• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dramamine kicked my ass harder than any LSD, Shroom, or RC experience...

Actually on one high dose LSD experience I had when I was a young'un, I saw little ants or spiders of some sort crawling on my skin for a bit, but then they disappeared once I realized that they were just a hallucination. But, I had been up tripping hard all night, so sleep deprivation was definitely a contributing factor.

Yeah, last time I had a really good 2c-e trip (in October) I thought ants were eating my cigarette stubs in my ashtray for a second. Then I was like whaaat that doesn't make sense lol it's just random spots I'm seeing.

Dramamine is horrible. The one time I tried it, I took eighteen dramamines (generic brand). All I saw were ghosts- real hallucinations, not visuals. Each ghost had their own detailed characteristics and they would hover around before me eyes, then bolt off. I saw one ghost or multiple ghosts at any given time, and they seemed to come and go as they pleased. The hallucinations are not what made it horrible, although they were alarming. What made it horrible was the fact that my legs could not sit still for the life of me. I had to be walking around or standing the whole time. It was a very uncomfortable feeling. I literally could not sit still for more than a few seconds without having an overwhelming feeling of discomfort.

Last edited:
Yes deliriants suck.

Every one learns at some stage in their life that having no drugs is better than having delirium inducing drugs. It could have been worse, be thankful for that.

If you were that desperate to trip you should have just eaten some morning glory seeds. Screw deleriants. 50mg of diphenhydramine taken for allergies rapes my memory. I imagine 2g could cause serious lasting damage.

What blows my mind is that some people actually enjoy this kind of thing. I just don't understand them. DPH what I would call an anti-recreational drug. Lol

To the OP, Thanks so much for sharing what you have, it's really good to have this kind of information and perspective available and shared though a community like this.

I guess it's another really important lesson to remember that what the pharmaceutical companies put on the labels is total sales pitch based crap , imagine going in to the doctors or the chemist to get some of that stuff for travel sickness and they provided a copy of your trip report to read first before they would supply it to you. HAHAHAHA.

Thanks again for sharing your experience with such great clarity and open honesty.

Peace bro

webby

Wow dude that is a very intense sounding trip, however I'm glad you came back to us with the rising of the sun.

Great story for anyone (such as myself) who is considering trying these substances. Combined with the stories my mother told me about using Dramamine, I think i'm going to be avoiding this one and deliriant's in general.

Sounds a lot like datura, which was the worst drug I've ever done without a doubt. Definitely won't be trying this one any time soon.

This stuff is related to Datura. There is nothing beneficial in doing it.

Stop eating, drinking water and sleeping for a week and you'll get the same result.

Be careful with this stuff? More like, don't ever take more than you're supposed to for nausia.

It is not a trip.

What blows my mind is that some people actually enjoy this kind of thing. I just don't understand them. DPH what I would call an anti-recreational drug. Lol

Yes, I'm one of those people.

Well, kinda :D

For a time I thouroughly enjoyed the combination of DXM and Diphenhydramine, usually 500-600mg DXM and up to 500mg Diphenhydramine. Regarding Diphenhydramine there's an important factor considering dosages: 500mg Diphenhydramine is equal to about 1000mg Dimenhydrinate because Dimenhydrinate = Diphenhydramin + Theophyllin (inactive in terms of hallucinogenics).

Those trips were really great most of the time. Amazing, super realistic OEVs and even more realistic CEVs that would take me to whole other worlds. Of course there were also spiders and such things but they never bothered me. I guess it was the DXM that somehow took the fear that otherwise would have surely faced.
I once took this combination with a friend and because I'm overweight it hit him way harder than me. He also forgot that he was taking drugs, saw people everywhere and was speaking to them. I was sitting in front of the computer for 20 minutes without hearing anything from him. When I asked him what he was up to he said that he'd like to talk to me but he wouldnt want to interrupt the talk with the guy right next to me...When we went outside for a moment, he chased down a street and tried to show me the gigantic amoeba that was crawling down the street. Afterwards we had to enter the house through a dark corridor where he suddenly stopped because someone was standing in front of him...

Unfortunately I had to stop this kind of thing because the DXM side-effects were becoming far to severe and the last trips were mostly dominated by puking.

EDIT: Oh I've totally forgotten to comment on the trip report. I guess your main problem was the dosage. 1000mg Dimenhydrinate already is a pretty strong dose but 2000mg without a sitter was unresponsible, especially with no real experience to fall back on.
But thanks for the report. I think it presents how powerfull DPH really can be and that it should be underestimated.

Last edited:
For a time I thouroughly enjoyed the combination of DXM and Diphenhydramine, usually 500-600mg DXM and up to 500mg Diphenhydramine.

You, good sir, are a braver soul than I. I think I would drop dead if I took that combination.

^^^^^^^thatttt, and 2.4 grams of dramamine is fuckin unreal... why? hahah, I remember my first real and last experience with deliriants: Benadryl (something like 16 caps, i forgot what they're dosed at but i knew at the time) and the anti-choleric (sp?) effects of it made my legs so restless I couldn't sleep, and the only "hallucenation" i got was thinking i saw a "Power-C Vitamin Water" on my desk... but it wasn't there.... fuck deliriants.

