• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DPT Subthread] DPT Dosage & Methods of Administration

More info on IV/IM dpt

Ok, a few more observations about IV/IM dpt. I still stand firm that I like the IM effects better, but just slightly. IM seems to feel a little deeper and calmer, and slightly more visual. IV on the other hand, you partially trade some of the trippiness for more of a rush. With Taking about 1/4 of an IM dose seems to be about right. More than this just kind of gets dissorienting and the body load gets a little heavy, ie lots of sweating. The IV rush starts about 2 minutes after the shot and take about another 5-8 to reach peak effects. This rush lasts about 45 minutes then starts to tapper of fairly quicly. Over all, IV lasts about 2/3 as long as IM. Like I said I prefer the feeling of IM, but I'm beginning to think that IV may be safer to avoid tissue damage from contaminants in the dpt. However, if you plan on doing multiple injects, either be very good at giving yourself IV shots, or have someone who can do it for you. I have good viens that I normally don't need to tie off to hit, but hitting while on the tale end of DPT is fucking tough.

I've mentioned in a thread before, but just so this stays in the big and dandy thread... I have found that the slightly pink dpt sample I have much better if you filter it twice. The first filter picks up a slight pink color to it and the second filtering gives a nice clean filter as well as almost completely clear fluid. I highly recommend this double filtering.

insufflated doses of DPT generally range from 50-200mg for full effects. most people need more than 100mg to get where they want to go with this stuff. much higher than an oral dose of 2C-I.

kinetic said:
most people need more than 100mg to get where they want to go with this stuff. much higher than an oral dose of 2C-I.

That is simply not true. Read all the scary trip reports at Erowid on just 30mg insufflated. I myself reached a full +3 with 30mg insufflated. Please folks, don't start off with 100mg or believe you will need that much. I did (started with 100mg) and it scared more than any other experience EVER in life.

good to know, when I get around to trying the stuff, I'll most likely start with 25mg insufflated, and then boost if I need it.

The first time I took DPT (eyeballed of course) I had a great time with some nice visuals such as the floor moving. Then the second time I thought taking more would be a great idea, but it really wasn't. I probably insufflated about 150 - 200 MG and about 10 minutes afterwards I was having the same strength visuals that I had the first time and I knew I was in for one hell of a trip. I saw where I would go when I would die, aliens, my cat turned into a kitten, I thought I was in an anime at one point, and for about 5 seconds every single thought that was ever conceived in the universe went through my head. Then when I would lay down I would automatically astral project. DPT is great for astral projection even at low doses..... but anyway I didn't want to astral project because I kept forgetting to breathe. I had a panic attack for about 4 hours and couldn't stop shaking and was psychologically fucked up for a week and I still am a bit. So virtually to me DPT is burnt into my brain as being a nightmare drug.

*Sigh* I wish purchasing syringes wasn't such a hassle where I live. I'd really like to try DPT this way, when I try it.

Yeah, that's what I used to think - until somebody cool here posted a link to a place online that sells them, and I bought 25 of 'em for like $7. I ain't gonna post the link, because I'm fairly sure it's against the rules here, but if you want to PM me... we can discuss how cool DPT is! Or something...

Thanks for the link too, I knew there had to be something...

EDIT: Ok I think I've *pretty much* got it now, but that link didn't really say much about the length of the needle. I know longer needles are preferable for IM injection, but does anyone know if 5/8" will suffice? Any muscle in particular that might work better with a shorter needle? It's all I've got to work with...

Last edited:
Ok, here's my two cents on needle length. I find that 1inch is the best, but I have only tried the 5/8" once (27g). It did the trick, but it had a slightly slower comeup. I really want to find a good source for 1"x27g though. I've even used a standard insuline syringe once, but it was a very low dose and it did seem to work, but it left more of a bruise than a longer needle.

I'm on the slender side, so I obviously don't have much body-fat. But I find 1/2 inch needles fine for both ketamine and DPT. I always inject in one of my sexy and hair-free ass checks. =D

I'd be scared to use a 1 inch needle. Yikes! 8o And I've never gotten bruising from IM injections, except for the first few times I tried it. I was nervous then and wasn't able to keep a steady hand. If you keep a real steady hand and inject slowly (say 1.2 ml of 100mg/ml ketamine over 10 seconds or so) you won't get a bruise.

MGS

Well, my syringes came in, and I FINALLY got up the courage to do an IM injection of DPT. This was my first time using a needle to get drugs into my system, and I was a little scared at first.
But I made up a nice 50mg/mL DPT solution with distilled water (heat REALLY helped it all get into solution nicely), filtered it through my .20u filter, and injected 1mL (50mg) into my leg muscle (quad?).

