• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Drug czar: No state can nullify federal marijuana ban

I wish they would stop fucking referring to this person as the "drug czar". We don't live in imperialist Russia.

I find the term very appropriate. The anti-drug system built into the US government seems to be totally anti-democracy. If people vote with their behavior, drug use is almost 100% supported. But the gov. forbids it anyway, ignoring the will of the citizens. It is very much like a dictatorship, and the drug czar is the one to make decisions based completely on some political agenda, rather than science or the will of the people.
(But I agree with your post in every other way!)

It also shows that the government is a monolithic and mechanical entirety whose machinations have no respect for what is in the will of the people or the people's best interest, it will forever be locked onto running its drug war script. Obama sounded so promising with his campaign, but he is one of the most disappointing presidents of all time. At least George Bush never purported himself to be some intelligent maverick. Obama is just a sell out, he is massivly lobbied, and completely under the control of big business.

If that is the case then explain how on earth was abortion ever legalized or remained legal in the USA? You would assume that big business (eg. the early labor capitalists) were anti-abortion because they wanted an endless source of cheap labor. Big business are not in favor of abortion are they? I thought they were largely opponents of legal abortion.

It's one question that has always stumped me. I consider myself a pro-choicer even though I do disagree with it on a personal level. I consider that my rights are my own and that other's belong to them and cannot be taken away regardless of the motives of those who want to remove those choices.