European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Drug test on Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's technically a clear violation of the rule, but it's been up for four days now. Shouldn't we take that as precedence set, drug testing questions now allowed?? lol

They are not, and the further this gets discussed the more quickly Sadie will close it (I'm not picking on her but she was the only EADD mod visable as online last time I checked). Just because they have more of a sense of proportion in EADD compared to most other forums doesn't mean that the rules have changed. I obviously didn't get my point across very well - the question was valid due to its specific context but the longer the thread gets the more chance it has of being closed. Bluelight doesn't allow folk to discuss how to cheat and beat drug tests, but the OP is not attempting either of these. I would say that the comment stating that testing questions are now allowed will probably find out that they most certainly are not as this will be jumped on for definite at this stage. It was a reasonable query about a legitimate concern, and now that Dan has been reassured multiple times I cannot see how this has not been closed.

Its a tough one Stee. You're right he's not saying "how can I keep smoking and still pass" but the very nature of posting about it at all suggests that drugs have been ingested that may cause the test to be failed.

I've no problem with it at all but sometimes I just don't quite get where "the powers that be" draw the line in the sand with these things. (or even if they do at all as oppose to just making it up as they go along). I mean we can either post drug testing questions or we can't.

Its a bit like "no price discussion" that turned into "some price discussion" or "no sourcing" that morphed into "mention the country of origin from the DN that gives away the source to everyone else who uses the DN"....

That sort of thing....

Its a tightrope G, and the BLUA is generally applied with some sort of proportionate context, such as the OP's question. Yes he has used drugs but a 3 month break to make sure that you are fit for a job at least demonstrates that he has already put into practise the only answer when asked how to pass a drug screen - stop using drugs.

It's just the whole 'different parts of BL have their own rules' rule you have to take into account.

Also how a mod feels on a particular day.

I'm just going to flat out say this blunt as fuck.

Why are you guys, who are not mods even concerned "should this be allowed", what are you the police?

First of all EADD used to be the most lax forum in the whole of BL. Like as in you could actually tell someone straight when their drug use was boardering on idiotic. Or it was not for them. Literally you would be called a cunt if you were acting one. And people were big enough characters to shrug it off - it's the Internet!

Then we went to some new approach of "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all"....and the forum went silent. Because most of us aren't about to start flat out lying to people who are fucking up constantly saying "oh but you'll get it this time" when they blatantly don't understand enough to be playing with fire without burning down the house in the process.

Back when I was still a novice user here, people like Evad, Treacle, Public//Enemy were always telling me "man don't be a fucking idiot. Wise up you fool. Flush that shit. Find a new hobby", it's called being real and a true friend. And I thank them all greatly for that as they saved my bacon many times in many situations before my problems got worse. By telling me not what I wanted to hear, but what I needed to hear.

What did the only say nice things achieve? Well you got someone who'd never heard of a drug a 6 month addiction because nobody actually stepped in and did what someone who really cares does, and tells you the actual truth of the matter and to fuck off and get a grip. Real friends don't just tell you what you want to hear.

It's unrelated but in my drug addled brain it felt worth mentioning the above. Which is the same kind of reason as the bit that's about to follow...

We're a forum of drug users, yes?We break rules everyday and laws everyday. The whole damn structure of society is against us.
We have people who nominated themselves to be moderators, soooo... maybe instead of upsetting yourselves over the most trivial of things, leave it to the mods. Chances are if its still up they probably realised the same as most sane people would dan88 has been posting here a long time and could do with some form of helpful answer before this gets brushed under the table.

I'll put it this way. What if you needed to know answer to the same question? would you not want some help rather than what I'm guessing is what, aspiring moderators, questioning "ahh is this ok I dunno man pushing it" blah blah.

Where would you post it? Likely on the drugs forum you frequent most perhaps? Where your likely (or not) to get a credible answer.

Now I'll ask you this. In your minds what is more important? Some rule which it is not your business even to be enforcing? Or that we can actually help one of our members here who needs some vital knowledge.

I'll tell you where my priorities would lie with that one and its not with rules being broken. It's with the actual people here who make up this place.

You think I give a shit if he asks a drug testing question?

edit: more importantly, you mad bro?

Last edited:
Fug I don't know where you are thinking that was directed at you in anyway, because it wasn't. I know full well this doesn't bother you.

