• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dosing my partner with 2c-e as first psych, any tips?

the_ketaman

Bluelighter
OK my partner has decided that he would like to trip with me for a number of reasons. For starters we want to bond, we want to have fun obviously, we want to have a different perspective on our life and relationship and use this to better our lives together.

The only thing is that he has never used anything except cannabis and alcohol. So I'm mentally preparing him for what is to come by ensuring that he knows that I will keep him safe and that he will have a great trip if he let's go and trusts me.

I'm thinking 10mg is a good dose but I don't want it to be too weak. I have a hard time stomaching 2c-e and the body load coupled with nausea would turn him off psychs forever as he also sufferers from gastrointestinal upsets. So I was thinking of dosing 10mg rectally and me 20mg rectally(I'm very experienced with psychs). Do you think 10mg rectally will blow him away first time? And will it reduce the body load/nausea plugging it?

I don't want him to have a bad experience but I don't want him to not feel it or get sick either. I'm also thinking about not telling him I have weed til the comedown coz he's panicked on pot though mildly. I'm thinking of making some edibles to accompany the smoko too.

Does anyone have any tips on dose, ROA, set & setting, anything at all really. I just want to give this man an(good) experience he'll never forget.

Please, I'd love to hear ideas especially those who have done 2c-e or have aaccompanied a first time tripper before.

Thanks in advance :)

I always take it orally. Take DPH or some other antihistamine with it to kill any body load.
I find 2C-E a very gentle psychedelic. I wouldn't bother dosing any lower than 20mg personally. IDK about rectal dosing though.

Its too unpredictable to dose orally IMO. Out of 3 2c-e trips one was great with no body load and everything you want from a psychedelic experience. The other 2 times to nausea and body load was horrendous. Once I semi-enjoyed it but the other time I was sooooo sick I aborted with 50mg Seroquel & 47.5mg of Valium.

This stuff isnt going to be around forever and its quite expensive from this guy so I want to use it wisely.

I could split a 30mg dose in half and dose rectally but if plugged 2c's are at all similar to snorting them in that you need much, much less than orally then a 15mg dose could be too much for him. I think I might do 12mg for him, 18mg for me. Plugged and also with DH and Maxolon. BTW I don't get sick with 2c-I/b/t-7 so I'm surprised at how the e makes me feel so rotten physically. I don't know what I did different the one time with ethyl that I didn't get sick.

Next thing is I need to figure out how to make a nitrous bulb cracker!

Keep the advice coming guys. If you think im forgetting anything or could be doing something different for a better outcome then please dont hesitate to reply. Remember its his first trip.

if you want to go rectally, I'd say dose a little less than 10mg for an initial dose, especially if he's never done any psychedelics before. with that ROA, redosing is easy anyway, because if done right, you can be fairly confident that it won't get any stronger ~30min after administration. so I'd say give him 7-8mg initially and then, if he is not satisfied, give him 2-3 mg more.

@AA just because you can handle 20mg of 2C-E without issues doesn't mean it's like that for everybody.. many people got their asses whooped at 18mg!

Guess I just get along with 2C-E better than most people. There is a bit of a bodyload, but nothing that ondanestron or a strong antihistamine won't take care of.

May I suggest adding codeine to the mix? That'll definitely get rid of any body load, plus the combo is ridiculously euphoric (even if you're generally not keen on codeine). IME it actually intensifies the experience rather than dulling it as most downers do... there is definitely an inherent synergy with codeine and psychedelics.
120mg codeine, 50mg promethazine or cyclizine and 30mg 2C-E is perfection. Yeah you might find it overwhelmingly intense but you'll be too blissed out to care.

People respond differently to 2C-E... a lot of people find it gentle and not super potent and a lot of others find it really intense and very potent (myself included - I won't take more than 18mg or maybe 20mg, but for either dose I'd consider it a serious decision). I don't think 2C-E is the best starting psychedelic because of the potential for it to be uncomfortable, very intense and deep, or both. I do find rectal dosing to be smoother, but definitely start low, even less than 10mg perhaps. It's possible your partner will be a person who finds 2C-E gentle and forgiving and needs a higher dose, but you wouldn't want to assume that and then have it be the other way around.

May I suggest adding codeine to the mix? That'll definitely get rid of any body load, plus the combo is ridiculously euphoric (even if you're generally not keen on codeine).
shaking my head

Can you access 2C-C? This would be a far superior choice for an introduction in my experience. 2CE for some is quite negative. You mentioned the bodyload and nausea. Even positive experiences are often serious in nature. But odds are it would go excellent, like many 2CE journeys do. Just seems there are safer bets. Good luck :)

I don't think 2c-e is the material I would start him with. It's kinda unpredictable IME. if your dead set on it then start small. I also don't think it's a good idea for you to take different doses. You don't wanna be totally blown away and unable to make rational decisions if he needs to redose or if he doesn't react well. Either way I think benzos on hand are a must for this situation.

