• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DPT vs DMT, intensity and readiness

I'm saying that there is a possibility it can be dangerous and that death CAN occur in some people. I'm not saying this drug kills everyone who takes it and that it hurts everyone in some way, I'm saying that there is a RISK. the post I responded to said you cannot die from DPT, and I wanted to correct them.

jedahhans I'm very sorry to hear that you lost your friend. For the sake of safety, could you share any details about this incident? Do you happen to know how much he took, how he took it, if any other drugs were involved, if he had any medical conditions, what happened specifically to cause his death?

Sorry to probe with these questions, I hope it isn't too raw to ask. Thank you for any information you can share, it might prevent something bad from happening to someone else.

I insufflated DPT once. It was crazy. 75 Mgs. Strongest drug I have ever done. Way beyond words. I have not tried 5-meo-dmt for the record. Be careful with this one. I haven't really been able to trip on it again after that. 75 mgs was enough for ten years of my life. I will consider smoking it, but it contains way to much knowledge. It is very profound, but will shatter your reality.

NN-DMT - 3 times not in ayahausca (in aya ten times) - it is very short, out of this world, but not with the length of DPT. You are just in and out. Much less intense.

Not sure if that was the 'Minnesota teen' and I'm sorry for your loss, but if so the lack of experience and very tall order of DPT placed may indicate that a huge dose was eyeballed. (No it appears that case was longer ago, but a similar story may be behind it?)

You can OD on a lot of things that way because it pushes the limits of your therapeutic index even if that isn't small, but it doesn't really tell you about the risk when taking a regular dose and even less when a normal dose is titrated towards.

Such tragic accidents are of course absolutely horrible and I sympathize. Just be careful not to jump to conclusions out of outrage and hurt, more information is needed about the exact circumstances. If those say a healthy person taking no medications just died from a not too unreasonable dose then I am of course still perfectly willing to accept that DPT can be dangerous even when taking precautions.

Speaking of 5-MeO-DMT, that one can be quite dangerous I think, when taken with MAOIs just like I suppose other 5-MeO-trypts may be.

fwiw, no DPT certainly isn't light on either body on mind and can feel downright dodgy on the body. I'd say at regular doses that is still benign, but at very high doses it would not be a big surprise if it's not safe. Claiming it's impossible to die from it certainly does not turn out correct, unfortunately I think that is true for a good number of psychedelics but most of those may still be used with reasonable safety if taken with proper care.

Last edited: