• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Drugs for healing trauma

What is it about mushrooms that makes you say this? If you don't know, that's OK, I am just curious. For me, I am choosing shrooms as a candidate because it's a low intensity psychedelic that also has a plant spirit with it. I think fungi are amazing in the natural world and they are intelligent. I'm going to buy shrooms, grind them into powder, and measure out 25mg doses in capsules. I'll take those twice a week. Then I'll upgrade to 50mg, then eventually 100mg. At the point that it becomes too much, I'll downgrade to the previous level. This seems to be the microdosing regimen that therapists are endorsing.

How would you compare 1p-LSD to LSD?

I've done shrooms before but always at higher doses, causing breakthrough hallucinogenic experiences. We're talking out-of-reality experiences. I've never done mushrooms at a sub-threshold level with microdosing like I have with ketamine, so I'd be interested to explore this. I just want to be safe. I am so paranoid about triggering my auto-immune condition. But part of that paranoia is my PTSD that I need to work on. Underneath that paranoia is a lot of hurt over everything that has happened to me that I have been unable to unpack. I need a psychedelic ally to do so.

Btw... apologies if I seemed harsh in my request for support. I hope you don't feel dismissed. I'm just kind of desperate and I need more focus on my shit.

Higher doses of mushrooms completely remove me from reality. I would call them shamanic. I have to lie down and then my eyes close and I'm off to another universe. The imagery is extremely vivid and in technicolour. For example, last time I did mushrooms, when I hit the bed, I closed my eyes and suddenly I was seeing the formation of planet Earth from outer space, during its fiery, volcanic tectonic epoch, before life ever existed. I mean, who knows if that's what it really looked like, but the vision was intensely vivid and real like I was watching it from the viewpoint of the creator. It was really cool -- but what was the point?

Mushrooms connect me to earthly things like that.

I have never microdosed LSD or mushrooms. How do you even microdose LSD, anyway? Do you need to use liquid LSD? I only have blotter.

I'm attracted to mushrooms because they have a spirit signature, and because I think fungi networks are similar to neural patterns. According to the doctrine of signatures, they would be good medicine for the brain. This is confirmed in how mushrooms cause the release of neural growth factor.

LSD is utterly magical and cosmic. I love it for that. But... it's ungrounding for me and doesn't really help me unpack trauma. Also it lasts too long and I don't want to get stuck in what feels like a forever-trip.

That's totally fine. I understand better now that you are really using this thread to try to find info to help you with a big issue. I didn't think you were harsh at all.

What's the highest dose of shrooms you've ever taken?

I've never taken more than an eighth (I mean, for most people that's just the default dosage) and probably done them like 8-10 times, and only the very first time did I get INTENSE AWESOME hallucinations, and the 2nd time I only got 2 very brief hallucinations. All the other times I got none and was disappointed, but they always come with such a great feeling of peace which IMO is probably as good or better than hallucinations, certainly better for therapeutic usage like you want.

However, I am sure that the fact for all but the last shroom trip I was on Prozac, and that for the last one I was on Klonopin and Lexapro, have TOTALLY reduced my hallucinations and dulled my trips.

That's why next time I want to try about 5--5.5 grams.

Anytime I told my friends I wanted to try more than an eighth cause I rarely got visuals they'd tell me not to and that I'd freak out, but none of them were on meds and I don't think they realized how much SSRIs and benzos dull trips and how they would probably make me much more likely to be able to handle those higher doses.

I am also interested in microdosing, but because my meds dull my trips I assume my "micro" doses would have to be higher than most or else they wouldn't even do much of anything, and I don't know what the right dose for microdosing while on these meds would even be.

I love mushrooms and fungi too (hence my name hahha), I mean, I'm even interested in edible mushrooms as food, poisonous mushrooms, just mushrooms culturally in general.

Right now my living circumstances aren't good for it, but as soon as they are I'm going to buy spores and a full mushroom growing kit and use the Shroomery site to learn how to grow my own.

Almost seems like a crazy loop hole that spores are legal, and people on that sight say they are able to grow so many they don't even know what to do with them, so maybe you might want to try growing your own. I mean, I always find it hard to find them on the street personally.

On a seperate but related note, since you find mushrooms interesting, you might want to read a really cool book I once read called "Toads and Toadstools".

