• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Double Dropping?

Like I said before, one pill has never, ever been enough for me.

^Same here, I almost always double drop then I boost about every 2 hours or so. I think for the rave Im going to I wana try to fit 4-5 pills in that one night. The rave starts at 6pm and ends a 4am and I want to roll the whole time. Thats a long time so it maybe easier said than done.

Are you that are double dropping taking pills such as these pokeballs? (http://www.ecstasydata.org/results.php?A=SearchAdvanced&OldSort=DPD&NewSort=&Start=125&Max=25&=DPA)

These are some of the few that have been DEA tested and show the mg. So two would be 180mg of MDMA.

I have some pills that compare to these and am considering double dropping, but didn't know if 180mg is way too much or if this is what you're talking about. Because double dropping an "average pill" I guess would be about 100-140mg? (damn it would be nice to find a lab that would measure the amounts!)

thanks!

Yeah, I heard my pills contain 90mg of MDMA. I dunno, I took just one at NYE, and I didn't start rolling hard until my second pill two hours later, my report went something like this:

T+0:00 - dropped one
T+1:30 - right around that time I had a stomach ache (high MDMA content?)
T+2:00 - I thought my nausea went away so I dropped my second
T+2:30 - right around that time I threw up, and I felt amazing for the rest of the night

Since I'll be taking rather strong pills, maybe I should just take one at a time again.

As for XbraineaterX, don't drop your first pill until around 8, you don't wanna be peaking until the really good DJs come on.

It depends entirely on how strong your rolls are. 'Double dropping' 50mg rolls is the same dose as taking 100mg of molly.

IMHO, the ideal starting dose for MDMA is Shulgin's upper estimate: 1.7mg/kg, or roughly 150mg for a person of average build. If you want to extend the experience, I recommend a redose of 1/3 to 1/2 the initial dose, about 90 minutes after the fact. It's less healthy and you won't get the full added intensity of the second dose, but as you say, it will extend the experience by an hour or two.

120mg is another popular default dose a lot of people use. If your goal is to maximise overall pleasure from a fixed quantity of MDMA, single doses of 120mg with no redose may be a good approach, although I'd just go with 1.7mg/kg and no redose.

I'd say the best advice would be to double drop then take a booster about a half an hour after you start feeling the double drop. Also, just chill out from 8 P.M. until 10 P.M... I'd say it's best to drop around 9-10 p.m. anyway...

I'd say the best advice would be to double drop then take a booster about a half an hour after you start feeling the double drop. Also, just chill out from 8 P.M. until 10 P.M... I'd say it's best to drop around 9-10 p.m. anyway...

this is good advice, i'd be itching for 10pm to come tho...

Well the rave stars at 5, and I'm gonna be there by then. I'm pretty used to dropping at 8, come 4 AM I'm barely starting to come down. I guess I'll take two then redose with one about 2-3 hours later, seems to be the most common way to do it.

Sorry all I just kinda scanned over to get the jest of what everyone was saying so forgive me if I cover things already said.

Its all down to the pill I believe weather you should double drop or not. If YOU personally have done the pill before and know that the pill is the same, not just the same name, but from the same batch then you will know weather to do so or not. Your physical and psychological state will dictate what you should do. Nobody knows you better than you. All people can do is recommend what they have done for their own personal needs.

I've done pills where I should definitely have double dropped and pills where I would not recommend anyone double drop. But these are of course due to my experiences with myself.

We can only lay down guide lines and tell you of our experiences. Its up to you to decipher that information.

i've been searching the forum abt this for a while now. i think this is the most suitable thread for me to post my question in. lol

so, what i'm gathering is... when taking molly and redosing (if necessary).. one should take a smaller amount than originally taken. How spaced out should one redose? 1-1.5hrs in between? or around 2 hrs in between? what produces the best results?

@alextc - I usually take my second dose of molly 1-1.5 hours after the initial dose, so during the peak. Redosing during the peak (rather than during the comedown) produces the best results, as it extends the peak and doesn't lose any of the intensity while making the roll last longer. If you choose to redose during the comedown, chances are you won't reach that first incredible peak again. You'll still roll, but it won't be as amazing. I've done it both ways (I used to wait until I was coming down to take the second pill) and found that redosing during the peak is the most intense way.

@alextc - I usually take my second dose of molly 1-1.5 hours after the initial dose, so during the peak. Redosing during the peak (rather than during the comedown) produces the best results, as it extends the peak and doesn't lose any of the intensity while making the roll last longer. If you choose to redose during the comedown, chances are you won't reach that first incredible peak again. You'll still roll, but it won't be as amazing. I've done it both ways (I used to wait until I was coming down to take the second pill) and found that redosing during the peak is the most intense way.

ahh k got it. thanks so much! :)

Well, I think it depends on the amount of MDMA present in your pills. If you're not rolling enough after you've taken one pill, maybe you should consider double dropping.

Then again, if that's the case, be aware of badly made pills, which can have other molecules present in their composition (either though bad synthesis or deliberate tampering.)

SWIM 4 pressed pills (white thumbs) has rolled pretty hard at past events and raves but never double dropped, SWIM is wondering if double dropping these will be good or just a waste? rave is from 6-2am.

Last edited:
Double dropping pills of an unknown dosage isn't a very good idea, it could lead to a much stronger experience than you hoped for. If one isn't enough, you might want to try one and a half before doubling the dosage just to be on the safe side. Unfortunately these days the spread in clean MDMA pills can be anything from 30mg-300mg (literally) so it's probably best to start with one and gauge the potency from there.

Also, no need to SWIM in these Blue waters... I personally LOVE to break the law and take illegal substances.

lmao me too. my friend wants to double drop but he isn't a experienced user and he won't believe me that it'll be to strong, should i let that nigga do it or nahh

There are some Thumbs in America that are somewhere in the 60-90mg range and Thumbs in Europe in the 200mg range.. to further confuse that, the European ones often travel across the pond and find their way into the commercial market.

I'd say one and a half if you really think one won't be enough. Two will likely be quite intense but it's not going to kill you if you're healthy and have quality MDMA.

yeah thanks man, It should last long enough throughout the rave but if not always can re dose

If you double-drop, you're going to crap out way before the rave ends if it goes from 6-2. In my experience, double dropping leads to a crash faster than normal so a pill that would normally give me 4 hours of moderate intensity and a 2 hour afterglow or so would give me an extremely intense 2 hour peak and I'd be crashing hard by the 4th hour if I double dropped it. MDMA really is quite an exhausting chemical when you think about it. As long as I didn't have speed in my rolls, I would generally come down and be ready for bed shortly after which is quite the opposite to most other recreational drugs I've done. Its a huge let down when it happens at a rave though and one of a few reasons I prefer to do pills in a house party or 1 on 1 type of environment.

I feel you, but thats my friend that wants to double drop. I take mine one by one and judge it how my roll is if I take more or not

Well pass the info on to your friend. It can easily ruin a fantastic night when you start crashing in the middle of the rave.

I've never double dropped. It's highly depends on the mdma amount.
But If i were you, I'd try 1.5 dropping first. If your pills have 90mg mdma in it, probably 135mg will do it (instead of 180mg).

By the way, I think that your body tries to get rid of mdma after 3h so it's better to redose T+1h,1h30 max.
Also, second redose is waste of ingridient, and highly toxic.

Last edited: