• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Done with psychedelics, passed on the torch

Hopefully the phone will ring sometime before you are drinking two bottles of scotch a day.

I personally can never see myself being done with psychs, I'm only 26 but I don't think I'd ever get to a point where I'd want to stop. Slow down but stop, not personally. Fair enough though if that is the point you have reached and I'm glad for you if that's where you are at right now. I hope you can integrate what you've learnt.

I decide to quit all drugs for good just about every time I'm coming up hard on acid hahahah. I just "quit" two weeks ago. Mind you I've eaten a ton of opioids and vaped a shit ton of hash since then... but hey, I've tempered my drinking! Hahah... I dunno, I can't foresee myself ever quitting drugs, because life is too boring without em. Acid gives life that spark for me. I don't bash on people when they decide they've had enough and wana go sober, but I do think they'll come back unless they were never a true druggy to begin with. Of course, wife/kids can sometimes help temper someone. I imagine myself being childless most of life, if not forever, so I doubt that'll be an excuse for me to drop things. My girl accepts my drug use, as long as I don't get off the deep-end really, so again, I don't foresee a wife hampering my use either. For the most part, I'm at a point where I prefer to use cannabis products as my d.o.c. just because it's such an un-serious drug. Other stuff like opioids and beer and even most psychedelics I plan to phase out over time, but not good ol' cannabis.

Last edited:
Myself, I keep my stash even during breaks.

Getting psychedelics again later is difficult to do.

Good thing one of my best buddies has my collection then. I can text him and get them back whenever I want.

I just don't see myself using RC psychedrlics again. I'll be sticking to the classics next time I want to indulge.

I started in 1978 taking psychedelics. Much less choices back then. LSD or rarely but starting to show up more mushrooms. It may have been 1980 that was my first mushroom experience. Morning Glory seeds were a go to also. In all that time I took two solid years off in a row at about 2003-2005. I can say that I am more centered and alive after some trips so going that long I did too drink a lot (to cover opiate withdrawal...yada yada). But then got back into some of the classics, even if all I could get was Morning Glory seeds that I may have grown. (Highly recommended)

Alan Watts: I know he said that statement, but I do believe we all take it out of context. And although I see where Ismene is coming from, we all wish this guy lived longer and not turn to alcohol. But he did and many of us good souls will stumble and fall. But the stumble and fall does not define a whole life. And we can easily say about other people that if they were so spiritual why did they die a long slow death from cancer. Seems silly to me. I know alcohol is chosen and cancer is not (at least we think at this point). We can not negate a whloe person's life based off of being human and falling. Alan Watts touched on some great concepts and I think of those when I think of him, not his ending.

I know what CW says about RC's. I have tried about a handful at least once (with the exception of 2CB) and I do reach for the classics if I need a trip. My experimenting with RC's was over 10 years ago, pre 2004 and that is the last time I even saw an RC. But I did try a few once and if I could things like 2CE and 4-HO-MIPT would be tried again by me.

LOL @ The Black Pirate. Getting older psychedelics for sure get harder to get. We are not in the know as we use to be. So I agree, they can be difficult to get but nature provides some easier ways. But bring me back to 1985 and sheets of genuine acid we almost given away they were so abundant, especially with my Deadhead friends in San Fran or NY. Nowadays I am lost with how that works. Growing older does make it more difficult.

Alan Watts: I know he said that statement, but I do believe we all take it out of context. And although I see where Ismene is coming from, we all wish this guy lived longer and not turn to alcohol. But he did and many of us good souls will stumble and fall. But the stumble and fall does not define a whole life. And we can easily say about other people that if they were so spiritual why did they die a long slow death from cancer. Seems silly to me. I know alcohol is chosen and cancer is not (at least we think at this point). We can not negate a whloe person's life based off of being human and falling. Alan Watts touched on some great concepts and I think of those when I think of him, not his ending.

