• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Dont see this posted, 3 dead from ecstasy tablets in the UK

^ A day later and that article still looks like it was written by a 6th grader.

My favorite line...

The Australian Drug Federation says PMA supply in Australia occurs in waves, and is particularly dangerous because its hallucinogenic potency which is "approximately five times that of mescaline and three times that of MDMA."

Huh?

North Wales -Warning over 'Green Apples' ecstasy drug

North Wales Police and Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board are warning people about the danger of a form of ecstasy called 'Green Apples', after the death and serious illness of two local men.

A 19-year-old man from Llangefni died on Saturday after suspected drug use.

Two weeks ago, a 19-year-old man from Bangor was admitted to intensive care after he had taken controlled drugs, but he survived.

From our initial enquiries there appears to be a link in that we understand both young men took the drug ‘Green Apples’ which information suggests is a form of MDMA (Ecstasy), albeit work is ongoing to confirm this.

At this time I would strongly urge those who supply or use ‘Green Apples’ in particular to think hard about what they are doing and to stop immediately.

– DCI ANDREW WILLIAMS, NORTH WALES POLICE

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/update/2013-02-04/warning-over-green-apples-ecstasy-drug/

Ecstasy 'pink love' poison warning from police and doctors

Doctors have joined police in a renewed warning about the dangers of illegal drug taking after two people needed hospital treatment.

North Wales Police said the "pink love" ecstasy tablets are being taken by partygoers on Anglesey.

Experts said the drugs have caused severe reactions in some users.

A similar warning was issued after the death of a 19-year-old man from Llangefni who is thought to have taken tablets known as "green apples".

Dr Linda Dykes, a consultant in emergency medicine at Ysbyty Gwynedd, Bangor, said: "In recent weeks we have seen a number of people brought into hospital as emergency cases after taking recreational drugs.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

Every time you take a street drug, you are trusting your health, or indeed your life, to chance”

Dr Linda Dykes
Ysbyty Gwynedd
"Some of these have suffered very severe reactions requiring admission to intensive care and one patient has sadly died."

Dr Dykes added there are "significant risks" to any drug misuse, especially when it involved drugs bought off the streets or from unregulated sources.

"Users will never actually know what they are taking, its strength or whether or not it is contaminated.

"Every time you take a street drug, you are trusting your health, or indeed your life, to chance."

Acting chief inspector Simon Barrasford of North Wales Police said partygoers were taking dangerous risks.

"I want to make it very clear that the consequences of taking these tablets can be fatal.

"If you have been given to have bought these drugs please do not take them - I ask that you hand them into the police so that they can be destroyed properly and safely.

"I am also asking parents with teenage children to be extra vigilant and to sit down with their sons and daughters and talk through the dangers of taking these drugs," he added.

Police first issued a warning about a deadly batch of ecstasy earlier in February when Thomas Jones, 19, from Llangefni, died after apparently taking the "green apples" drug.

Officers said his death could have been linked to another incident which left a Bangor man "extremely ill".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-21502672

^ me? Referring to that aussie guy caught making pmma in 2010? I don't know, I have no idea what he was doing with it.

lol I was just fucking around.

It's really honestly sad to see such a rise in these deadly drugs though... do dealers have no conscience? They have to know that what they are putting out will likely kill someone...

If anyone wants to have some extra safety though, the Mandelin kit can detect the presence of PMMA. The marquis may be fooled, but the Mandelin should be able to save you.

EZ Test carries them, and I think you can find them from a few other Reagent companies as well. Unfortunately Dancesafe does not carry them :\

yeah it's really bad and for sure and people should test their pills as much as they can, but think of the people who (like i used to do ages ago) buy their pills at raves or in nightclubs and festivals and can't test them, it'd be really good if testing was allowed at all major events, I think there was some European festival where they were testing pills, and they published the results, a team here used to doit at some raves but they got in trouble which is fucked and they had to stop.

It also sux how pma can apparently be made so easy, i hope it doesn't just get worse and worse for pills that contain pma in the future, but I could easy see that happening, more scumbags seem to press any shit they can get their hands on, I wish we had it like some places in Europe with our pills, ie mostly strong mdma ones, but alot of people here don't seem to care what they are making or taking sadly, they'll just eat any old coloured pill with a logo to try and get off their heads, no matter the danger.

Any Aussies (actually it says they ship worldwide) that wont reagent testing kits, there is an ad on top of pillreports that has a link to a decent guy who sells them and they test for pma (as folley said, the mandelin test is the only one that will tell a reaction for pma). It's nice to see 3 mdxx high pills on the top of the aus pr.com site atm, that's rare. lol

Last edited:
yeah thanks, i posted about that on the end of the last page in this thread, can't hurt to add it again tho.

Poledriver, different story, he's yet another one. At least six deaths now North West area of England / North Wales believed attributable to these pink, heart-shaped pills.