• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Drugs and the Gay community (merged threads)

well i'm not andy, i'm caige. and nothing about limpwristedness was even mentioned. that's what you associated with the word "fag". as i said, i used that word to hone in on a archetype, not a stereotype.

knoa- much plur, friend

Re: Meth and Gay Culture

if we all were able to free ourselves sexually in this society, there wouldn't be such an explosive meth circut.

On the same token, one could see why for a fag meth can be an addictive escape. If one can't incorperate the freedom Tina invokes into their life, they're probably doomed to either becoming dependant on her, or must choose to wave goodbye to such fearless exploration of such a repressed piece of themselves.

did you even READ the post???

There are also men who are effeminate yet they are totally straight. If you call them on it, they will have no idea what you are talking about. The way you act can sometimes be construed as a reflection of your sexuality--but not always. This is where the entire nature vs nurture thing begins and we wonder whether it is genetic or a choice or whatever... personally, like everything in life I think it is a combination of everything sprinkled with freewill.

This can be a good thing if you eventually stop using the drugs. Drugs can be a wonderful tool to seeing into yourself but when you become dependant on them then you have a problem. Not only that you smear the group in general--do you really want gay culture to be linked to tweekers?

Originally posted by caige
it can be ... if it's used with the right intention. but it's common to see a gay man call another gay man a "fag" with clearly hateful intention

Exactly. I myself am a Gay man and have seen that often. What most Straight people never see is the fact that, most of the more hateful things towards Gays come from Gays. It irritates me no end when I see Gay men scream about being treated like human beings and with the same breath deride one another for whatever reason.

On the topic. There is a website that was created by Gay men to address this very issue. For anyone that may (Gay or Straight) be dealing with this or know someone that is, I highly reccomend this site.

Link>>>Life or Meth<<<Link

Last edited:
Any homosexual trippers here?

As the title might imply yes I am gay myself. I am just curious to talk or share experiences with other people who are also homosexual and have tripped on anything or taken less psychedelic things like methylone. I've tried so many things myself but there's also a lot I haven't tried. It can be other drugs too. I just want to connect on that level or see other points of view closer to mine. Care to share anything? Later I can post a list of stuff I tried too if it helps.

ha, get lynched 'round my parts for that shit. dont be mad at me though, i wouldnt hurt somebody for their lifestyle.

Sorry, I'm straight, but the guy you wanna talk to is MattPD. He's our resident gay, drug expert. He used to be a mod for the drug basics forum until he quit.
It's too bad he quit because he really knows what he's talking about when it comes to drugs. He did a good job helping lots of people including myself.

you just like guys instead of girls, I see no reason for your psychedelic experience to be any different from that of a straight person

i think he's talking about if there's a drug culture in the gay community

The intimacy of a couple or maybe tripping of just two gay friends together. My friend shares moments or time alone or sexual things with his g\f and I just want to learn maybe more about that and other things. It's different for gay guys too. There's maybe more looseness of the emotions to show or the way they operate. How would I contact this friend of yours? MattPD. Is his name able to be found in this forum via search or did he leave totally including as a regular member? Yeah people do stupid shit to homosexuals and it's ignorant. It's worse too because the cops are prejudice too a lot of them so f%ck them too the ones that are. I've seen it too many times and that they do nothing. I am friends with a bi cop but he's more mortuary science. We dated briefly before he got into that as much. In this world I trust or rely on noone but myself. It is the safest for me I feel and it makes me feel safer than anything.

TrippedOutKid: I'm gay. In my limited experience the gay community as a whole is not interested in psychedelics. The drugs of choice for many gay guys in this area tend to be ketamine, GHB, Ecstasy and meth. In fact, crystal use is becoming almost epidemic. It's probably a gross over-generalization that I will come to regret saying, but I feel that much of the visible gay community is too caught up in the shallow, sex-driven, stimulant-fueled party scene to be prepared for the intensity and introspection afforded by the true psychedelic experience.

My drug repertoire is not huge. I occasionally take Ecstasy or mushrooms. It's quite rare, but sometimes I also use marijuana. I have had incredible experiences using MDMA with my partner and also in group settings with other gay guys. To be really honest though, the most fun times have been my MDMA experiences with straight people because I generally get to hang out with really great people at great events and all the bonding and social nature of MDMA go far beyond sexuality. The experience tends to transcend the actual or perceived barriers that I sometimes construct or feel when in a 'straight' environment.

My partner of over five years and I have tripped together several times, but it has become apparent that the psychedelic experience is not for him. Our trips always spiral in very different directions, and after two or three trips the psychedelic experience became very difficult for him. I'm more of a solitary tripper anyways, but again I have had great trips with small groups of good straight friends--ones I can trust implicitly.

Yeah I am used to seeing that but it's not me. I don't usually fit any stereotypes including that. Many peg homosexuals as having so much sex with so many guys or as being very sexual and drugged with the ones you mentioned. I would do things around other gay guys like myself but if it's sexual it's only with my guy. You can get deep and connect but that aspect is only meant for the special guy in my life. That is one thing that sets me aside from many others. I've tried quite a few like I said and have loved even the harder trips I've had. I like Methylone too and how it makes me respond to people and friends. I'd love to talk and make love with my boyfriend on that.