Why 2CE of all things? I guess the fairly short duration of action is appealing but It's a pretty harsh chemical for a first-timer with digestive issues. I could see him being quite ill for most of the trip, I cetainly was every time I tried it, and diphenhydramine did nothing to reduce it. Why not just give him one hit of acid at about 100-150 mcg, which is the average dose available these days? Was the 2CE all you could get? I don't think he's gonna be too happy that you made him sick as a dog. That stuff's very close to mescaline and has similar nauseating effects whereas LSD produces the least nausea of any psychedelic I've tried yet.

I had my first psychedelic experience on 18mg 2C-E - tons of fun, but quite intense. I'd recommend 10-13mg for your partners first time. Side effects aren't that bad, get up and dance and you won't even notice the "harsh body load", but insane energy and euphoria instead!

I've decided against the whole deal. For one I want to keep it for myself as I doubt I'll see it again. And I agree, 2c-e is not a good first psych. Acid is hard to come by and I still can't find mushrooms in the wild but I'll wait til I come across one of them

I would think AL-LAD or one of the 4-sub tryptamines would be a better choice.

I don't think 2c-e is the material I would start him with. It's kinda unpredictable IME. if your dead set on it then start small. I also don't think it's a good idea for you to take different doses. You don't wanna be totally blown away and unable to make rational decisions if he needs to redose or if he doesn't react well. Either way I think benzos on hand are a must for this situation.

this is good advice.

i also feel lile if you have to ask, the answer is usually ''no.'' but i don't know, may be different for your situation.

why this drug to start? i'd say a low low dose of shrooms or mdma would be a better bet for a first time experience. like low and slowly building up.

this seems too much to aim for for the first trip for him, which could be pretty psychologically damaging. if you aren't completely sure, or if you have any doubts, you may want to take a bit to reevaluate your decision and approach.

If he's never done a psychedelic before I'd suggest a medium dose of 2ci. It's duration isn't super long like 2ce or acid and it's generally very gentle mentally and physically. When I had 500mg of it I'd dose about 15-20mg, put some good music on my iPhone and go for a nice walk through parks and the industrial areas by my house.

Wow. The way I react to 2C-E, I'd say it's perfect for a beginner. It really chills me out.

shaking my head
Why? It's not a dangerous combo.
I don't even care much for codeine normally, but it gets trippy as fuck when I'm on psychedelics. It's also anxiolytic so it should reduce your chances of having a bad trip.

2C-E has provided me with some of my most intense and compelling trips. That said, it's also way too unpredictable for someone's first time IMO. I know quite a few people that react quite badly to 2C-E, and it would be a shame to have your first trip with something that makes you sick.

Why? It's not a dangerous combo.
I don't even care much for codeine normally, but it gets trippy as fuck when I'm on psychedelics. It's also anxiolytic so it should reduce your chances of having a bad trip.

Yeah, I guess I can see how recommending opiates is maybe counter to HR or something? Because of potential addiction? But that really doesn't sound like a problematic suggestion. There's no interaction and it's likely to smooth out the trip. Seems like a fine recommendation.

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with giving 2C-E to your partner. I've shared it with a good number of friends, and everyone has loved it so far. I guess the doses I've given out have been on the conservative side, ranging from 8mg-16mg so that might have something to do with the positive reviews.

Yeah, I guess I can see how recommending opiates is maybe counter to HR or something? Because of potential addiction? But that really doesn't sound like a problematic suggestion. There's no interaction and it's likely to smooth out the trip. Seems like a fine recommendation.
yeah not only because of addiction potential, but also because of possible side effects (nausea, histaminic reactions), which can be magnified by the psychedelic. again, AA sees his own (positive) reaction to something and assumes that it will be alright for everybody.

I also believe that, if you take a new psychedelic the first time, you shouldn't mix it with anything so you can get a good idea of its effects.

I also agree with perpetualdawn in that I don't believe it's a bad idea to give a first timer 2C-E, if the dose is chosen wisely and set and setting are right (which applies to mostly all psychedelics really). the only times I had real problems regarding physical side effects were those when I took a lot (23mg+) or in a not ideal setting (fresh air and the possibility to go outside without problems are essential, 2C-E is too stimulating to hang out inside *imo*). I'd say 10-12mg orally / 7-8mg rectally for a first timer should be fine.

Last edited: