• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Dose levels of IV Diluadid and Opana for a weekend warrior?

Swampthing17

Greenlighter
Checking what you guys think is a safe dose for both on someone not taking opiates every day. I was thinking 2mg for both? Maybe 1mg for the Oxymorphone?

Hmm, I've mostly done heroin, and hydromorphone (Dilaudid) is more potent than heroin. I do know that the usual starting dose of injectable hydromorphone for opiate-naive patients is 1 - 2 mg, but in a hospital this would be given intramuscular or subcutaneous. So I'd probably wanna do less for IV.

Also depends on what opiates you usually use, how often (you say you're not a daily user) and in what amounts.

Oxymorphone is less potent than hydromorphone. I'm not familiar with IV dosing either, but I'd think you'd want at least 5mg.

I'd becareful, with the dillys, try 1mg first and see how you weather. You can always take more but you can't take less

My first time shooting a Dilly was a 2 mg pill. I had a very low opiate tolerance at the time. it was blissful and not scary at all. Before I took that, I've may have taken a morphine pill intermittently over the last couple months. But nothing everyday and very big.

Also I have had 4 surgeries on my knee prior and have eaten plenty of percocet within that time. But it's been years since i've had surgery. I know sometimes opiates can build up a tolerance long term, But not sure if that would play a role in taking something like that several years after.