View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DPT vs DMT, intensity and readiness

seagal26

Bluelighter
I have a special relationship with DMT, which so far has involved not consuming any. I am satisfied with this relationship for now. I plan to use DMT in the future, just not quite yet.

I am interested in using DPT. I understand that DPT is in the league of DMT in terms of effects. I am more interested in using DPT for a few reasons:

• Ease of dosing DPT hcl vs mimosa hostilis
  • It's not DMT
  • It is an intense tryptamine
  • It's not DMT

Is this illogical? More to the point, I don't think I'm interested in ayahuasca just now. I am interested in doing a line of DPT or two, and mixing the DPT I have with some other substances. I'm a little curious what people think of this.

Last edited:
I have a special relationship with DMT, which so far has involved not consuming any. I am satisfied with this relationship for now. I plan to use DMT in the future, just not quite yet.

I am interested in using DPT. I understand that DPT is in the league of DMT in terms of effects. I am more interested in using DPT for a few reasons:

• Ease of dosing DPT hcl vs mimosa hostilis
  • It's not DMT
  • It is an intense tryptamine
  • It's not DMT

Is this illogical? More to the point, I don't think I'm interested in ayahuasca just now. I am interested in doing a line of DPT or two, and mixing the DPT I have with some other substances. I'm a little curious what people think of this.

if it wasn't for DMT, I probably never would have thought in the now about how crazy awesome this album actually is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strictly_4_My_Niggaz even

prepare yourself for realization of how neat the world actually is.

Actually I don't know that DMT has anything to do with that, but I wonder ... it hasn't changed my perspective *too* much if it has-- I still occasionally hate the world. The world was nothing to hate or love when I did DMT, it was just something that I was connected both physically and mentally to and those connections ran deep. That depth was just a perception of something that can't really be seem and for a minute I could feel it even though I was only entertaining a theory.

I also had hallucinations that involved aliens which is apparently common and intrigues me. Having a vine growing inside of your brain ... because I consumed what I could imagine very well may be it's defense mechanism--DMT and it was propagate itself parasitically through me. This was not just any alien species, but an alien species of vine that evolved from a Cthulhu in the jungle.

In my opinion, things that can make me feel this way deserve a special relationship. Not sure what constitutes special; vicarious? Is vicarious illogical? I definitely didn't intend to allow for the propagation of an alien species inside of my brain.

if it wasn't for DMT, I probably never would have thought in the now about how crazy awesome this album actually is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strictly_4_My_Niggaz even

prepare yourself for realization of how neat the world actually is.

Actually I don't know that DMT has anything to do with that, but I wonder ... it hasn't changed my perspective *too* much if it has-- I still occasionally hate the world. The world was nothing to hate or love when I did DMT, it was just something that I was connected both physically and mentally to and those connections ran deep. That depth was just a perception of something that can't really be seem and for a minute I could feel it even though I was only entertaining a theory.

I also had hallucinations that involved aliens which is apparently common and intrigues me. Having a vine growing inside of your brain ... because I consumed what I could imagine very well may be it's defense mechanism--DMT and it was propagate itself parasitically through me. This was not just any alien species, but an alien species of vine that evolved from a Cthulhu in the jungle.

In my opinion, things that can make me feel this way deserve a special relationship. Not sure what constitutes special; vicarious? Is vicarious illogical? I definitely didn't intend to allow for the propagation of an alien species inside of my brain.

Somehow even on 4-aco-dmt I tripped that I was a fly, hearing the bomberman summary screen music seemed appropriate like theme music. But I was a fly in a highly advanced fly world-- I even had fly vision. This was my last 20mg dose of 4-aco-dmt... I was riding that feeling for as long as I could it was interesting. I've only ever been able to have good experiences like that laying down....it's not really a drug I would take and expect to enjoy while being social or feeling obligated to talk to anybody or do anything except lay down and accept my world for what it is. I get dizzy on DMT and 4-aco-dmt anyway. Can't wait to try DPT.

Last edited:
I love both DPT and DMT, I feel they are both very special substances. They have similarities but are also a bit different. DPT can put me in a space similar to DMT for a while. Both have removed me from my body but it's very hard for me to quantify the differences in words. They each have the ability to remove your head and set it aside for a while.
Make no mistake, DPT is quite intense at the right dosage. As anyone on here would recommend, find that level gradually.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by:

• It's not DMT
  • It's not DMT

If you're thinking that you may not be quite mentally prepared for DMT, I don't think DPT is going to be much gentler. Admittedly, my only experience has been with DMT but from the fair bit that I've read on DPT it has the same exact capacity to shatter ones ego.