But if a lifetimes study isn't sufficient to even save yourself then what good is it to anyone else? We take notice of what he says because it's supposed to be some better/wiser way of thinking. I must admit buddhism/hinduism were never any use whatsoever to me when I got depressed. Only mushrooms helped. Interestingly - Watts was going round touring and giving lectures about becoming happier through zen or whatever and then going back to his hotel room and drinking a bottle of scotch. Perhaps it would've been more honest to say "I'm in despair and none of this buddhist shit has worked for me so it might not work for you either".

But if a lifetimes study isn't sufficient to even save yourself then what good is it to anyone else? We take notice of what he says because it's supposed to be some better/wiser way of thinking. I must admit buddhism/hinduism were never any use whatsoever to me when I got depressed. Only mushrooms helped. Interestingly - Watts was going round touring and giving lectures about becoming happier through zen or whatever and then going back to his hotel room and drinking a bottle of scotch. Perhaps it would've been more honest to say "I'm in despair and none of this buddhist shit has worked for me so it might not work for you either".

Gotta agree with most of the above regarding Watts (and the rest) of all the other so called "gurus"

Anyone can talk the talk but at the end of the day you have to get back to porridge and live your life. In Acid Dreams there's a good quote from Huxleys wife where she says something along the lines of what a great time it was regarding LSD before "gurus" and the like came on the scene and basically everyone thought what ever they had to say was gospel. I'm no expert on Watts but from some of what I've read it sounds like he was no better than any of us mortals and could be a real tool at times. (drink will do that to you.) TBH out of all the psychedelic pioneers I'd have rather hung with Shulgin. I'm just not one for the spirituality es when its took to the extremes.

Some people really buy to much into all this guru mumbo jumbo. I see it all the time with folk on youtube making vlogs quoting this that and the other. Tbh I think a lot of them aren't playing with a full deck.

Yes. I have to agree - I prefer reality and honesty to fantasy, delusions and lies. While a man can affect others positively, it still does us no good to delude ourselves about his or his student's shortcomings and illusions. In this regard, I really wish the age of positivity and the asinine notions of "just be positive" would die already. We are much better off being honest with ourselves and our fellow human animals. Talks of Watts and all this brings to mind a poem by Charles Bukowski, which is a knife through the heart of the delusions and illusions of the peace and love and positivity" culture. Enjoy:

The Genius Of The Crowd:

there is enough treachery, hatred violence absurdity in the average
human being to supply any given army on any given day

and the best at murder are those who preach against it
and the best at hate are those who preach love
and the best at war finally are those who preach peace

those who preach god, need god
those who preach peace do not have peace
those who preach peace do not have love

beware the preachers
beware the knowers
beware those who are always reading books
beware those who either detest poverty
or are proud of it
beware those quick to praise
for they need praise in return
beware those who are quick to censor
they are afraid of what they do not know
beware those who seek constant crowds for
they are nothing alone
beware the average man the average woman
beware their love, their love is average
seeks average

but there is genius in their hatred
there is enough genius in their hatred to kill you
to kill anybody
not wanting solitude
not understanding solitude
they will attempt to destroy anything
that differs from their own
not being able to create art
they will not understand art
they will consider their failure as creators
only as a failure of the world
not being able to love fully
they will believe your love incomplete
and then they will hate you
and their hatred will be perfect

like a shining diamond
like a knife
like a mountain
like a tiger
like hemlock

their finest art

A couple of years ago, I had a rough experience on 35mg of 4-Aco-DMT. I was safe at home and nothing bad happened, but the ride was rough. Since that, I've only did 4-Aco-DMT once again at like 8-12mg and the trip was dark. And it's been over a year ago.

I'm looking at ayahuasca therapies in central america and iboga therapies in western Canada. It will probably be the Iboga if I decide to go ahead. I'm not speaking spanish and the flights to central america are expensive and complex from here. I'm not confortable anymore to go deep in my regular environment without some support and guides. I have to work on some patterns.

I had a wonderful experience a year ago without drugs. Just breathing exercises outside at night, and a strong high. Since than, I read a lot about kundalini awakening, and I'm curious about that path. India is calling me.