• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DPT Subthread] DPT Dosage & Methods of Administration

fizzacyst said:
Do you not look at the syringe to aspirate it? Seems like you might get a ansty surprise one day if you take enough shots, by eventually hitting a vein somewhere and taking an unexpected rocket ride, warp 9 straight into another dimension.

Yes, of course, what I meant is I don't have to look at the needle entering the flesh, not that I'm sloppy over the preparation. Hitting a small vein is a risk, but even that will not have as fast an onset as IV because it will only be able to carry a small percentage of the dose away into general circulation, quickly (think it's happened once before - it did take me a bit by surprise, but not too shocking

So, I potentially have access to some DPT. I apologize for the basic questions, but what is the general consensus on DPT, and what is the preferred route of ingestion. I know some people IM, but I'm not really into needles. Suggestions?

^Up the nose works well. I have found DPT somewhat unfriendly, though I am unfairly comparing it to DMT. For a starting dose, about 40-50mgs insufflated will be a strong enough experience. I haven't injected DPT in any manner as yet....Be aware, DPT is quite a shakey ride I have found; well worth it, but creepier then DMT, if you'll allow such a description.

Cool, I'll definitely give it a go, then. Any danger with eyeballing doses other than having an intense experience? Would you call it difficult to eyeball out? Whats the insuffulated duration?

yes, eyeballing DPT is an idiotic thing to do. If you are considering it, it is a sign to me that you are not mature enough to use this chemical in a safe way.

^It isn't a lack of maturity, its a lack of access to a scale. The reason I asked the question was to get an opinion on the feasibility of doing so. The immature thing would be to eyeball a dose without first finding out if doing so is feasible. How about elaborating on why its an "idiotic thing to do" instead of just bashing me for not having easy access to a miligram scale?

How can you have access to DPT but not a scale?

scales cost about 50 bucks. Just don't trip until you have it. Its required for safety's sake.

I'm not very patient with you, LSDreamer, because your original question in this post could have been easily answered if you had taken the time to read through the archived DPT threads and erowid.

Your scale question has been answered MANY TIMES on this site. Just read, man. We spend a lot of time originally responding to these questions, its annoying to have to repeat yourself.

^There could be any number of reasons why someone would have access to DPT and not have a miligram scale. At any rate, can you actually elaborate on why eyeballing doses out of a relatively small amount of material (350mg) would be such a terrible idea?

^ Was your 350mg measured?

Although I tend to stress having a scale, if you're absolitely positive that your 350mg are that much, then its not such a big deal since a few (even tens) of mgs don't make much of a difference after the 100mg mark.

I think its a big deal, and even a few milligrams over what I intended would have a huge impact on me. A 5mg difference is VERY noticeable to me, and not much at all in terms of volume of material.

LSDreamer -

Once I was taking stuff that someone else had weighed out, and they had messed up calibration of the scale somehow and I was given too much. I don't recall right now how much... I think like 20mg or so. I've talked about it a number of times on here before, but suffice it to say that will never happen again. That wasn't eyeballing anything either, just an error due to lack of familiarity with the equipment at hand. I fried my fucking brains out in a pretty traumatic sort of way.

It was so much, in a very bad way... I don't think of it as a "bad trip" (only consider myself as having had one of those, with mushrooms)... it wasn't like I was trying to kill myself to escape it or anything. But I was hoping for like a 4-6 out of 10 on the intensity scale, and probably pegged out at a 14 or so. The sheer terror/panic that set in made things quite a bit more intense than the dosage of the drug alone would have done.

I have to agree with S_S... its not something you should have without a scale; or not something you should use, anyway. Wait until you can get one. I don't want to derail the thread with why you should have a scale and why its bad to eyeball the drug because... well, because it pisses me off kind of when threads get diluted with this stuff. There is no excuse for not having one, period. Everyone will argue over it anyway until they are blue in the face and it just messes up the signal to noise ratio of an otherwise useful thread.