It totally goes into the entire history of BOTH mushrooms of different kinds and their associations with Toads of different kinds (MOSTLY the discussion is on psychedelic mushrooms and psychedelic toads, but not entirely) and it really goes into depth with the cultural significance of both mushrooms and toads to different cultures throughout history, in mythology and fairy tales, why it is that they are often associated with eachother (the book says, but I actually forgot why...), etc.

It's a fun read.

1P LSD is believed to be a prodrug for LSD analogous way psilocybin metabolizes to psilocin. I myself find both 1P LSD and 1A-LSD (aka ALD 52) to be indistinguishable from LSD 25. In fact I'd probably go as far as to say the 100 microgram 1P and 1A LSD blotters have been better than some of the street LSD I've had. As I think the 1P and 1A are actually dosed at the advertised dosage. Where as the last "110 mic" blotters of LSD I had last were probably about 70 mics if I had to guess by how strong they were compared to the analogs. My cousin also just ordered some "150 mic' LSD blotters from a dnm and he believes they are probably about half that, 75 mics. Again that's by judging them against his 100 mic 1A LSD tabs which he says are most definitely more potent than the supposed 150 mic blotter.
So I actually would recommend the 1P and 1A LSD. And since u are on bluelight, that means u have an internet connection and access to google. You should easily be able to come across some

I think I'd probably get a 100mcg blotter and cut it into quarters, and take one of those to start. Thanks for the info.

I know personally one mercenary who fought in 1999 Yogoslavian war, on Serbia. I medicate him, with benzos. 100x 2mg clonazepam bottle a month. He clearly has PTSD, but because of he has drug using past, so doctors wont prespicpe him shit. I wouldn't give him LSD tho. I have gave him MDMA, cuz i have read that it helps with PTSD and he enjoyed it.

In the past, LSD has made my PTSD worse, not better. LSD doesn't seem to have the organic plant spirit that other entheogens do. But then, neither does ketamine and I've done lots of that for PTSD. So who knows.

Most I've ever done is 5g but it was too much and also unnecessary. My hands and feet got kind of numb and I was nauseous. The last time I did a breakthrough trip I did 3g and that seemed to be enough, but I can't blast my neurons that way anymore. Also I really need to be in nature to not have a freak out.

That's totally fine. I understand better now that you are really using this thread to try to find info to help you with a big issue. I didn't think you were harsh at all.

What's the highest dose of shrooms you've ever taken?

I've never taken more than an eighth (I mean, for most people that's just the default dosage) and probably done them like 8-10 times, and only the very first time did I get INTENSE AWESOME hallucinations, and the 2nd time I only got 2 very brief hallucinations. All the other times I got none and was disappointed, but they always come with such a great feeling of peace which IMO is probably as good or better than hallucinations, certainly better for therapeutic usage like you want.

However, I am sure that the fact for all but the last shroom trip I was on Prozac, and that for the last one I was on Klonopin and Lexapro, have TOTALLY reduced my hallucinations and dulled my trips.

That's why next time I want to try about 5--5.5 grams.

Anytime I told my friends I wanted to try more than an eighth cause I rarely got visuals they'd tell me not to and that I'd freak out, but none of them were on meds and I don't think they realized how much SSRIs and benzos dull trips and how they would probably make me much more likely to be able to handle those higher doses.

I am also interested in microdosing, but because my meds dull my trips I assume my "micro" doses would have to be higher than most or else they wouldn't even do much of anything, and I don't know what the right dose for microdosing while on these meds would even be.

I love mushrooms and fungi too (hence my name hahha), I mean, I'm even interested in edible mushrooms as food, poisonous mushrooms, just mushrooms culturally in general.

Right now my living circumstances aren't good for it, but as soon as they are I'm going to buy spores and a full mushroom growing kit and use the Shroomery site to learn how to grow my own.

Almost seems like a crazy loop hole that spores are legal, and people on that sight say they are able to grow so many they don't even know what to do with them, so maybe you might want to try growing your own. I mean, I always find it hard to find them on the street personally.

On a seperate but related note, since you find mushrooms interesting, you might want to read a really cool book I once read called "Toads and Toadstools".

