My first month working at mcdonalds I used heroin everyday no body noticed untill,I got a different batch and,I,was,falling asleep toasting muffins my manger asked to talk to me and said I had to go home she believved,my excuse,of I was out all night and,didnt get sleep caise I worked a 5 am shift.adter thay everyone started,noticing my tracks so I havent done,dope,at,work,since then only thing I do is a xanax because,really do,have,anxiety.I was,lucky I didnt,het fired.part of me thiks she knew I was nodding out but I kinda habe,a close,relationship with hef so I think she cut me a break.definatly a,wake up call when it comes to,doing drugs at,work.