• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Doubting Drunkenness? Experiments to Ensue

Bomb thread. Tommygirl........you rock ! You love having fun and you aren't afraid to show it. Good for you.

I can just imagine how good that lemon drop drink is. Lemon and Lime flavored things are my favorite.

I literally was one of the people who signed the change.org petition that convinced Skittles to bring the lime Skittle back to the original lineup, lol! You're welcome! 🍈💚😊

I got home around 3, went right to bed and sleep, woke up around 5ish when my personal caregiver came to help me get changed into pj's and such. I didn't say anything about drinking, he did know it had been a hard day for me for other reasons though, and he must've gathered all was not awesome with me, cause without me even saying anything he handed me Pepto, aspirin and my favorite plushie that usually sits in my window but that I like to cuddle with when I feel "not good".

My stomach feels ok now which is good, I brought my leftover yummy rice home with me but my carer correctly deduced that it would not be eaten tonight. I think I'll probably be mostly alive tomorrow.

Not sure what went wrong today vs Friday. 🤔 I did do several inadvisable things today that I didn't do last time:
1. Didn't eat with my drinks until the tail end
2. Didn't drink the omnipresent accompanying glass of water
3. Drank when I was rushed/stressed about time and money and...a lot of stuff.

Took the pills and trying to force water down rn. If I can get a good night's sleep that will undoubtedly help me feel better in the morning, but I'm not particularly expecting a good night (It sounds funny, but it's true actually. I've been completely unmedicated for like a month now, finally got in to see my Dr this morning. I'm supposed to take Effexor and Trazadone among other things, so I'm gonna miss the little Midnight Insanity sessions I've been having when I get my meds refilled and remember what the word "sleep" means again).

Last edited:
Oh, and I didn't "cru", but I'm listening to Roy Orbison rn and the night is still young and I'm...not, so who knows what could happen? 🥲

It's really quite important to eat food before, and after, you drink alcohol. Drinking on an empty stomach is an easy way to feel like shit both during and after drinking.

Water is also important, but more important during and after drinking compared to before like food.

Preventing a hangover or feeling crappy after alcohol takes a certain ritual of feeding your body food and water before, during and after.

- coming from years of experience of drinking way too much, food and water are important

Idk what I really expect drunk to be except just...more than what I've felt so far I guess? Mostly I'd expect to have my thinking be more fucked up. Like "can't even hold a simple convo" level fucked up. And then there's blacking out of course, which I plan to do at least once in my life but not today since imma be in public by myself without a designated "drunky sitter" to help me.
You don't want that. Stick with the level you're at now. There are many stages past needing a sitter and none of them are good

Given your limited funds, have you considered buying a bottle and some mixers and getting shit wrecked at home?
For real. I haven't done much in the way of bar-drinking since 2010, but the prices of drinks had already gotten pretty expensive.

Even drinking in the cheapest bars, it adds up quickly. Weekend warriors blow a lot at once, but it really gets expensive if you make it a regular thing, which tends to happen once you get friendly with the bartenders and find a few drinking buddies among the regulars.

If you're a serious drinker who likes bars (for their atmosphere or just not to be alone), mastering "happy hour" is the key, IMHO.

During my peak barroom days, I got off work at 3:30. Usually, I went to my "regular" happy hour, a generous one running from 4 to 7 with draft beers and well drinks priced at $2. Sometimes, instead, I'd drink my way home on foot, zigzagging from tavern to tavern.

Yeah, I liked the idea of drinking in public cause it felt kind of forbidden to me. I mean, it felt forbidden in private too, but isn't it more thrilling doing "bad" things where you can get caught rather than where nobody can see it? I was raised fundie Christian on my mom's side, so even though my dad was a drunk drinking was very much something I was taught I shouldn't do. Also since I'm adopted and alcoholism runs in my birth family really bad, I think my mom who raised me was always convinced and afraid that I would become an alcoholic if I started to drink. I remember she hated alcohol, one New Year's, when I was 18 I think, she was trying to choke down a glass of wine and I expressed curiosity about how it could be that bad. So she said I could try a little sip. JUST A LITTLE SIP, she said and she literally held on to the stem of the wine glass and pulled it away when I went to take a 2nd sip (which tbh I probably would've downed the whole glass if she hadn't). So yeah, now I love to drink but I'm all guilty and nervous and weird about it.

I also feel like, as a noob to drinking, that getting drunk in public and gaging my own state by other people's reactions, might be educational. Except I forgot that I'm like the opposite of a normal human and actually like being around people and socializing LESS when I drink. Like, people talk about being a social drinker, but I'm like an anti-social drinker, lol! 😆 And so far the main reaction I've gotten if any is just people being super nice to me and asking me if I'm sleepy and saying we can do whatever we were gonna do later if I'm too tired rn.

And yes, the $$$$ is an issue too. I'm definitely going to have to learn how to mix drinks myself unless I'm going to make getting drunk a rare occasion, and do you honestly think I'm gonna do that? Spoiler alert: The next episode of "Tommygirl's Drunkcellent Adventures" is almost definitely going to involve a trip to the liquor store. CIRCUMSTANCES are sending me out into the universe again tomorrow but alas, they are doing so with no money to speak of. 🥲

I'm actually considering getting a part-time job in addition to being full-time in college, to have a little extra money. Not just for alcohol but that's definitely a big part of it. I genuinely have no idea if getting a job so you can afford to drink more is considered a step forward or a step backwards in life? Maybe depends what the job ends up being? 🤷

And yes, the $$$$ is an issue too. I'm definitely going to have to learn how to mix drinks myself unless I'm going to make getting drunk a rare occasion, and do you honestly think I'm gonna do that? Spoiler alert: The next episode of "Tommygirl's Drunkcellent Adventures" is almost definitely going to involve a trip to the liquor store. CIRCUMSTANCES are sending me out into the universe again tomorrow but alas, they are doing so with no money to speak of. 🥲
If you want cheap-ish liquor recommendations. We are here for you. Might make a good thread.

Oh, fun. What kinda booze do you like? How varied is your local liquor store?
Hmm, well I haven't tried a ton of things but you know I love the Lemon Drop, I've also basically made my own tequila sunrise (I put tequila and orange juice together), so I guess anything citrusy/sour is good. Also, haven't had it in a while but I remember really liking Scotch. Wish I could remember what kind I found in our liquor cabinet when I was a kid, but all I remember was the bottle was green. I've actually never been in a liquor store before that's gonna be a big deal for me.

Hmm, well I haven't tried a ton of things but you know I love the Lemon Drop, I've also basically made my own tequila sunrise (I put tequila and orange juice together), so I guess anything citrusy/sour is good. Also, haven't had it in a while but I remember really liking Scotch. Wish I could remember what kind I found in our liquor cabinet when I was a kid, but all I remember was the bottle was green. I've actually never been in a liquor store before that's gonna be a big deal for me.
It’s exciting. I bet if you told the liquor store person that you wanted some recommendations they’d help you out. I’m partial to whiskey, but vodka plus orange juice or cranberry is a go to for me when I’m out and looking for a cheaper easier option. Vodka is an easy one because it’s usually pretty cost effective and there isn’t a ton of variation once you get up past the stupid cheap stuff. I dunno exactly how much a bottle of Smirnoff is but that’s a good bet.

I just looked it up, at my local liquor store you can get one of the smaller 750 ml bottles of plain Smirnoff for $9.99, that doesn't sound too bad.