It totally goes into the entire history of BOTH mushrooms of different kinds and their associations with Toads of different kinds (MOSTLY the discussion is on psychedelic mushrooms and psychedelic toads, but not entirely) and it really goes into depth with the cultural significance of both mushrooms and toads to different cultures throughout history, in mythology and fairy tales, why it is that they are often associated with eachother (the book says, but I actually forgot why...), etc.

It's a fun read.

I think I'd probably get a 100mcg blotter and cut it into quarters, and take one of those to start. Thanks for the info.

25 mics is a heavy microdose. One eight of a square is closer to what you want for most activities.

Higher doses of mushrooms completely remove me from reality. I would call them shamanic. I have to lie down and then my eyes close and I'm off to another universe. The imagery is extremely vivid and in technicolour. For example, last time I did mushrooms, when I hit the bed, I closed my eyes and suddenly I was seeing the formation of planet Earth from outer space, during its fiery, volcanic tectonic epoch, before life ever existed. I mean, who knows if that's what it really looked like, but the vision was intensely vivid and real like I was watching it from the viewpoint of the creator. It was really cool -- but what was the point?

It's the rich processes of life that complicate the picture. But before biology started feeding back into geochemistry, it's a game of physics and straightforward chemistry. Even after early life it's still quite decipherable. No oxygen means no sky bleach, no pretty azure transparency, but more hazy like Venus, covered under a smog of methane waste product functioning as an ozone layer, and most likely of a brownish-red tint like Mars. From the surface it would have looked familiar except for the colours. Through the carbon dioxide pumped up through the volcanoes, partially converted by cyanobacteria-methanogens interaction, the sun would have appeared orange, the sky pink-ish, the sea mixing these into a shade of brown.

The point could be that it puts trauma in perspective if the traumatized being is a persisting reverberation of utterly hellish planetary conditions. Nevertheless lifeforms always did their subsisting, sharing and procreating, until they didn't. Points of impasse have always served as evolutionary opportunities. If there's no disruption of business as usual, no damages to the system, then the very pulsation underlying iterative self-design is taken away and rendered stale steady-state. This isn't denial, or trivializing anyone's belief that certain events should not have happened. It's rather that together with acknowledging everything experienced and felt, there is the underlying point of view that trauma is only as real as the standards by which to compare are unshakable. Societal consensus fixes these standards, geophysiologically the constraints found always turn out limits to be transcended. Both views are correct, and the ability to hold both simultaneously is what we call a basic sense of sanity.

Lets reel this bullshit back a bit.
Drugs Do not Heal Trauma.
YOU DO
Drugs allow you to get into access to your trauma and heal it.
Drugs can also corrupt your trauma and turn it into a fucking neurosis.

True Communication
Friends
Experience
Relationships

all of those things create trauma, but all of those things also heal trauma.
especially if you have people who can care about you and give you the time of day.
Which in this post modernist industrialist suicide cult we call society
ARE ALL HARD TO FORGE CREATE AND KEEP.
Given what do most of our lives consist of, waking up every single day and forcing down a meal before marching to the unseen riddim of the nwo death drum providing your energy in order to give you pennies to sustain yourself. Unless you got some kind of wicked niche craft skill that you use to thrive.

For me, i had no idea how much a little adderall infused chainsaw piece of shit i was when i was 16 years old.
i did magic mushrooms for the first time and all the anxiety, tension, anger, aggression, stopped.
You know what replaced it. Saddness. Pure True unadulterated saddness. The kind of saddness that sociopathic little adderall junkies do not feel.
Its not my fault i was on the adderall, its not my parents fault, its the conformity of the school system.
I remember i ate them right after school, thinking they were going to be just like weed. and im riding the school bus home.
I walk inside and my Mother says to me, "Wow, you're energy is different you feel so happy". I gave her a hug, dropped my backpack and walked outside
got on my bike and cried. I cried so hard, a fucking rainstorm with thunder and lightening and the whole 9 yards came.
i biked 26 km to my girlfriends house.
You know what i was lucky enough to have, a girlfriend who actually cared. someone who held me while i cried and i got to feel 11 years worth of childhood feelings that were awash in a fucking dredge of pharmaceutical speed.
It was like i was fucking breathing for the first time.