Its extremely basic and applies to all drugs outside of things like cannabis, and, IMO, is a requirement for use of any substance that is fully active at under 100mg or so, or you are asking to get backhanded by the drug. I'm only saying anything about it at all as I have first hand experience with a DPT disaster that happened because of an accident EVEN WITH a scale. If you got a small amount like 350mg then you almost certainly know someone that has a scale; enlist their help if you are not willing to invest in your own safety. You really don't want to learn the hard way man, ask anyone that has taken too much of any strong psychedelic... you can't take it back, and its probably a good way to wind up with PTSD or something.

Lets please not clutter the DPT thread up with debate over using/not using scales and whether its ok or not to eyeball a drug, etc, etc. At least start another thread if its going to happen anyway, so it can go to DB or something in the end. Please don't take this the wrong way, really not trying to be a dick or anything, its just been done to death, and I don't want you to hurt yourself or for anyone to get the idea its ok.

If you REALLY need an example of why its bad, I'd go into go into detail on what happened to me if it would help convince you, but I really don't even like to think about it all that much TBH (scooping vomit out of the floor trying to save it thinking I was losing my "life force" by barfing, shaking from terror, cold puke and toilet water all over my clothes, dry heaves/serious cramps, which of course are magnified artificially while tripping my fucking ass off, scared of death, phasing in and out of reality. etc). ugh. what an awful night night that was. I feel kind of lightheaded when I think about it.

I would at least use it orally if you are not going to listen about the scale, so that the dose required is much, much higher.

<3

Last edited:
^ I would not disagree with that, after all, a scale is most definitely vital. However, I will not pretend I am better than anyone else - I admit that I have eyeballed DPT more than once before when I had a pre-measured amount. .

Do you really find a big difference in 5mg above 100mg? I find that, for me, 100-150mg seems to be a sort of saturation point, it simply cannot get more intense, and taking more never does anything.

But it is different for everyone and yes, I agree - at least find someone with a scale.

Let me just say that, although there are many reasons, as you say, for someone to have DPT but not a scale, none of them are good reasons. If you're going to be working with potent chemicals, a scale is a must. I have a perfectly good one that I got for $70 including shipping. If you can't afford it, refrain from buying drugs for a short time and buy one. It's easy to do, and it's essential if you plan on doing any "research"... you can't always trust measurements from vendors or even friends/dealers. Everyone makes mistakes, and you don't want to be the victim of such a mistake with potent psychedelic chemicals.

If you can't get a scale right now, then make a plan to get one, and don't use this type of substance until you get one. It's really not a big investment and chances are if you can afford to buy drugs, you can afford a scale.\

That is all. :)

Jamshyd said:
I find that, for me, 100-150mg seems to be a sort of saturation point, it simply cannot get more intense, and taking more never does anything.
hmm, interesting. I've never taken that much DPT before.

I've done up to 40mg vaporized (intense as all fuck!), 35mg snorted (bleh never again the drip), 50mg subq (with 60mg ketamine, mmm one hour orgasm), and low doses of course.

How are you taking these 100-150mg doses? That sounds like a LOT of DPT to me!!!

hey! thanks for reporting to us!

I almost took the 10mg DPT IV plunge a week ago but decided at the last minute to subq that amount instead (had a very gentle and beautiful trip, mild but goooood).

Can you elaborate a little for me about the timeline? How fast was the alert? How fast til you got to the peak? I know these things can be hard to say but if you can try I would appreciate it.

I definitely would have my blood sugar stable (from eating a couple hours ago, though not so soon in the past that my stomach was still semi-full).

I also would have injected and tossed the needle into a trashcan by the side of my bed (where I was laying). The trashcan would also serve the need for a vomit receptacle if need be.

I would have immediately laid back after the injection and closed my eyes and had my body under blankets (naked of course it is DPT after all ;)).

I would have then ridden the rush/trip in that position.

I think a lot of the dysphoria you got was because your setting was all off (trying to interact with a non-understanding gf, getting up and walking to the sink, etc).

just some food for thought. Take care of your mind fellow traveler. <3

The girlfriend is necessary, because I've never been able to IV myself. She's not totally non-understanding, she's just not a big fan of psychedelics. She had been hoping maybe it was mild enough that it was something she could enjoy, as I remembered an incredible body-buzz from smoking some of this deposited on parsley.

