• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Does smoking crack indoors have an odor?

Well... sometimes it takes someone familiar with the smell to recognize it.
Yeah I think a lot of drugs are like this. I once got into an Uber car that reeked of black tar heroin, the dude obviously lived out of his car and smoked his shit in it, but when I looked at his profile it was all positive reviews.

It's a smell I can recognize from miles away, but to someone who doesn't know, it might just smell like they ate some weird vinegary BBQ sauce in their car... it certainly has a VERY strong smell to it, but is more organic and food like not chemical like

I mean hell, to a person who lives under a rock, weed smell might just smell like an innocent skunk...

I think it does if you aren't a user. It doesn't linger or seem to accumulate like nicotine. It's not an odour I associate with anything positive and I'm sure people will recognize that odour is one of the most primitive senses in that it can trigger emotions before rational thought recognises what has caused the response.

I should add that I've never witnessed anyone actually freebasing cocaine so I don't know what odors that might produce.

Usefully @Skorpio is very well read in the field of odor analysis and I suppose he would be able to provide a more factual answer.
Methyl benzoate is the most promo many odorant in cocaine, but I am not sure if it would be found in crack or washed out. It is a cocaine hydrolysis product, so it may form spontaneously.

This paper lists methyl benzoate as the principal odorant in cocaine, with methyl cinnamate, trans-cinnamic acid, and anhydroecogaine methyl ester as the principle odorants detected by drug dogs (when isolated by GC). This however may reflect a bias of the training of the dogs, as they often don't train on the drug, rather a pure chemical found in the drug, such as methyl benzoate for cocaine, or beta-caryolhyline for weed.

Its ridiculously strong.. people try and use cinnamon candles/incenses to cover it but if its fire and you have a decent amount its as recognizable as dank grass.. nothing smells like it. I walked Ito a hotel once and was literally shocked at the smell in the hall coming from someones room.

I think my house manager has orders not to kick out anyone who’s paying rent cause we’re half full so I can basically do whatever I want. But this isn’t working out I can’t keep doing this the crack is making me take subutex to come down so now I’m probably gonna withdrawal from both.

I work a physically demanding full time job and can’t really be tired or take time off so I’m just completely fucking myself