Ask yourself seriously who the fuck you are before you step into any psychedelic experience, because i assure you.
You are not who you think you are. And everytime you actualize or identify. Reality finds a beautiful way to CHANGE YOU.
Change is all around you, and if change is what is needed. Change will come.

Thank you for reeling back bullshit with an obvious fact nobody seemed unaware of?

Good for you that you found a girlfriend to get you off of adderall. But I don't think it's very considerate to herald your story as if you could give a talk to war veterans about it.

I mean, strictly speaking it is true that the drugs don't change anything, but they can be important catalysts for inducing the desire to change.

Taking a bunch of psychedelics in isolation won't do very much to fix any emotional problems but it can certainly help provide perspective, empathic connection, and a different means of perceiving oneself that can be recalled days or months down the road.

^ yep

Anyways, I've found the more physical a psychedelic the better for emotional healing. DOC in this way was amazing, and if you're wanting plant medicine, my suggestion is a mescaline containing cactus. It's really quite easy to obtain.

Cactus is divine, for sure. Very wise and healing and so warm and loving, too. Gentle. You described mushrooms as easygoing... for me mushrooms are among the most intense psychedelics I've ever tried (out of like 50 different ones), with the most possibility for difficult experiences (but extremely rewarding experiences as well). Of course low doses are pretty easygoing. But mescaline... I have a hard time imagining anyone ever having a difficult experience on mescaline. It's so earthy and peaceful.

I'm right there with you regarding mushrooms, Xorkoth. Mushrooms scare me in a way no other psychedelic does. They have a propensity to kick your ass if you're not careful.

Once after taking an eighth of shrooms I broke through to DMT hyperspace for an hour, and then shortly after transitioned into the most hellish trip I've ever experienced which last 4-6 more hours.

Dude that's crazy, the last time I ate mushrooms, I was trying to go for a low dose and just relax, and I took 10mg of MXE (which, granted, does potentiate psychedelics) and a measly 1 gram of mushrooms, of a batch where an eighth was not too strong other times I ate them, and broke through to hyperspace, it was so unnerving since I just expected a light buzz. I eventually aborted with etizolam because the anxiety got so bad. I tried to push through but I felt insane, it's not like I was working through or even confronting issues, it was just a babbling of rapid-fire syllables in my head and tons of fractals and racing thoughts, the same as smoked DMT is for me pre-breakthrough. Except with a lot of anxiety mixed in, unlike DMT.

Shrooms are one of the more popular options for therapy. It's important to remember that psychedelics only go so far though and it's the integration that is the important bit. Although cliche having intention and good integration is what really makes a difference for me. If combined with honey and ginger the nausea is heavily reduced even at high doses. Using psychedelics for therapy without knowing what you're doing or without integration could leave you worse off than before. I imagine this has been the case for a few ayahuasca tourism experiences.

If you go in with the intention of therapy and have the right set and setting you'll find most psychedelics yield theraputic benefit. Plant based psychedelics seem to be more direct though. Tryptamines work best for me.

4-ACO-DMT is a bit more 'black market' but it's a great option, much less nausea than shrooms and the comeup is more cathartic to work through for me. I took a large dose of it insufflated with ketamine during a very low period and after coming out of the breakthrough I was a changed person. I had an afterglow for weeks and a new thirst for life that lasted in ways for years. It was so powerful that those around me noticed me acting different despite not being aware of the experience itself.

For microdosing, although reports online state 10-20ug. I would take less, more like 5ug. I've tried a lot of different doses for microdosing, if it's genuine 100ug and you break it up into 10 doses you will probably be threshold tripping. At that sort of dose I would get uncontrollable laughter in some instances so it was clear I wasn't sober. I feel the best style of microdosing is when you feel entirely sober but when you look back on the day you notice there was a slight difference to thought patterns and behaviour. It's very good for daily depression but doesn't last more than a few days after the last dose for me - it puts you in the right frame of mind. I also find there is a weird build up of effects when used long term. It's best used sparingly for me.

1P-LSD is relatively similar to LSD, but for me it lacks the electric/zing feeling of acid. I have only tried it a few times - since there is plenty of acid around it seemed pointless to go for something sub-par. But if there was no acid it would be a good alternative.