It wasn't bad at all! I can't believe I was so worried about doing this - it was NOTHING! I used a 25G - 5/8" needle, and I could barely feel it at all.

For anybody who's been thinking of trying it this way, but scared/worried about using a needle, just do it! It's so easy...

Apparently my dosage wasn't high enough, because I got very mild effects - but I loved how smoothly it came on, MUCH better than insufflation. I don't think I'll ever sniff this stuff up my nose again, there's just no reason when IM'ing it is so easy.

The muscle I injected in did get pretty sore later on though, and is still a little sore today, but no bruising or anything. Does this happen to others as well? MGS, I remember you saying you don't inject in your leg anymore, is this the reason? Maybe I'll try the glut next time, it's just hard to reach back there...

Anyway, thanks for the tips everyone - I am now a big fan of this method. So what other chemicals are good for IM'ing? ;)

The only added risk with IM instead of snorting dpt other than infection and sterility issues is the chance of hitting a vein. While this is a slim chance, it can happen, which effectivly triples the potentcy of the shot. Always pull back on the plunger to make sure you aren't in a vein.

One more question for the IM users of DPT:

I'm still trying to figure out why my first IM injection of DPT was so incredibly mild (barly above threshold effects).

I'm guessing it must be because I had taken some 5-Meo-Mipt earlier in the day, and that raised my tolerance for tryptamines, making the DPT not work very well.

Or is there any way I could have done it wrong? I mean the injection seemed to go fine, and it was definitely 50mg... I was just surprised at how weak the effects were.

This weekend I am going to try again, after taking a week off of ALL substances - I want it to work this time, so I'm thinking of doing more like 80mg. Is this a bad idea? I mean I guess it might be kind of a lot, if I have no tolerance issues this time... But I don't want another weak experience if I'm going to poke a hole in my leg for it :)

Any opinions?

IM doses are about as potent as insufflated. It doesn't necessarily have to be "weak." I found 90 not overwhelming at all as I knew what to expect.

Also, when you got the DPT into solution, you heated it, am I correct? You must be very careful when doing that because DPT is heat sensitive.

Also, when you got the DPT into solution, you heated it, am I correct? You must be very careful when doing that because DPT is heat sensitive.

Yeah, I was very careful. I heated it in a glass vial, with a lighter, but I held the lighter far away and it never came to a boil or anything.
I was thinking the heat could have maybe done something to it, but since I didn't hardly get ANY effects last time I snorted 50mg, I'm guessing I just have a higher tolerance to DPT and need to do more.
This weekend I'm going with 40-50mg in each leg, and we'll see if that works a little better :)

30mg DPT (IM) was more than "full." I wonder if there are purity issues. A micron filtrer will remove non-water solubles, but not water-soluble compounds.

Allright, this time I took 100mg IM DPT - TWICE what I did last time.

waited... waited... FUCKIN' NOTHING!!!! barely threshold effects.

It pissed me off!!! I can't think of anyway possible I could have done it wrong... And the DPT is fine, it's worked before insufflated (the first time only)

Any ideas what could be going wrong? I didn't overheat it (used hot water not a lighter). Injected into my leg muscle (quad?). Made sure it was ALL in solution before filtering with a .20u filter. ???

I was majorly disappointed... Do I just need a higher dose? But I've read people being FLOORED off 100mg...

This is whack, that's all I can say...

No other substances taken prior to this?

None at all! I even took a week off to let tolerance go down. It baffles the mind...

I'd try more next time, but with almost NO effects from 100mg, I don't know if I could get DPT to work on me at all! Sucks, I was really looking forward to it. I honestly got better effects off of IM'ing 50mg last week, and that was AFTER I just came down from 5-Meo-Mipt. ODD!

If anyone can figure this one out, you rule the world...

When smoking the freebase

Were you addressing that to me? Because I'm IM'ing it, not smoking.

I'd probably just stop trying and save the rest of my stash for snorting

I HATE snorting it - and the whole reason I got syringes was for IM DPT, so I'd really like to get it to work.

I've never, EVER had a "too powerful" psychadelic experience that I couldn't handle...

100mg IM not working, damn, natural tolarance sucks. Perhaps IV would be the way to go for you. While I find 70mg IM quite sufficient myself, 20mg IV gives me a comparable trip. Don't go overboard with it though, there seems to be a pretty steep dose curve with IV where 30mg is almost too much.