• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

"Drug Slang of the Americas" (2022 ed.) — What is the slang in your area?

For historical interest I'd like to contribute a few old - timer (around 1930s - 50s) jargon examples that I'm fond of :

- Chinese needlework/embroidery = track marks, also the handling/distribution of narcotics
- ice cream habit = weekend warrior
- beat the gong = to smoke opium
- bull horrors = delusions of persecution by the police on part of a cocaine user
- flea powder = fake drugs
- yenshee baby = a brick shit due to opium-induced constipation
I don't remember Albert saying any of these terms when he was stealing morphine from Doc Baker.
:rofl:

I'd be especially grateful for contributions by any of our very own Québécois(e)

I gotchu.
I don't do coke but some people refer to snorting coke as "going skiing"(faire du ski)
Back when i used to smoke hash BTs we always referred to smoking BTs as "doing lead"(faire des plombs) cause the tiny bits of hash kinda looks like small lead beads.

That's all i can think of for the moment.

This is an oldie but I always liked "the A train" for acid.

And yes, black folks around here still call heroin hey-ron, which goes back to the 60s.
Haven't heard this in a few years, but some called cannabis gas.
Yeah weed is either tree or gas here mostly

Ice or crystal for meth
Coke is just coke or blow
Xanax is just xans or bars
Weed is grass tree or gas
MDMA is ecstasy or molly
Don't know about heroin
Pretty standard here in LA county

Was flagging yesterday and some dude called meth "twist" hadn't heard that one before.... Always called it ice, clear, crystal, shards, glass, but never heard of 'twist before

^^one of my favorite korn songs is called "twist". i know they were into meth. i don't know if that's what the song is about.

i remember when i was in high school kids used to like to say "E-bangers" or "bangers" for exctasy. "boomers" were shrooms. kids used to like to say "boomers" and "bangers". lol

I'm an old hippiebilly and I still like to refer to cannabis as reefer.

PS--
Back in the day, you might hear a TN country boy offer to sell you a "poke of reefer." (A bag of weed)

Last edited:
Small Town Texas
Everything I've commonly heard over the years.

Methamphetamine - ice, dope, T, Tina, ice cream, gofast

Cocaine - white girl, yay, fish scale , white

Xanx - barz, school buses, stix, zanz, 4barz, footballs,

Codeine/promethazine syrup- lean, Texas tea, muddy , purple sprite , double cup

Mexican brick weed - Reggie, shwag,kill

Mid grade weed- popcorn, mids,

High grade marijuana- bud, trees, green, smoke, hydro, kush, dank, fire

Crack cocaine - yellow stone ,rock

Extacey - rolls, beans, candy, xo, round things

Pcp - wet, sherm

Heroin - H, chicken, cheese, tar,

Mushrooms - shroomz, caps,

LSD- Lucy, blotter,

Vicodin - vikes, lortab,

MDMD - molly, Mandy,

High on methamphetamine - geeked up, tweaking, spun,

Last edited:
I've not seen anyone referring to crack as 'stone' but is that because it's now an old term?

Reminds me of UGK, "they call me mick jagger cuz I roll a lotta stone", lol

I've never heard of it referred to in that way either, usually in the northeast it's called "hard"

I'm an old hippiebilly and I still like to refer to cannabis as reefer.

PS--
Back in the day, you might hear a TN country boy offer to sell you a "poke of reefer." (A bag of weed)
Yup. I grew up in Maryland but there were alot of transplants from the south. " Poke-a-dope" was bag of weed. Here in New Mexico people seem to have no imagination, everything is just called what it is. And being 20 miles north of Mexico I had thought things would be more 'active'. Now I'm gonna go smoke a hogleg ;)

Lucy - LSD
Dex - Dextromethorphan
Nic - Nicotine
Cart - THC contained vapeable cartridge
Alc - Alcohol
Shrooms - Mushrooms

This is just what my buddies and I call these things.

Dippers, or The Dipper, also known as water (pronounced wooot-a) is a PCP dipped cigarette. I've also heard it referred to as embalming fluid. Because of that nickname, I know somebody who stole and smoked literal embalming fluid from a funeral home. He turned himself into a word that's not PC anymore.

Used heroin for 25yrs. I knew it was time to quit when dealer told me he had that good "dog food".

Say what bitch? I got a bag-a dicks and a smehgal sandwich for you to eat. Couldn't think of a more condescending term.

Fuckin' dogfood..

Last edited:
Vegetable?
LavishOrderlyKentrosaurus-max-1mb.gif

I'm hoping that a lot of people contribute words, so we get a broad sampling of current drug slang from across the Americas... Ideally, we'll see how language differs between social groups from the same city, states/provinces in the same country, and continents of the same hemisphere.

In that spirit, non-English drug slang you wish to post is more than welcome here. Any spoken language of the Western Hemisphere (past or present) is fair game... I'd be especially grateful for contributions by any of our very own Québécois(e), West Indian, and latinoamericano/a Bluelighters.

So, tell us... What's the drug slang like where you live right now? Hmm...?

Hmm—?!
I’m from Seattle too lol