DPT is another good one if you need a short duration, some people find it a bit dark - I find it good when preloaded with 4-HO-MET as that doesn't take away too much from the experience but prepares the body/mind and makes the vibrations feel less intense.

The classic rave mix of Acid, followed by MDMA then repeated k-hole doses of Ketamine is one of the more intense combinations but extremely cathartic long term. It brings direct clarity for me but at the same time feels like insanity and you can be manic for a day or two afterwards.

I liked Kaleida's post on the second page. Each has their use. After taking psychedelics for both theraputic and recreational reasons for many years I find myself using them less and focusing more on integrating each trip for months or years at a time. Good luck!

Last edited:
I did 25mg of powdered psilocybin this evening while I was making dinner. I was in a pretty calm, neutral space. It kicked in a bit about 60 minutes later or so. Very light. Not pleasant or unpleasant, just neutral. I folded some laundry and kept doing housework. My body felt heavier and this really heavy fatigue came over my mind that I can only identify as the "signature mushroom vibe". It almost feels like part of my brain is being anesthetized. My body feels heavier and it's like gravity is draggy.

Then I went to my car to drive around the corner (literally 1 block away) to fill up with gas for work tomorrow. (Please don't lecture me about driving, I'm not even high and had no intention of going far. Reality is normal aside from my body feeling heavy.)

My car wouldn't start. The lights turn on and everything, but the engine just revs and doesn't turn over. The engine starter I guess?

So... that's when the fuckery started. I've had this car since 2014 and aside from minor repairs, it has functioned fine. Now suddenly, seemingly because I take a microdose of a psychedelic, it breaks? The timing is so fucked. This sends my PTSD reeling... like I shouldn't be doing psychedelics, they are going to fuck up my life again, and "shit like this is only happening because I'm high, otherwise it wouldn't be happening". The rabbit hole starts.

I formulate a plan to get my car towed to the mechanic tomorrow. Everything will be alright. But I am still left with this impression that the psychedelics are "the reason for this". I know it's not logical, but the coincidence is messing with me. So now it has turned into a sub-threshold high that is an endurance experience, rather than something interesting, novel and exploratory. I've "endured" psychedelics before, and it's not really my goal.

I go online and try to find some optimistic research about mushrooms on MAPS or another site, and I have trouble finding information. Then I come here and people are suddenly saying that if you don't know what you're doing, mushrooms will fuck up your life. How integration won't happen unless you're in therapy, yada yada. Meanwhile the discussion was fairly even keel last time I was here. What gives, people? Way to be unsupportive, and increase my paranoia!

So if anyone has some standalone positive things to say about mushroom microdosing, I'd love to hear them. Right now I'm in sort of a neutral to negative space. I did throw caution to the wind a bit by doing the microdose before dinner, but I thought this was just going to be a mundane evening of relaxing at home. Then the car thing happened and now I don't know where I am.

Lets reel this bullshit back a bit.
Drugs Do not Heal Trauma.
YOU DO
Drugs allow you to get into access to your trauma and heal it.
Drugs can also corrupt your trauma and turn it into a fucking neurosis.

True Communication
Friends
Experience
Relationships

all of those things create trauma, but all of those things also heal trauma.
especially if you have people who can care about you and give you the time of day.
Which in this post modernist industrialist suicide cult we call society
ARE ALL HARD TO FORGE CREATE AND KEEP.
Given what do most of our lives consist of, waking up every single day and forcing down a meal before marching to the unseen riddim of the nwo death drum providing your energy in order to give you pennies to sustain yourself. Unless you got some kind of wicked niche craft skill that you use to thrive.

For me, i had no idea how much a little adderall infused chainsaw piece of shit i was when i was 16 years old.
i did magic mushrooms for the first time and all the anxiety, tension, anger, aggression, stopped.
You know what replaced it. Saddness. Pure True unadulterated saddness. The kind of saddness that sociopathic little adderall junkies do not feel.
Its not my fault i was on the adderall, its not my parents fault, its the conformity of the school system.
I remember i ate them right after school, thinking they were going to be just like weed. and im riding the school bus home.
I walk inside and my Mother says to me, "Wow, you're energy is different you feel so happy". I gave her a hug, dropped my backpack and walked outside
got on my bike and cried. I cried so hard, a fucking rainstorm with thunder and lightening and the whole 9 yards came.
i biked 26 km to my girlfriends house.
You know what i was lucky enough to have, a girlfriend who actually cared. someone who held me while i cried and i got to feel 11 years worth of childhood feelings that were awash in a fucking dredge of pharmaceutical speed.
It was like i was fucking breathing for the first time.