Your other reasons are completely sound though, of course I can understand the ease of convenience factor!

If you have a strong interest in these drugs, you should go for it. Know that whatever happens you're not going to die during the experience, though it may feel like it on the come-up! Or unless something extremely weird happens, but that's what allergy tests and MAOI avoidance are for ;)

Maybe I should add that I actually chose DMT over DPT to reintroduce an inexperienced friend to psychedelics. It just seemed a more forgiving substance in this particular case. Take this for what it is worth though.

I honestly havent tried DPT yet, but am familiar with it, and it is my understanding it is one of the strongest trips around. Right on the same level with dmt, definitely, plus increased duration and maybe even increased negative side effects. Honestly, I dont think there are many who arn't ready for dmt, well maybe put it like this, I dont think there is any one who is ready for dmt. I know I wasnt when I first tried it, but I still had one of the most beautiful experiences of my life. When i smoked dmt on new years it was my 7th session and I still had to deal with some serious nervousness and reservations about it. But once your in their world....

BUT if you want to try a less intense tryptamine I would recommend any of the 4-substituted trytamines (mushrooms, 4-aco-dmt, 4-aco-dipt, 4-aco-mipt, the list goes on). Especially as you increase the dose they will take you to the tryptamine world, and by the time you get to 7 grams of mushrooms or so I can gurantee you you will have a trip that peaks for 6 hours and is stronger then 50 mg of dmt smoked until you start coming down then

edit: just reread the op and saw that you were asking for a less intense experience, my mistake. In that case I recommend a low dose of mushrooms or some other 4-substituted tryptamine, say on the level of 1-3 grams of mushrooms. This will produce an almost ayahuasca-light trip last 4-6 hours that is very controllable without ever being overwhelming.

If I could smoke the DMT I would certainly consider it, but it's in root bark form and I don't have the equipment for an extraction. It's on my list of things to do. I plan to take the DPT intranasally starting with two 25mg doses spaced apart. This sounds comfortable to me.

Mushrooms are fine, but they aren't recreational for me anymore. DPT may not be recreational, but I will be exploring it. I've explored mushrooms as much as I care to at this stage in my life.

Sounds like a decent starting level to feel it out, although still capable of taking some pretty far, so tread carefully. Perhaps after the initial 25 bump it up by 15 each time? There is a line that will be reached, in my experience, where effects reach another level. I've come to enjoy a dose right around 46-50 mgs IM. Simply divine :D
Just don't let the physical effects bring you down. ie Twitching or a rapid heart rate. I can put them out of mind pretty well and just enjoy the experience.

DPT is very interesting, the religious effect baffled me but in the end I found it uncomfortable to insufflate, too expensive to eat I guess, and freebasing my brown product resulted in messed up shit (I still have it but when will I smoke it? Don't know), and more importantly the jarring body effect - it feels shaky, not that it actually made me shake but it has a whacked out sensation - it just made me stop after I tested the water for a good bit.

I never had a breakthrough on it but the physical sensation was too much for me to take it higher. Perhaps I will give it another shot sometime but not soon.

Still DEFINITELY not regretting having tried it.

It's a worthy DMT analog with its definitely unique character. But *something* about it had a feeling of being overly intense, just too much, DMT is no toy either but the experience feels more pure to me.

I am curious about 4 substituted DPT compounds though.

Yeah, I imagine that 25mg will be enough for my first experience. I will take your advice and boost with 15mg, that sounds pretty smart.

DPT is very interesting, the religious effect baffled me but in the end I found it uncomfortable to insufflate, too expensive to eat I guess, and freebasing my brown product resulted in messed up shit (I still have it but when will I smoke it? Don't know), and more importantly the jarring body effect - it feels shaky, not that it actually made me shake but it has a whacked out sensation - it just made me stop after I tested the water for a good bit.

I never had a breakthrough on it but the physical sensation was too much for me to take it higher. Perhaps I will give it another shot sometime but not soon.

Still DEFINITELY not regretting having tried it.

It's a worthy DMT analog with its definitely unique character. But *something* about it had a feeling of being overly intense, just too much, DMT is no toy either but the experience feels more pure to me.

I am curious about 4 substituted DPT compounds though.

