• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does snorting with nasal hair ruin the effect?

Steady Scootin said:
Wouldn't the dollar you lysol'd just get nasty again as soon as it was inside your wallet, which has had gross money all up in it, even if it was the only bill in there? Seems pointless. I use ink pens that come apart easily, won't bend or cut my nose as easily as a straw, and it's long so I don't break my neck bending over so much.

You can also reassemble the type I use when not in use if you're paranoid

Yea, this is a great option for certain situations - but terrible for others. If you're on the street or a bar/club, the police WILL 100% field test a random pen in your pocket (YES! They will! I can personally attest to American police in the North East taking apart cheap pens found on one's person) if you're already being arrested for something unrelated. Also, many substances are so potent that it is highly inefficient to use a straw that long. I.E: 25B-NBOMe. As far as it getting dirty once you put it back in your wallet - just clean your wallet before hand haha. Lysol the whole thing, and if it's not leather, you can liberally rub it in ethanol hand sanitizer.

I'd discourage anyone who takes drugs up their nose from "aggressive" blowing actions, whether it's with bottled water or the air in your lungs.

It isn't going to get rid of cooties, and you might just force drug or cut agent, dust bunnies or hairs, deeper into your sinuses, or damage those septa worse than they are.

Whatever straw you use, I'd try to avoid forceful deep insertion (into your nostril; with consent, it's encouraged elsewhere) so you don't zest off more nasal tissue. .

To be clear, the only thing I said to do *aggressively* is nose-blowing, and that is simply because sometimes there is mucous deeper in your sinus than you can feel. I do not, in any way, endorse aggressively shoving straws into one's nose, haha. Even snorting the compound at hand should not be done to aggressively - the trick is to make it stick in your sinuses before it gets to your throat/lungs.

I disagree that you shouldn't stick the straw up directly to the orifice inside your nose. NOT past it, but directly below the opening. Everybody's nose is different - if I rail something with the straw just inside my nose, drugs will always get stuck on the roof of my nose. If I keep the straw inside my nose, right under the opening of my nasal cavity, it is much easier for me to evenly spread the powder across the surface (by slowly modulating inhalation speed and intensity) of my mucosa. To each their own. :)

Last edited:
tubbs said:
Yeah that's a great way to suck it down your throat, and not into your nose where it'll absorb through the mucus membrane.

The size of the straw makes a difference too. Cut one of those plastic 7-11 straws and you can suck a full gram down your throat straight to your trachea. I do not recommend that. On the plus side, I think I am now immune to huffing pepper spray.

We're snorting drugs, kids, it's not too hard to roll a tube out of something clean, that's not too wide, and gently place it at the rim of your nostril, nestled within any flowing locks you refuse to trim (the opening will clear those hairs, relax), line up your target and gently inhale.

Lol I will tell you meth' s burn has nothing on the burn of snorted ms contin, unholy Satan's balls that shit burns... well the first one anyway.

No Warning, you or someone you know got randomly searched? If so, I hope you/they lawyered up and sued the mofos. Regardless, a pen, straw, whatever is the least of the worries, considering you'd have stuff on you, even if it wasn't in the pen. Depending on what it is, you couldn't just swallow it, and tossing it is risky, especially on foot.

Have to wish it up your bhole, I suppose.

Lol I will tell you meth' s burn has nothing on the burn of snorted ms contin, unholy Satan's balls that shit burns... well the first one anyway.

I invite you to snort atomoxetine one of these days...

You may need a replacement nose afterwards however.

Lol I currently need one of those, years of cocaine rotted my septum, meth finished the poor guy off.

Oh, you haven't felt pain until you sniff 2C-T7. I've sniffed MS Contin. It's not THAT bad. I used to rail 320mg of oxycodone over ~30mins every day. I used to sniff 64mg of hydromorphone sometimes when I couldn't get oxycodone. (This was in 2005-2008). I used to sniff 16mg of suboxone once in a while after I got clean from oxycodone. I enjoy sniffing Miprocin from time to time. Those all PALE in comparison to the unholy, satanic hellfire that 2C-T7 will unleash upon your sinuses. My whole face burned like I had pressed me face into molten metal, the psychedelic effects made me feel like Lucifer himself was lifting me up by shoving his claws up my nose. The "trip" lasted around 6 hours, and I swear my eyes were watering and I was burying my face in a pillow for 3/4 of it.

One time, I cut my a-PVP with cayenne pepper, so that I could only use it orally. I thought hat doing this would be enough to deter me from going off the deep end sniffing or smoking it. I ended up sniffing the cayenne/aPVP mixture anyway. Many times.

