• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does requesting a opiate medication to prevent using cause a red flag, even if you don't use... but might... and use kratom quite a bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no dr is going to give you opiates to keep you from using and on top of that it might get you a flag in your chart
you do not want a flag in your chart
you then run the risk of being undermedicated for pain in the future as in the rest of your life
the last thing you should do is ask your dr like that sorry

this article is pretty grim and shows how all the things people normally do when in pain now become black check marks forever in a algorithm that can cut you off from ever getting pain medication

bet ill deal... lol

no dr is going to give you opiates to keep you from using and on top of that it might get you a flag in your chart
you do not want a flag in your chart
you then run the risk of being undermedicated for pain in the future as in the rest of your life
the last thing you should do is ask your dr like that sorry

this article is pretty grim and shows how all the things people normally do when in pain now become black check marks forever in a algorithm that can cut you off from ever getting pain medication

im not willing to do anything other then cry a little harder if im in ER

Oh they had the same in Zurich/Switzerland three decades ago, a huge open drug scene with dealers, rotting people etc. near the major train station - first let it be, then raided and arrested all the people and finally settled for an easy availability of opioid maintenance, even pharm grade IV diamorphine is available for hard cases now. As said, only requirement for getting a morphine XR script was one positive urine sample and some interview, then got a weeks worth of pills instantly. And I wasn't even there for heroin addiction but primarily for dissociatives, which was a term I first had to explain them.

Weird fact about Japan, didn't know that yet.
You always bring weird and interesting facts to the table. Here's another one. I was in Kyoto which is a beautiful city that was not bombed during World War II even though it had been on the list of targets for the atom bomb. Japan's historical capital it has famous Buddhist monasteries and parks and gardens. I was there just for a day or two and walking home to where I was staying one night I turned down an alley and saw a vending machine at the far end. It had colorful objects including something that was very bright pink. I went over to see. The vending machine sold booze half and full bottles of whiskey. In the bottom left-hand corner was a large plastic dildo. Since this was in 1990 before Snapchat you just have to take my word for it. Or you don't it doesn't matter because I know what happened I know it's real

I'm sorry that this is the reality, but your choices are Buprenorphine or Methadone. That's it and there are not other options available to you that would not be considered complete and total exceptions to the rule and would most likely be considered completely illegal (doctors can't prescribe drugs for the purpose of treating addiction in the United States outside of Buprenorphine or Methadone). I know people who are dying from stuff like AIDS who are given prescriptions for Opioids, but again, these are not normal instances. Apparntely they are changing things up in Canada, but even that is gonna happen slowly and not be available to the masses for a little while.

So, I'm going to close this, as the discussion is in reality pretty close to sourcing and doesn't really have the potential for arriving at a better answer than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.