Could you elaborate on your experience of the religious effect?

Doesn't DPT last like HOURS, while DMT lasts minutes?

Actually, rephrase. SMOKED DMT lasts minutes, while I have heard DPT can last hours.

I think DMT is the proper first choice, I personally wouldnt mind a difficult experience if it was going to be over before I even realized what was going on.....

I have never done DPT though so I couldnt say for certain. But I honestly can not see someone NOT enjoying DMT if they start out small and work their way up.

My longest DPT experience was about 1 and 1/2 hours using the IM route, seems to depend on my dose. And yes, DMT presents far fewer side effects that could be construed as unpleasant and it's duration helped make it a clear choice.
DPT remains a beautiful experience though. I don't think I could ever pick a favorite psychedelic but DPT is definitely in my top 3.

DMT makes me strong adrenergic stimulation that makes me run away from it, DPT find it wonderful.

Insufflated DPT lasted me a good 4 hours. Powerful trip!

Since its subjective effects to dosages seemed to vary so widely, a friend and I started with 45mg and used 15mg lines to get us to where we wanted to go.

I ended up at 75 and he at 90.

Definitely a great experience, and since I now have some DMT, I look forward to that experience as well!

I honestly havent tried DPT yet, but am familiar with it, and it is my understanding it is one of the strongest trips around. Right on the same level with dmt, definitely, plus increased duration and maybe even increased negative side effects.

I've tried DMT and DPT approximately an equal number of times, which is not that many, but enough to know the characters of both.

Overall, I would have to say that:

DMT is friendlier, more euphoric, feels better in the body, and is less mentally challenging. It is also WAY shorter acting, and MUCH easier to get into your bloodstream (provided you are working with DPT HCl, like I was).

DPT is not as friendly as DMT mentally. It is a little more like LSD in that you are on a rollercoaster, and you don't know where you're going next, but you're going there REALLY FAST and INTENSELY.

DMT has next to zero body load for me. DPT on the other hand hurts like a motherfuck when you snort it and has a absolutely terrible drip. When I used DPT without ketamine, the muscle tremors were WAY worse than I thought. I thought I was going to have some twitchy muscles / MDMA-like tension in non-jaw body parts....but noooo, my fingers clenched into fists, and I could feel energy pulsating in my forearms so strongly that I didn't know what to do besides ask my tripping buddies to hold my hands because I thought that physical contact with other humans would somehow transfer some of that energy out of me and into them - didn't work so well.....hahaha, well you try excercising some rational thinking at the peak of 120 mgs DPT insufflated.

I say DMT is less mentally challenging because: Once you smoke DMT, you're along for the ride and you basically just have to "sit back, relax, and float downstream", and then it's all over relatively shortly. On DPT however, you're on a 2-4 ride that is more akin to the peak of an LSD trip than it is a "cousin of DMT", if you know what I mean. When you ingest DPT, you gotta get yourself through that long haul. It's not like DMT where it's over really fast.

Also, working with the HCl is less than ideal. I think the best way to do DPT would be to smoke it. Seems as though it would be the easier way to titrate a dose, have the least amount of time to deal with the crazy body feelings, and best of all, no god-awful DPT burning it's way down the back of my throat for 12 hours. The drip from DPT was VERY VERY noticeable well after the experiment was over.

That being said, I don't want to scare you away from DPT. It's quite a different animal than DMT. At least that is the case when comparing smoking DMT to snorting DPT. I bet smoking DMT and smoking DPT would be a lot more similar to each other than the smoking/snorting comparison.

The visuals from DPT i thought were more in line with stuff that I've seen on LSD and mushrooms and 2C-E, the visuals I get from DMT are very unique, in that they are sooooo deep in my minds eye that they are hardly even visuals in the same sense that I get visuals from LSD...anyways, i'm gonna wrap this up now, by saying that...

...mix ketamine with DPT !!!! It seems to significantly reduce the crazy muscle tension and adds a some delicious dissociation, which I think is always a welcome addition to the tryptamine experience.

Hi, there actually is a strong possibility of death. someone I knew passed away last Monday from taking DPT.

Hi, there actually is a strong possibility of death. someone I knew passed away last Monday from taking DPT.

How does your personal experience equal a strong possibility someone else will have an equivalent experience? It would be sufficient to say that your friend may have suffered cardiac arrest from DPT and that people with questionable heart health should stay away.