View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dried peyote dosage?

piku_playground

Bluelighter
I've been looking around online and can't seem to find any good information on peyote dosage. I know each plant can vary widely on mescaline content depending on age but I'd like to know a ball park of how much I should take.

I have taken san pedro once before on a 12" cutting and had a moderate trip. CEVs were geometric designs and OEVs were bleeding and enhanced color. Mood was both sad and euphoric at the same time. Trip was similar to what others experience in moderate dosage.

So I bought a quarter (7g) of dried peyote buttons a month ago. The girl didn't have much info to give me on them but said her friend took half (3.5g) of what she sold me and had a body high. Not sure how accurate that info is. I was thinking about taking all 7g but I'm not sure if it will be too much. I'm pretty comfortable taking them but I will be alone outdoors so I'd like to only take a heavy dose if I know that I will be completely alone and away from any trails or groups of people.

If anyone doesn't have information on dosage of dried peyote buttons but HAS taken them, please post how much you took and what your experience was like. It would be nice if this thread could educate others about dosage as well.

I have taken it, but I didn't measure them. but it sounds like 3.5 is not enough. I'd go with 7 g.

I don't think you're at risk at all for having too much peyote... if there is such a thing. It's good medicine, eat up!

According to erowid the average mescaline concentration of dried peyote is 4%, so you're looking at about 280 mg of mescaline in 7g peyote. Obviously there is variation but I doubt it will be an unmanageably large amount whatever happens.

I sure hope these were not wild harvested, but I bet they were.

You should feel ashamed for contributing to the extinction of a species.

But I'm sure you just want TO GET HIGH NOW!

First off join www.peyoteway.org

start growing your own to replace the ones your eating

and eat ALL OF THEM

Thank you for the responses. I'm going to take the 7g.

and eat ALL OF THEM

And I don't think you have the authority to judge whether or not these were wild harvested. Arizona has many NAC members using peyote and I would not be surprised if these came from a nearby town where I know it is practiced a lot.

Ya the shit-ass NAC wild harvests them like retards, they are helping destroy their own religion.

Join www.peyoteway.org

The only responsible Peyote Church which grows it's own.

Peyote is listed as Apparently Secure by the TNC. It's not going extinct any time soon.

Which is bullshit.

The government wants us to harvest peyote to extinction.

While there may be some peyote left in parts of Mexico the peyote in the USA is hurting...

check out the CCI

if you don't believe me

and please donate some money, as i have and help the cause

http://www.cactusconservation.org/

Mods, PLEASE perma-ban already... every single thread that Teo touches turns into an argument between him and the general public, and without fail derails the thread. Please. For the sake of Bluelight.

and eat ALL OF THEM

Man it really sucks, because this forum could actually use more people with botanical knowledge. And instead of just being friendly and hanging around to share any knowledge he might have on these types of subjects, Teo feels he needs to behave in a manner that is essentially intolerable to anyone.

So I am taking the peyote tomorrow but I'm still having some frustrations with dosage.

Online research makes it seem like 7g is a lot and people talk about taking 3-5 buttons. I have 14 dried buttons the size of nickles weighing 7g. Anyone else have any input? I'm sure I don't have to worry about overdose. I'm fine with strong experience.

I ate 22 grams of dried peyote this weekend and have yet to feel like I've had a full trip. I tried 3 times before that with dosages of 10-15 grams. At about hour 5 I supplemented with mushrooms or 2c-I in the earlier attempts and my next will be with 30g. Eat all that you have and if it's 'too much' it'll be just right. ;)
Erowid says 10-20grams is light dose. I suspect my peyote is simply weak, I hope yours is better.

P.S. The supplemental trips where phenomenal in there own right, definitely more then just a mushroom or 2c-i trip however not purely Peyote either.

OH, I apologize for the crude slaughter of baby peyote by mexicans who I am not affiliated with. I feel bad... I think I will look into this Peruvian torch... anyone know if it or San Pedro grows faster?

Last edited:
Your post makes sense. I took all 7g and didn't trip at all. I had a light sedative effect which was annoying as I was hiking/wading upstream in this lonely desert river. I felt very indifferent and apathetic so after a few hours I drove home. The drive back was pleasurable but it was probably just the environment.
Though I did get home five hours after consuming the peyote and started feeling light euphoric feeling and goofiness. Seemed like it may have done a little then.

Either way... I'm sticking with san p from now on unless I'm doing peyote at a ceremony.

Peyote in the wild is rapidly becoming extinct.

indeed and the OP is contributing to the death of a species in the wild just so he can get high on peyote with little respect or intent.

Yeah teo seriously.. All you have to do is include the facts you are sharing in your post and move on. Why do you need to present what you are saying in an irrational, argumentative, and troll induced way?

Unless you're just an asshole. 8)

Also, the use of peyote without growing some to replace everything you eat is un-realistic and virtually impossible for a LARGE number of people, considering it takes time, money, effort, and oh yeah, did i say time? as in years to grow anything worth eating..

I have two dried buttons at 2.5 grams also i have three still growing. This is my personal collection that i've had now four years. I foolishly experimented once at the start of my endeavor with 3 buttons each with a friend which resulted only in us then breaking out some shrooms as the mescaline content hadn't been high enough.

With such conflicting reports, and word of mouth i was lulled into believing that 3 would be enough, now i wonder if 9 or 10 will be enough?

They are medium sized buttons a little bigger than one of those old silver dollars.

How many grams of dried buttons does it take? I also have about 50 grams of san pedro powder, anybody here not an novice & with experience eating peyote & san pedro?