I haven't done any drugs in over 15 months, but I barely remember my dramamine trips. I did them pretty often, and now i do not remember why. One night I took 30 and it hurt so bad to move, it was the most painful experience of my life. I think i get flashbacks from it, because sometimes i get that feeling again. but i could be wrong. It kicked my ASS. I don't remember what I was thinking throughout my trip, or anything like that. like i said ive been clean for 15 months. but it was honestly TERRIBLE. when i would do drugs, i always challenged myself to do more and more. and it sucked. I had a lot of drug problems. but this was the worst for me. it feels like youre in hell. every little move you make is like the worst pain you have ever felt. i dont remember what it was like on smaller dosages. but its just not a fun drug, at all. its honestly not worth it. Its a bad trip. I just remember thinking i was over dosing and dying. and its scary. adn even when youre lying still, you feel the need to move because you are so uncomfortable. its the worst thing ever. I couldnt sleep on it until i started coming down. so i was just lying awake wanting to move because of the extreme uncomfortablitly and wanting to stay still because of the extreme pain of moving. do not try this, and im not saying that because drugs are bad for you, which they are, dont get me wrong. but im saying this because it was honestly the worst experence of my life.

its actually really good, i think. but easy to get out of control with. I took a box of dxm (16) and 20 dramamine tabs (or whatever you call them). I had a great time. but its VERY dangerous. It makes you do dumb shit. i wondered into a pool at the peak of my trip and walked around for a while as i was told. you really loose yourself in the trip. most of the time when i trip, i know im tripping and can control it pretty good. but i completely lost myself.

I would like to point out that that is a very, very high dose, it is not surprising that it kicked your ass a bit.

its actually really good, i think. but easy to get out of control with. I took a box of dxm (16) and 20 dramamine tabs (or whatever you call them). I had a great time. but its VERY dangerous. It makes you do dumb shit. i wondered into a pool at the peak of my trip and walked around for a while as i was told. you really loose yourself in the trip. most of the time when i trip, i know im tripping and can control it pretty good. but i completely lost myself.

You can 'control it pretty good' but walked into a fucking pool? Does it even need mentioning how insanely dangerous and potentially fatal falling into water whilst incapacitated by an anticholinergic deliriant could be?!
Harm reduction: don't fuck with ACEi's, okay kids?

Actually, this thread has prompted me to ask a question that I've been wondering about for a while.

Does anyone else here experience massively idiosyncratic reactions to ACEi's like Diphenhydramine and Promethazine?

I personally cannot use them as they induce full blown delirium at therapeutic levels
40mg of Promethazine has me trying to kill the hordes of spiders (another question: why is it always spiders?! Why not butterflies? To misquote HP) that erupt from every surface whilst a bear/dog hybrid sits in my back garden for 2 hours.
50-100mg DPH has me hiding under the covers from the gang of demonic shadow creatures that have climbed through my bedroom window to kill me as horrendous wounds appear on my hands, becoming more gruesome with every second spent looking at them.

I deal with intermittent psychosis but this feels entirely different and only lasts as long as the drug is in my system so I don't believe it is simply an induction of latent psychoses.

Actually, this thread has prompted me to ask a question that I've been wondering about for a while.

Does anyone else here experience massively idiosyncratic reactions to ACEi's like Diphenhydramine and Promethazine?

I personally cannot use them as they induce full blown delirium at therapeutic levels
40mg of Promethazine has me trying to kill the hordes of spiders (another question: why is it always spiders?! Why not butterflies? To misquote HP) that erupt from every surface whilst a bear/dog hybrid sits in my back garden for 2 hours.
50-100mg DPH has me hiding under the covers from the gang of demonic shadow creatures that have climbed through my bedroom window to kill me as horrendous wounds appear on my hands, becoming more gruesome with every second spent looking at them.

I deal with intermittent psychosis but this feels entirely different and only lasts as long as the drug is in my system so I don't believe it is simply an induction of latent psychoses.

DPH is essentially useless to me now as a sleep aid due to similar problems. I don't have full blown hallucinations at 50-100mg but I do end up re-living pretty much the same set of circumstances which led me to stop taking it.

- I will get drowsy and lay down. When I start to doze off I'll have brain zaps. I'll see flashes of light behind my eye lids and startle awake.
- Once that starts going on I'll find myself begin somewhat stimulated by the DPH, though I'll continue to doze and startle awake for some time.
- If I don't sleep and get out of bed everything takes on the feeling of begin evil. It's hard to describe but it feels like you're in a horror movie I guess. I'm constantly on alert and find it impossible to relax.

Now if I do go to sleep I end up in a bad way;

I'll have an episode that pretty much always plays out the same way. I will become afraid for my life, for what reason I don't know. I just think there is something in the room with me. I'll try to flee from it but I am totally blind and find it hard to move. Gravity feels like it's turned up and I feel like I'm under water. I also feel like I'm really dissociated and that at any moment I could just slip away forever.

So in that state I end up attempting to seek out help. I'll call out for help but my yell is reduced to a whisper and I can barely make the words come out. If I'm at home I'll be crawling up the stairs on all fours towards the bedroom of my roommate. When I do eventually crawl all the way up there I'm instantly transported back to my bed. This series of events repeats over and over again until I wake up many hours later in a cold sweat.

I've had this same type of episode in two different locations. At home and two times while visiting family. I am unsure if I'm just dreaming the events or if I'm sleep walking. At any rate no one has even mentioned my waking them in the middle of the night so I'm assuming I'm just dreaming all this and it brings on some form of sleep paralysis in me.

Eventually I stopped taking it all together and advise others not to.