2C-T7 was worse than that. MUCH worse. I don't think that there are really enough possible descriptions in language to truly relate it to you guys. If you all ever find yourself with some 2C-T7 (or HOT-7 these days) DO NOT EVEN THINK OF SNIFFING IT!

No Warning, you or someone you know got randomly searched? If so, I hope you/they lawyered up and sued the mofos. Regardless, a pen, straw, whatever is the least of the worries, considering you'd have stuff on you, even if it wasn't in the pen. Depending on what it is, you couldn't just swallow it, and tossing it is risky, especially on foot.

Have to wish it up your bhole, I suppose.

It wasn't really "random", I was already under arrest for assault and they found a pen on me. Opened it up and it tested positive for THC. I had been smoking wax off foil - I didn't have a vape at the time and it's kind of a bitch to bring a dab rig around with you in a bar. Pretty easy to take a quick hit off foil in the bathroom though ;) I had finished the wax, and crumpled up the used foil and flushed it, but I still had the pen in my pocket. They hit me with a paraphernalia charge, but I beat that by saying someone at the bar had given me the pen so I could write my phone number down for them. =D

Last edited:
You could pick a random urban pedestrian 18-35 and get a 90% positive for THC. The city of Oakland itself stinks like skunk some nights.

Aren't Californians composed of 90% thc? That was my impression.

Lower here in the valley. It has to compete with Hmong moonshine and, of course, lots and lots of meth.

Mmm meth, us st louisans are composed mainly of meth, heroin, and whiskey.

This became an odd(yet surprisingly and irreverently informative) thread.

Think the nose hair issue has been dissected quite thoughly

Lethal amoebas and cops testing pens? Wow ? just wow

It's a mere glimpse of our collective wisdom here in the Other Drugs Forum.

Lol let me find some tweak, and I'll blow your minds

This became an odd(yet surprisingly and irreverently informative) thread.

Think the nose hair issue has been dissected quite thoughly

Lethal amoebas and cops testing pens? Wow ? just wow

^Haha

Well, you said it - the thread has beaten the final boss and is now just looking for extras.

In that case, I suppose it wouldn't be terribly inappropriate for me to use this opportunity to say Hi man! Glad to see you still posting.

You too

Yeah for awhile wasn't around or posting much. Had some serious issues start up and it was a tough year. Wishing for a Happy New year(and healthy) New Year, for sure.

And happy belated holidays and new year, and mid season replacements etc to all of you, and all of BL

Live Long and Prosper

One advantage to using drugs up your nose, if your concern is nose hair preventing more use of drugs up your nose, is the more drugs you put up your nose, the less hair you'll have in your nose. A positive feedback loop, in the sense it'll give you a positive feeling when the drugs hit.

Negative if you consider that a sign of serious usage and health problems.

That's according to the chapter "Recognizing the Alcoholic or Substance-Abusing Patient in your Practice" from the book Alcohol and Drug Abuse as Encountered in Office Practice by Frank L. Iber. Page 54 states without reference that besides other banal nasofacial presentations, there will be "loss of nasal hair."

I think the arrogance of assuming a trim nose and occasional nose-blowing--in a doctor's office--is indicative of drug abuse just shows the stigma attached to our simple vices.

As if this thread could hold any more, here's some decent OT stuff though:

The human nose can accommodate a dose of 25-500 uL per nostril
Permeability of the posterior portion of the nose is higher than that of the anterior portion
Slowly absorbing drug should be deposited in the anterior part
Fast absorbing drug in the posterior part of the nose

Increase in the mucociliary clearance rate decreases residence or contact time between drug and the epithelium and reduced drug absorption
Bioadhesives or viscocist enhancers may increase the residence time and increase nasal drug absorption
Ciliated epithelium is present in the middle and upper part of the turbinates
Drugs deposited in the posterior part of the nasal cavity are removed more quickly than a drug deposited in the anterior part of the nasal cavity

Transcellular transport Across cell membranes Favors lipophilic molecules
Paracellular transport Through tight junction between cells
Pores limit molecules to less than 1000 daltons

I found that after I shaved my nasal hair (normal amount lol) the oxycodone hit me much harder the last few times I snorted it. Never thought of it before but if you have hairs alot of any kind of snorted drug like heroin or cocaine must get stuck in them and not absorbed or does it not make much difference?
I didn't read the entire 2 pages,,,, but, IMO, it shouldn't matter too much. Take a straw or similar and shove it right past the hair. Problem solved. Worst case, you get a little bonus when the "stuck" substance finally reaches its destination. Another thing that helps, is a saline nasal spray. Use it periodically and things will work better. I wouldn't know, I heard it somewhere ;)