Sad thing is my baby has low blood pressure and he has had bad experiences in the past with a few drugs. Once he was in a coma for a day or two or almost died. He took a benzo and alcohol together. His friend did die though. This was before I met him. He is cautious and won't touch anyhing besides drinks in clubs and bars or marijuana. He likes to throw things to the ground when he's drunk which isn't often or sometimes almost falls. He also doesn't like to be told what to do by his brother when he's drunk. He doesn't and would never be hurtfull to me though and he's just playful when he's drunk, not aggressive which you might have been lead to believe with what I just said. I wish I could share those things with him but perhaps it's only a one of us kind of thing. What is having sex drunk or on pot feel like? I hear it can feel really good but sometimes it's hard to get it up on alcohol.

Well the term fag never bothered me or when someone calls something gay because it's similar to using the word queer which is slang for odd. Hence the name of the show Queer As Folk because a lot of gay people are really odd as is any other person. People are just fucked up basically. I am sick of homosexuals in-fighting and bashing each other too or making a bad image for the rest of us by behaving like animals or every homosexual being pegged as a sexual addict.

I never use the term 'nigga' or 'nigger' myself even though they don't necessarily mean someone that is black in my mind. It is just a unclean person maybe that might cheat you or steal from you or is a real bitch so to speak. There's is so much offense though because it is so close to the old proper name that used to be used for blacks and it is also spanish for black: 'negro'. I just don't use it because it is hateful either way and there's no reason for me too. Either way though if a black person uses it then they have no right to get pissed if someone calls them the same. Can't have it both ways man.

I totally understand the meth thing too because it is so close to ecstacy. You are somewhat right though in that a person should be able to be proud of who they are or come out without the drug but sometimes a person has overwhelming nervous disorders, like I have a nerve problem that makes me shake or have headaches now and then but not often since I control it. Sometimes it might be totally necessary.

As far as acting straight, well I myself and happy with who I am. I'm mostly half-half masc and fem. Not too much of both. It really annoys me thought the guys that lisp or scream or the wrists as you said. It's going too far and gets real annoying real fast. Plus I could never date a guy like that anyway. If I wanted to date a woman I would date one, not a guy who acts like one. I am gay damn it! lol. I love guys for what they are, not just for the body. To each his or her own though. Fuck just be yourself man! Don't try to impress anyone ever and don't try too hard to fit the stereotypical image of something you happen to be. Most stereotypes are bad so why would you ever want to live up to one? I highly value my uniqueness :).

As far as the use of insider terms such as "nigga" or "fag" that is exactly what they are, "insider terms." I am half Menominee Indian and we often refer to each other as "skins" or "injuns." It is essentially a reappropriation of the oppressor's language. It is empowerment (let's face it, language is a powerful device). It's not okay for others (whites on blacks, non-indians on indians, straights on gays, etc.) to use this type of language. It may seem unfair or hypocritical to some, but it is the way it is. If the terms hadn't been created in the vein of hate, oppression, and subjugation, it wouldn't be necessary for this process to take place. A great book to read is, "Reinventing the Enemy's Language." I highly suggest reading it for those of you frustrated with this perceived "double-standard." Chris Rock, I think, said it best (he was referring to the use of the N word), "Let's put it this way... if you have a stupid kid, it's okay to call him stupid, you are his parent, and there is an understanding there. If someone else calls your kid stupid, you want to smash his face in. You just can't do it."

Formerly: "Meth and Gay Culture" and "Any homosexual trippers out there"

I merged them because they have similar discussion tpoics and i think its just easier to have an 'all in one' thread than have a potential for numerous replica-type threads.

If anyone has a major gripe with the fusing, PM me and i'll reconsider :)

s0nic said:
Sorry, I'm straight, but the guy you wanna talk to is MattPD. He's our resident gay, drug expert. He used to be a mod for the drug basics forum until he quit.
It's too bad he quit because he really knows what he's talking about when it comes to drugs. He did a good job helping lots of people including myself.

Yup.

I'm here...I'm queer...I used to do a bunch of drugs...

But...how is being gay and doing drugs different than being straight and doing drugs...?

MattPD said:
I'm here...I'm queer...I used to do a bunch of drugs...

LMAO.

I am gay as well, and I find that most (but not all) other gay men have a very different taste in drugs than I. They love E and Meth and Coke. I hate stimulants (E included). I also love psychdelics and opiates. Most of them are not too fond of psychedelics, and are plain scared of opiates.

However while we're on the subject, I always wondered one thing:

Why is Ketamine so much more popular in the gay community than anywhere else?? I never got that. I mean the meth thing makes sense (sexlikerabbits, plus the reasons the original poster suggested). But I do not understand why Ketamine is so much easier to find if you are gay or have gay friends...