Ask yourself seriously who the fuck you are before you step into any psychedelic experience, because i assure you.
You are not who you think you are. And everytime you actualize or identify. Reality finds a beautiful way to CHANGE YOU.
Change is all around you, and if change is what is needed. Change will come.

This is really lofty and intense. People experience psychedelics in many different ways. The way these medicines end up in people's lives and how they are interpreted is really varied. It's not proscribed. I appreciate where you're coming from but you're being a bit severe.

I don't agree that change is this magical thing that always just eventually happens. Sometimes it does work that way, it has for me sometimes. Sometimes you pray and pray, and then move through the world and you collide with someone or something that acts as a catalyst for transformation. Then you find yourself in a cascade effect of awesomeness where one thing leads from the next to the next and you're doing much better.

Other times, you can stay locked in a cycle that lasts seemingly forever and if you don't try to take action to change it, then nothing will work. More complicated yet, parts of you may be moving forward while other parts aren't, and the dysintegration is not lining up. You may be in the midst of change but a really locked up part of your psyche tries to sabotage. In the case of PTSD, the trauma mind-body can kick in even if you are making a totally earnest attempt to forge a new life. I've had this happen. It's because, in my case, I have built a complicated inner framework for COPING that has worked for a long time, but it has never really addressed the underlying cause.

The trauma mind-body can act as a totally different mind-body than the mundane "normal" body. When I have a PTSD episode I experience things in my body as though the original trauma is happening right now. Even though it's only a memory, it's seemingly real. The training it requires to bridge present-moment awareness with that unreal body-mind memory that is playing out something from the past takes a lot of work. It's why I need psychedelic aid.

I do have faith that change will come, but sometimes you have to try things to get that change to happen. Asking myself "who the fuck I am" is precisely why I am microdosing. Even a fearful experience like I am currently having can teach me something.

If you're willing to wait for a while, MDMA is nearing the end of clinical trials for use with a therapist to treat trauma, in the US. Additionally, psilocybin is in clinical trials for therapy as well. The fact that these two are being studied and put on the track to hopeful integration into legitimate medicine speaks highly to their ability to treat mental/emotional conditions. Of course when used in a therapeutic setting, the environment is much more controlled and there is a professional guiding you through the experience which greatly minimizes the chances of something going wrong.

Personally, psychedelics (generally tryptamines like mushrooms or 4-AcO-DMT or the like, but also specifically 2C-T-2) have greatly helped me to get out of depressive episodes before. But actually by far the most influential substance for me in actually changing my life was ibogaine. I took it at the end of the 10-year opiate addiction with the intention of getting off opiates. By the time I was at the point where I decided to actually take it, I actively wished for death every day. I felt I had destroyed my ability to be happy forever. I basically hated myself and the world. Ibogaine worked on some deeply subconscious levels and over the course of a week (3 days of the acute experience from a flood dose of about 1200mg ibogaine equivalent using part pure HCl and part TA extract, and then some re-integration days that were dicey followed by a much smaller follow-up dose), not only was my opiate addiction gone, but it was as if I had woken from a dream and I felt like myself again. I was excited about life and felt strong motivation to get healthy. For the first time in my life, I started working out consistently and got in shape and that made a huge difference too. I started eating well, and I began pursuing passions I forgot were missing from my life. Basically I can divide my life into childhood, pre-iboga adulthood, and post-iboga adulthood. Post-iboga adulthood is more like childhood in terms of my mental freedom and happiness level than pre-iboga adulthood. It sort of seemed to provide a reset from all the negative mental patterns and behaviors I had developed, and I was able to start with a clean slate, for the most part.

Keep in mind a flood dose is a harrowing experience... I felt no fear but it was just overwhelming, for me it was like dreaming for 3 days straight whether I was awake or asleep and the dreams overlaid what I was really seeing while I was awake. Also something like 0.2% of flood dose takers die from heart complications. Some people also have good success in providing motivation to change from microdosing iboga for a while, for example taking 1 gram of rootbark powder daily.