Even if I were able to IV myself, I wouldn't want to with this, first alerts come very fast.

An approximate timeline:

8:00:00 - Solution is fully injected.
8:00:10 - I'm holding my arm above my head, and I feel a light tingling and a slightly cold sensation.
8:00:20 - I get up and walk to the sink to get a glass so that I can clean the needle.
8:00:30 - As I fill the glass the visuals hit. At this point I'm giddy at the idea, and excited about what's about to happen.
8:01:00 - As I remember what tripping feels like, I tell my girlfriend this isn't something she would enjoy. I tell her that I feel "totally detached from my body, and it's more weird than it is pleasant." I had warned her I might not feel like I can talk to people, and in that case I will leave the room.

At this point I go to the living room and lie down on the couch, I am overwhelmed with the task of making the environment entertaining. From base to peak I don't imagine it could have been more than 5 minutes. As I attempted to clean the needle I was fully aware I would not be able to complete the task. In the living room, I turn on the TV, and set it to a classical music station. It takes me a long time to figure out the menu on the TV set. I am crawling out of my own skin with the physical sensations, there seems to be numbing, my chest feels weird, even my sinuses feel weird. I remember clearly feeling this way on acid. Especially the smell that I can't seem to escape. This must be what I smell like. This is not strong enough to sweep me away, but as I lay there I am glad I am not swept away. I fear what it would do at higher doses. I walk back to the bedroom and tell my girlfriend that I sort of wish I wasn't on it, the feeling is weird. I lay down with her and we watch the end of Garden State. This movie is awful, and the best moment of the whole experience and the only time I felt like I was communicating successfully when Zach Braff is acting poorly and we both laugh and comment on how cheesy the movie is.

(edit: bad acting is unbearable and creepy on psychedelics. even good acting is weird.)

I'm rapidly approaching baseline. By 9:00:00, I feel fairly normal. By 10:00:00, I'm at the grocery store not feeling too awkward even in the face of police.

I'll definitely try to make sure I'm in a better setting next time. The girlfriend can stay, maybe... but I could probably IM myself so maybe not. Will also be converting some to freebase. Need better access to climate control, more food in my belly, plan ahead for music, that kind of stuff.

Last edited:
thanks!

I have to ask though, whats the point of all the moving around and arranging your environment while tripping? Shouldn't you do that BEFORE you inject, so you can fully experience the drug once it hits you? The first few intense tryptamine experiences I had I always found myself getting up going to the sink or to turn the lights on in the bathroom or to open/close a window, etc etc etc. I finally just told myself to get the environment situated the way I wanted then just lay still during the trip. For me, tryptamines are intensely personal and the best way to experience them is with my eyes closed laying under blankets.

ymmv, thanks a lot for reporting to us though I appreciate it a lot <3

I just finished the edit on my post when I saw your reply. Yep, next time, more planning, less moving around, less potential for awkwardness. I'd prefer to be in bed, or alternatively I'll go to my friends house and couch it. I've smoked DMT there and it served to be a good location. I certainly would have been able to relax a little better.

hey SmargFlap, welcome to BL :D

hopefully we can have many more discussions about DPT and all the rest and whatever else is on your mind about psychedelics :D

light and love <3

Second trial, approx 5 mg IM followed by another 5 about 10 minutes later.

Tolerance may be possible, feelings very mild. A sort of pleasant physical vibration, next to nothing visually, but still that damned smell.

If the tolerance wasn't a significant factor, I feel like the general feeling from IM is much better than IV. IV felt like throwing a stick into the gears of a machine, which caused a chain reaction leading to total chaos even at a very small dose with limited visuals.

10mg DPT IV experiment:
onset was quick in about 15 seconds I had first alert. Plenty of time the cap the syringe and set it aside and then position myself on my bed. The visuals descended immediately (objects crawling, morphing, CEVs). Intense body stimulation...a little bit of nausea (not bad if I laid still). Muscles have natural impulse to stretch/squirm on bed. Peak was over after 30 minutes and (relatively) baseline at 60 minutes.

Stronger than 10mg MET experiment. Excited to shoot 20mg next time!

Very enjoyable! :D