• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Does speed/amphetamine differ greatly from Adderall/dexamphetamine?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Apart from the cost.

Pharma grade amphetamine is ridiculously expensive.

Grams of speed is not.

Any other primary differences between the two?

They effectively work under the same mechanism of action?

Yeah adderall is much better and healthier for you since it’s a prescription drug and meant to be taken

The "speed" you're referring to that we get in Europe is up to 97% caffeine/crap. It would be cheaper just to buy some caffeine powder.

Well, I don't know about that, but I suppose - theoretically its core constituent is the same, right? (or wrong?)

I mean, from a well reviewed source, per se - the likelihood of higher purity increases I would assume?
Avoiding the billy-bad-ass street vendors.

If you're talking about european speed then yes it's pretty impure as others have said, even if you buy it from a legit source. Speed is racemic amphetamine (the vast majority of time) which means you have 50% dextroamphetamine and 50% levoamphetamine, Adderall is 75% dextro and 25% levo and some pharmaceutical preparations like Dexedrine are 100% dextroamp. Levoamphetamine is not recreational by the way as it acts mainly on the peripheral nervous system.

Street speed is very cheap but that's because it's full of cuts and fillers. However you can do an acetone wash to remove the caffeine and possibly other stuff too (there's plenty of info about that).
Unfortunately some dealers/distributors have started to cut it with research chemicals which can be dangerous if you don't know what you have, so one has to be careful.

So what kind of speed is the UK as I had a point three bomb and fucke Mr up funnooe people take spoonfuls

Yeah adderall is much better and healthier for you since it’s a prescription drug and meant to be taken
No. adderall is on par with simple amphetamine, infact adderall is composed of 12.5% amphetamine sulfate, the major difference is that adderall is 75% d-amp and 25% l-amp

if you're talking speed america wise, its mostly methamphetamine and its much stronger than amphetamine on the come-up but to answer the thread,
Amphetamine itself is 50% of both. vs addys 75/25

which means you have 50% dextroamphetamine and 50% levoamphetamine, Adderall is 75% dextro and 25% levo and some pharmaceutical preparations like Dexedrine are 100% dextroamp. Levoamphetamine is not recreational by the way as it acts mainly on the peripheral nervous system.
you're confusing Levoamphetamine with Lisdexamphetamine perhaps? but even if it only acts peripherally its a strong stimulant as is. levo-amp is what gives speed its noticable kick as 100% d-amp doesn't do quite the trick as i'm a heavy amphetamine user, and its been noted plenty throughout threads on bluelight that dexedrine simply doesn't live up to be on par with adderall.

~edit:you know what, i'm not sure my brains working on this one but i'm not gonna edit it since it mostly seemed correct but i'm on way too much addy and not enough downers right now.

you're confusing Levoamphetamine with Lisdexamphetamine perhaps? but even if it only acts peripherally its a strong stimulant as is. levo-amp is what gives speed its noticable kick as 100% d-amp doesn't do quite the trick as i'm a heavy amphetamine user, and its been noted plenty throughout threads on bluelight that dexedrine simply doesn't live up to be on par with adderall.

~edit:you know what, i'm not sure my brains working on this one but i'm not gonna edit it since it mostly seemed correct but i'm on way too much addy and not enough downers right now.

Lisdexamphetamine (also known as L-lysine-d-amphetamine) is actually a prodrug of dextroamphetamine so it isn't active on it's own. To put it simply, it's a dextroamphetamine molecule bonded to the amino acid L-lysine, and when you consume it the body breaks apart that bond and liberates dextroamp. That's what they put in Vyvanse.

Levoamp is just the enantiomer of dextroamp. I guess the combination of the levo and dextro forms adds something to the effects and I've also heard other people say it gives them a "kick" but I personally prefer 100% dextro cause it feels less dirty. But if you were to take 100% pure levoamphetamine you wouldn't get the amphetamine effects you're used to, in fact it would probably be quite uncomfortable.

How does methamphetamine compare to regular amphetamine?

In terms of effect, and action?

If an ADHD patient ran out of adderall, could they substitute with methamphetamine?

Amph paste feels like a different drug to the pharma stuff.

