• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

"Drug Slang of the Americas" (2022 ed.) — What is the slang in your area?

JTemperance

Bluelight Crew
I'm hoping that a lot of people contribute words, so we get a broad sampling of current drug slang from across the Americas... Ideally, we'll see how language differs between social groups from the same city, states/provinces in the same country, and continents of the same hemisphere.

In that spirit, non-English drug slang you wish to post is more than welcome here. Any spoken language of the Western Hemisphere (past or present) is fair game... I'd be especially grateful for contributions by any of our very own Québécois(e), West Indian, and latinoamericano/a Bluelighters.

So, tell us... What's the drug slang like where you live right now? Hmm...?

Hmm—?!

Last edited:
OK, how about I go first... [EDIT: Oops, too slow!]

In my city of Seattle WA, hard drugs are usually known by the one-word attribute that seems to best define a given substance:

+ That attribute is color for the ones most commonly used— Black = tar heroin | Clear = crystal meth | Blues = fentanyl presses.​
+ For some, like cocaine, it is the drug's consistency in a given form— Hard = crack cocaine | Soft = powder cocaine.​
+ While for others, it is their shape or texture— Bars = benzo presses | Shards = crystal meth | Rock = crack cocaine.​
+ For still more, it is a customary "brand name" on the illicit market— Spice = synthetic cannabinoids | China = fentanyl powder.​
+ And for some, it is real brand or generic name— Subs = BUP/NX strips | Done = methadone liquid | K-pins = clonazepam pills.​
+ BONUS: A couple of more creative ones that fell out of use— Nighttime = tar heroin | Go-Fast = crystal meth.​

Last edited:
Some random slang I remember from early 2000s:

"Tickets" (to Zanzibar Island) - xanax

"Death", "Beat" - heroin

"Boomers" - shrooms

Coke was "white" or "yay", meth was just glass or crystal

We had some silly other slang but i cant seem to remember

I still remember being ridiculed in CD a few months ago for using the term Kind Bud :ROFLMAO:

We'd call the Mexican brick shitweed Schwag.

I've mainly been a pot head, so I don't have much experience with the names of other drugs. Although when I was messing around with tar, we called it Black. Well my friend would also say he wanted a burger when he was fiending for Black. I always thought booger was more fitting.

I still remember being ridiculed in CD a few months ago for using the term Kind Bud :ROFLMAO:

We'd call the Mexican brick shitweed Schwag.

I've mainly been a pot head, so I don't have much experience with the names of other drugs. Although when I was messing around with tar, we called it Black. Well my friend would also say he wanted a burger when he was fiending for Black. I always thought booger was more fitting.
da kine

if you were going to get coke in NYC and lived in NJ, you were "going over"

a "toot" - that's whatever you're snorting your yay with - go get your own toot

if we all got the same amount of coke, and you finished yours first, and then you're looking at me and my pile, you're a fuckin "Joneser", and im not hanging out with you again

England UK- Heroin is mainly just called "gear" or brown in my area.
Weed usually "green".
Coke- sniff or Charlie.
Diazepam- blues or yellows or benz
Xanax- Xans or bars. I personally like to call em Zanzebars. I'm hoping to get it trending...
Buprenorphine- subbies, subs.
Etizolam and flubrazopam and other rc benz the locals call Valium hahaha. Because they just don't know.

Yeah not a lot of cryptic shit going on but that's only my experience of course.

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!

Boston, MA

Kid, I'm wicked fucking jammed.

Kid = A generally well-known friend

Wicked = Very much so

Jammed = Extremely high on Heroin but still coherent, think, folding in half on the sidewalk as you try to walk.

Dope = Heroin, but those over 60 refer to Cannabis as dope and to a lesser extent, any drugs other than Alcohol

Packie = Package store or Liquor store

Johnnies (Johnny Bravos) Gabapentin (Neurontin) almost always used by junkies to deal with sickness

The Acre = an acre lot of Lowell where gangs often centralize and drugs can thus be found

Appleton Street = Where the players play, home to the Mayfair hotel where the hookers play

Hard/Soft = Crack and Powder Cocaine respectively

In Baltimore anyway, the two primary drugs are crack and heroin, called "girl" and "boy" respectively. The rest of the slang in the DMV generally is pretty similar to what others have posted.

Here's a little bit of en-español drug slang from Mexico & the US, most of which I learned at the knee of my friendly heroin/meth retailer. . .

> Jale ("work"[=noun]): The term refers to drugs in general, the way "dope" does in the Western US or "gear" does (IIRC!) in the UK. My dealer said that, in his experience, this one is the most common slang term used in the drug biz at present, making you understood in every region/state of Mexico as well as the North.

> Pura mayonesa ("pure mayonnaise"): This is what my dealer's supplier called the tan powder #4 heroin that he had last fall, which I enjoyed (the name and the product). But puro/a is used for emphasis widely, not only for drug-related topics. . . e.g., puro pinche ____ ("pure fucking ____"), pura chingada (≈ "jack shit"), etc.

> Perlada ("pearly"[=color]) and Hache de oro ("golden 'H'") were other names that his higher-up dealers gave to H#4, to distinguish it from–
> Chiva negra ("black she-goat"), referring to tar, which translates to brea or alquitrán (also BTH slang terms in theory) and–​
> China blanca ("China white"), referring to fentanyl primarily nowadays, especially in border cities like Tijuana & Cd. Juárez.​

> Crico (or Cri-cri): This is a local "TJ" slang term for meth that my dealer picked up while he was visiting there courtesy of ICE Airways. Cristal seems most popular nationally, but sometimes it's simply meta, while in former times it might've been vidrio ("glass").

> Polvo ("powder"): This seems to be the most common word used for cocaine around here, freebase being called piedra or just crack. ("Mis Tres Animales" is timeless, but I think el perico has flown the coop, possibly taking el gallo with him, and even la chiva has been going by her apellido!)

> Mota ("speck" i.e. "mote"): It's an old word (but still newer than hip terms from the 1890s like marijuana) and it seems to be hanging on. But the weed market in Mexico appears to be getting increasingly stratified, with an expansion of the consumer vocabulary to match. . . not that I have any examples at hand.

Melbourne Australia

Hot= #4 China White heroin (not laced with fent)

Slow= heroin

Cold= Crystal meth

Shard= Crystal meth

Ice= Crystal meth

Fast= amphetamines/Speed

Eccies= ecstasy.

Drink= liquid GHB.

Juice= GHB