And no, not mad at all. Just find it cringey people come to a drugs forum whimpering on about rules.
If you grew up around drugs and take drugs surely rules are not as important as fellow human beings, and members of the site getting a bit of useful advice?

Poor form aswell when you privately happen to agree with a lot of what I'm saying, yet what, you've gone PC on us in public now? lol :D

Last edited:
Don't give a shit either TBH....

Still feel as entitled as anyone to post about it though :)

I think you are all a bunch of cunts. So there. Especially FUBAR who owes me 20p for 2kilos of the finest Turkmenistanian Mexedrone.

Well I for one am glad it's been left up =D

And in good news, I passed as you all new I would :). The nurse beforehand nearly tricked me, said I better fess up if I've been smoking in the last 3 months cuz it'll show.. Was gonna say yes but didn't. Pisses me off though how the test is basically testing for weed over anything else. A waste of company money if you ask me

Well I for one am glad it's been left up =D

And in good news, I passed as you all new I would :). The nurse beforehand nearly tricked me, said I better fess up if I've been smoking in the last 3 months cuz it'll show.. Was gonna say yes but didn't. Pisses me off though how the test is basically testing for weed over anything else. A waste of company money if you ask me

That's great news mate. I'm made up for ya!!

So do you know when you'll start the job?

I actually started it today pal, well had the various inductions, a medical, and health and safety presentations. It was one of those instant tests they did

Ok so I'm a goody goody prick on the board while In real life I'm just a prick, but I would like the think that I at least have the insight into how many people would love to see this site off the internet.

Its the BLUA that allows the site to justify what it does so while its obviously not something that anyone with a brain would take seriously, as I am nothing more than a thick shallow twat that has a vested interest in this website which I have used as a HR and resource for drug information for 6 years before I actually started to 'contribute' towards the content. No I'm not a moderator so I shouldn't give a shit about what I write on here, but as a member (and by the looks of things the least welcome) I don't like see people getting infracted when 99% of the time they have something genuine to offer. The moderators manage to keep a largely hands off approach to the forum and only step in when absolutely necessary, so while I have no role in enforcing the BLUA I like to see the forum stay on track as their has been enough controversy on here over the last 12 months to last a lifetime and I'm sick and tired of being dragged into conflicts that I use the forum to avoid as I have enough if them in my real life. Ok so I may not have been posting when things were so perfect that the moderators never had to issue any infractions to members or edit posts, but that's my own loss that I missed such halcyon days and that it appears that keenos such as myself have ruined what was once a harmonious and solid community.

I apologise if anyone feels that my comments about the validity of the thread have been taken as being condescending or that people think that I am trying to 'enforce' a standard that I was under the impression that members can maintain by themselves, but while the consensus appears to be that I should just fuck off and keep my nose where it belongs, I can't get too negative about it as it is the members right to tell me to take a long walk off a short pier as it is perfectly acceptable under the BLUA and does not jepardise the site. I didn't make the rules, I have never tried to enforce them, but I understand how they protect the board from external criticism. I just try and highlight occasions where things are getting to close to the mark, which I have always done and will continue to do whenever I feel that it is necessary. I'm not here to score points, but I'm not here to piss people off either which I have obviously done today. The fact that the thread is still open makes me look an even bigger prick but as long as the focus is on what a crap member of the forum I am and off the drug testing debate then I have at least achieved something, though obviously not in the popularity stakes.

As for people being more important than rules, I would say that goes without saying. But as far as I could see, the OP had received the best advice possible from some of the most respected members on the forum, including a practicing registred nurse. I only added my comments when it was suggested that this partuclar topic was now free to discuss, which I pointed out was not and attempted to put into context why I thought that this particular thread had been allowed.

I apologise if people think that I am some sort of wannbee copper who cant even get a job guarding dogshit, but that is far from the case.

At the end of the day, I was adamant that this thread would be closed based on many previous experiences along similar lines, so for those who cannot or do not want to accept my apology - at least you have the satisfaction that nothing that I said would happen came to pass, so not only do I look like a right cunt but I could not have been more wrong as to how the thread has played out.

While I cannot see anyone accepting my apologies for taking such a trivial matter so seriously, its no excuse to not say sorry, for which I am.

Stee

Last edited:
Sorry Dan, ive been so selfish composing an epic backtrack on this mornings comments that I didn't spot your post come through - congratulations, and good luck with the new start.

Status
Not open for further replies.