Meth is like amph only way more stronger and euphoric. Its also 2-3 times longer acting.

They could but since meth is way more fiendy and stronger I dont suggest it.

I'd say they're very similar at low equipotent doses (at least orally). But with street drugs you have no way of truly knowing the purity unless you lab test it.
And yeah meth is very fiendy, specially if smoked or injected. Though amphetamine can be pretty addictive as well.

If an ADHD patient ran out of adderall, could they substitute with methamphetamine?
well, meth is... much more euphoric, but after an hour or two, you tend to want to re-up but i mean i do that with addy anyways but meth i could take much lower doses vs how much i take of addy to get what i'm going for smoking meth blows amphetamine out of the water however, because if we;ll get down to the science of it, amphetamine has a relatively low Blood brain barrier maximum at which it can cross with every second/minute vs methamphetamine having a muuch greater ability to do this, this is why it is much more euphoric (lets not get into quicker absorbption via smoking etc lets assume orally.) but when it comes down to it, methamphetamine is quickly metabolised by the body straight into Dextroamphetamine after it crosses the BBB so the two drugs are really not so different, just the initial percieved effects

Agree with Zonxx, Methamphetamine is more euphoric and libido enhancing than Amphetamine. Meth is pretty much ubiquitous in Australia. A while back, I had some nostalgic memories of having Amphetamine from my uni days so I went on a mission to find some. I got my hands on a couple of bottles of 100 x 10mg Dextroamphetamine Sulfate. I didn't get much at all out of them other than feeling focused. Very dissappointing as my memories were quite different.

For the record, I don't remember specifically having adderall but I'm pretty certain I've been given it to try in the past. The fact I don't remember it probably means the effects were negligible for me. I do, however, remember the occasions when I've had Methylphenidate (Ritalin). For me Methylphenidate and Ethylphenidate affect me the same way as Meth, except they are another level up in the euphoria stakes. If I could get Ethylphenidate instead of Meth I would every single time :)

Apart from the cost.

Pharma grade amphetamine is ridiculously expensive.

Grams of speed is not.

Any other primary differences between the two?

They effectively work under the same mechanism of action?

The purity issue of EU speed has been addressed although it is possible to get up to 30-35% purity based on my experience, but that quality is VERY RARE.

Qualitatively, EU Speed/Amphetamine Sulphate will raise your heart rate and BP more than Adderall and Dexedrine (Dextroamphetamine), and will cause more peripheral vasoconstriction.
An Acetone wash is not always successful at removing cuts as some cuts being used are insoluble in Acetone.
It is still advisable to perform the Acetone wash though, as it will remove any impurities left from the synth.

... but even if it only acts peripherally its a strong stimulant as is. levo-amp is what gives speed its noticable kick as 100% d-amp doesn't do quite the trick as i'm a heavy amphetamine user, and its been noted plenty throughout threads on bluelight that dexedrine simply doesn't live up to be on par with adderall.
This is excactly my exp with dextro-Amphetamine vs racemic. The speed sold over here is btw quite pure and as far as I know not adulterated with Caffein or other active substances.

Levo-Amphetamine is active on it's own, unlike levo-Methamphetamine. And I have a feeling it is largely responseable for the kick and euphoria lacking in the dextro enantiomere.

Meth blows regular amph out of the water. As fas regular amphetamine goes, dextro is the way to go IF it's pharma, otherwise you're likely getting leftover meth gunk,

Meth blows regular amph out of the water. As fas regular amphetamine goes, dextro is the way to go IF it's pharma, otherwise you're likely getting leftover meth gunk,

So the quality of illicit meth is much better than illicit amphetamine - is what you're saying?

So the quality of illicit meth is much better than illicit amphetamine - is what you're saying?
Meth is more euphoric, but other than the fact that meth crosses into the brain quicker which makes it give you more euphoria, the two substances are exactly the same, meth converts/metabolizes right back into D-amphetamine after it crosses the BBB, amphetamine has a maximum amount that can cross at a time the methyl component is what makes meth 'better' in all aspects meth is more or less better because you can get the same effects of amphetamine using much less of a dose.