A number of psychedelics have helped to change my life but other than my first ever trip, on mushrooms, which changed my entire mindset about what reality is, what we are, and so forth, ibogaine has been by far the most influential agent of change for me. I came out of it, after it resolved, with a different mindset entirely from when I went into it. It felt like I had woken from a bad dream, and the only sensible options I saw ahead of me were to live my life to the fullest and no longer take opiates or accept self-destructive thought patterns. I had to work on that change but I WANTED to work on that change. I went to therapy for a little while afterwards just to help solidify the changes, as well, and talk to a professional about it. That was 5 and a half years ago almost, and although I've had troubles since, my life is still infinitely better than it was before I took it. I feel purpose and am happy most of the time.

Honestly though, finding a good therapist who specializes in PTSD might be the first course of action for you. Your situation and mine are not the same, and a good trauma therapist can be a lifesaver, with or without drugs.
What an adventure man.

Sorry i read few pages but decided to post.

Introspection, guided or forced is what this is about.
Some drugs are great with guidance such as someone to talk with while in the midst of the experience.
MDMA is best known for this. Its lacks any push, it opens the dialog with objective not emotional views.

Other drugs are great with a bit of push. The psilocybin type of trypatamines can be great for this.
The experiences of the drug play out and generally reach a crescendo, then the clarity and problem resolution is clear. Then slowly one drifts down.

Personally, i dont rate dissociatives for therapy, they are great tools, very fun but the therapeutic work is so optional its not funny. One can dose daily for a year and choose fun and disinhibtion over therapy.

Psycedelic Phenethylamines are supposed to be great too, i personally find them sparkly and i am distracted with the visuals and warmth. Great drugs but not as therapeutic.

Personally, mdma or similiar drugs (other like drugs work at a fraction of the effect compared to mdma but nonetheless work a bit) with a sitter is the absolute best way for speedy gentle therapy.

Second is psilocybin or other similiar tryptamines. This familyis slightly more forgiving in the number of effective compounds thst work well.

Cannabis, benzos and alcohol are useless, i have no experience with opiates.
Hopecthis helps

After been on to many acid trips up to 1000ug and not getting anywhere with healing depression or trauma i went and tried shrooms. The 4g equivalent to cubensis trips i took were quite intense and took to me psychological depths and broke me and made me confront everything it induce a very sad feeling but accepted what the shrooms where showing me then felt the most intense divine love and saw what i could only describe as the spirit of mother nature welcoming me home with love. Within 4 trips my depression had cleared away i felt alot of inner peace and freed from the past. I also took a small microdose a while later when feeling not as okay it helped return a warm sense of the shrooms and relaxing.

After been on to many acid trips up to 1000ug and not getting anywhere with healing depression or trauma i went and tried shrooms. The 4g equivalent to cubensis trips i took were quite intense and took to me psychological depths and broke me and made me confront everything it induce a very sad feeling but accepted what the shrooms where showing me then felt the most intense divine love and saw what i could only describe as the spirit of mother nature welcoming me home with love. Within 4 trips my depression had cleared away i felt alot of inner peace and freed from the past. I also took a small microdose a while later when feeling not as okay it helped return a warm sense of the shrooms and relaxing.

In your opinion, would a high dose be necessary to really accomplish a lot?

In your opinion, would a high dose be necessary to really accomplish a lot?
Not a overly high dose but i would say doing 3.5g would be good to dive deep enough though some lower doses like 2.5g helped me aswell was good to analyse my life for a few hours without been overwhelming. 4g really broke me down and left me feeling quite sad for most of the trip. Once you have had a deep trip then i would say start microdosing to extend the positive feelings for months to come.

Not a overly high dose but i would say doing 3.5g would be good to dive deep enough though some lower doses like 2.5g helped me aswell was good to analyse my life for a few hours without been overwhelming. 4g really broke me down and left me feeling quite sad for most of the trip. Once you have had a deep trip then i would say start microdosing to extend the positive feelings for months to come.

I've been wondering if microdosing on its own would accomplish anything for that reason.