• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drugs and your Significant Other

Being open minded doesn't mean that you need to be a regular drug user. A lot of men can't "handle their drugs", would you dissociate from them because they have a low natural tolerance for some drugs, just because of this reason? You sound like a sexist pig.

being open minded does not mean that you need to be a regular drug, it does mean that you may be willing to try new things such as new drugs.
yes i do dissociate from people who dont use drugs responsibly.
i dont know what your basing me sounding like a sexist pig on, but you might have a hard time explaining it to the woman i live with

i dont know what your basing me sounding like a sexist pig on, but you might have a hard time explaining it to the woman i live with

Why don't you explain this to her:

drugs use is a big part if not the biggest part of the relationship for me,

^ The fact that you think that is okay is where you fail the most IMO.

<girls> hate my drug use. To be fair though, I do use a lot and would consider myself an addict.

I would be mad impressed with any girl that could keep up with me, even trying is admirable.

Seriously it has pretty much ruined every relationship I've ever had and some times before I even have it, I would think a lot more than twice about dating any girl that isn't an addict now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you explain this to her:

^ The fact that you think that is okay is where you fail the most IMO.

not drug use per se but open mindedness to drug use
drugs are a large part of my life and if she isn't willing to embrace that then i am not going to have a relationship with her

Well your latest post is okay, but you've changed your tune a bit there buddy boy..

<girls> hate my drug use. To be fair though, I do use a lot and would consider myself an addict,

Just to clear it up, I didn't mean bitches in a derogatory way at all. It was more of a play on the whole "Bitches love cake" etc bullshit. It's like calling your mates cunt :) (or crackhead).

Last edited:
My current partner of almost 2 years had never touched a drug until she was with me. It was purely out of her own choice and curiosity. We smoke weed daily, have had the occasional mdma session and eaten a few trips here and there. These experiences bring us closer and help us bond, previous girlfriends were not so open minded haha, thank god my gf now is awesome as loves to get messy like me :)

lol yeah I think with the younger generations the term 'bitches' is never ment in an insulting or degrading way.. even though it does come across as extremely insulting...

I even got a few girly mates (they are in no way at all feral.. rarley sware, always use manners) that sometimes refer to chicks as 'bitchs' or 'some random bitch' themselves... guess that language would be fairly disgusting in alot of people eyes but as the years go by and different generations emerge, slang and terms have always changed in some way or slowly become acceptable (an exellent example of this is the word 'cunt' ;) )

great thread. Its certainly good for me(male) to these days have a girl that not exactyl straight edge but doesnt touch drugs. She certainly doesnt touch the pipe (ice) which i used to a bit. we have been together on again off again for 4 years and in those times i havent been with her ive binged on the pipe. we used to get into gear a bit (we had a big binge when mephedrone was around- fuck i miss that stuff) and mdma, speed , weed, but it would only be a weekend thing here n there (minus the mephedrone phase ahah). shes now gone off all drugs minus the odd benzo and hash cookie once in a blue moon which is certainly good as ive done alot of drugs and think there should be a used by date for me, as abuse has wrecked any effect a drug has on me anymore.
long story short- im glad my girl doesnt touch the stuff anymore which means i dont either.

I would never allow my GF (allow as in to the best of my efforts) to use addictive drugs as I know firsthand the pain and horror of addiction. I am still addicted now and life is barely worth living without my drugs and definately isnt worth living with them. Ive been clean two years by being on Sub maintenance.

By addictive drugs I guess I mean meth coke and opiates with myself addicted to opiates.

i love drops, my other half hates them. It sort of keeps me in a control in a way but it once in awhile it would be nice if she had a sesh with me

I've had relationships where I've hidden my drug use and ones where I'm open and honest.

The main issue I've come across though is usually cause I open up anout my using and my partner will start asking questions (if they haven't used) and get worried due to the depth of my knowledge. I've even had partners who have used more than me start acting worried cause they didn't realise I knew so much and though I was going to end up a dealer/cook. I don't get it though. I'd rather go over-informed than ignorant to what I am doing.

Personally, I am very thankful that my fiancé is so against the whole dope thing. I shiver with the thought of her ever getting into heroin like I am. That would be the death of me guaranteed. Most likely her too.

Re-distributed said:
The main issue I've come across though is usually cause I open up anout my using and my partner will start asking questions (if they haven't used) and get worried due to the depth of my knowledge. I've even had partners who have used more than me start acting worried cause they didn't realise I knew so much and though I was going to end up a dealer/cook. I don't get it though. I'd rather go over-informed than ignorant to what I am doing.

That is strange, seems like a funny assumption to make that just because you've done your research you're going to start cooking.

There seems to be a funny stigma against knowing about drugs and doing your research, that it's 'uncool' or something, or that you have an unhealthy obsession with them. I don't get it either, but lacking knowledge seems to be something too many people are proud of, as a quick trip to myspace or facebook would demonstrate...

Sometimes "knowing too much" can lead into an unhealthy obsession though. When you read, think, talk about drugs 24/7 it can sometimes consume your life so much that you start to believe that being high is normal. These type of people also become extremely one dimensional and tiring to be around. I have plenty of mates who when I catch up with them, all they talk about is how high they were/are/going to get. Boring and not exactly stimulating boyfriend material if you ask me.

That happens with any obsession though. I know some people that only talk about cars etc and they still end up getting married.. Fuck knows how. Drugs are far more interesting than cars and I like cars.