• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth Does Real meth even exist anymore??

I am much more fascinated with the debate about MDMA and mehDMA,

because it is my opinion that rolling properly on some quality product be it MDMA or MDA or a benzofuran or even a cathinone like 4-mmc/methylone offers so much more than the “super sober” aspect of hard stimulants

4-mar I wanna try.

first time I tried meth I sniffed a line and was up for 24 hours and I liked it so much I decided not to seek it out for fear of addiction. There was no crash also. This was east coast 2004.

i moved west coast a few years ago and naturally I picked up a habit around 2015 lasting until today. Not daily but more than just on weekends.

I hear it all the time on west coast how old skool crank one bump had you flying for days all weekend. That was never my experience but I don’t think I ever did the good old stuff.

According to the Wikipedia, the manufacture of pseudoephedrine entails the following steps

The pseudoephedrine is derived from yeast fermentation of dextrose in the presence of benzaldehyde. In this process, specialized strains of yeast (typically a variety of Candida utilis or Saccharomyces cerevisiae) are added to large vats containing water, dextrose and the enzyme pyruvate decarboxylase (such as found in beets and other plants). After the yeast has begun fermenting the dextrose, the benzaldehyde is added to the vats, and in this environment the yeast converts the ingredients to the precursor l-phenylacetylcarbinol (L-PAC). L-PAC is then chemically converted to pseudoephedrine via reductive amination.

So what would be the step here that's blocking cartels with lots of money to replicate this manufacture in their huge facilities? Access to the special strains of yeast? The conditions of temperature and pressurization during these steps? The "cartels" in China or Burma seem to be able to master the production of pseudoepherine, so why not in Mexico?

I live in Arizona, and I've got to say that although sometimes it doesn't seem as other times, we really do have real meth here...

Anytime a friend visits from back east, and they try the meth here, they are completely blown away.

Is it at all possible that you just go to the wrong people for the meth you buy? Maybe what you keep getting is so stepped on that it sucks...which would suck, no doubt...

I can confirm this. My cook used to source his meth when he wasn't cooking from the white trash trailer parks south of phoenix. This is the only place that i am aware of but i am sure there are some other labs here and there. Unfortunately since it's so difficult to source sudafed most of it is kept within these communities.

My cook used to send me shit every month up until his arrest a few years ago and i've done side to side tests with cartel meth. It's like night and day. Cartel meth made me paranoid, edgy, tired, and introverted. When I took a line of my cooks meth it did the opposite - gave me super strength, an 6-8 hour euphoric rush, made me very social and up for anything. Normally i would hit some clubs.

I read the effects some other users experienced and it just reafirms that cartel meth is inferior to pseudo meth. The youngins who have not done real meth think the effects they are getting from cartel shit is legit because it's all they know. It's sad they will never get the chance to experience the real thing.

According to the Wikipedia, the manufacture of pseudoephedrine entails the following steps

So what would be the step here that's blocking cartels with lots of money to replicate this manufacture in their huge facilities? Access to the special strains of yeast? The conditions of temperature and pressurization during these steps? The "cartels" in China or Burma seem to be able to master the production of pseudoepherine, so why not in Mexico?

When people hear "super labs" they imagine these huge factory spaces with clean conditions. Do yourself a favor and youtube cartel meth superlab and you'll be shocked to learn that these "super labs" are nothing more than car garage spaces with a couple cooks mixing ingredients very un-scientifically.

Another tell tale sign is the fact that these cartels are able to consistenly make very large shards. Ask any real cook and he will tell you it is extremely difficult to get shards that size. My cook used to send me shards the size of small pebbles but they were extremely hard to break and were clear. The mexican shards crumble and are all cloudy. Not good meth.

Last edited:
When people hear "super labs" they imagine these huge factory spaces with clean conditions. Do yourself a favor and youtube cartel meth superlab and you'll be shocked to learn that these "super labs" are nothing more than car garage spaces with a couple cooks mixing ingredients very un-scientifically.
Yeah, the situation about drug production and distribution is fucked. Even research chemicals are sometimes made in backyard garage laboratories. The thing that they seem to be unable to produce 4-MAR speaks for itself. Why invest in proper tech when you might get raided anyways and also can sell impure shit anyways?

This is a myth that needs to die. There are some parts of the USA which have some stomped on shit that's less than half pure. But meth is meth. Regardless of how it's formulaic extraction goes with which precursors - it's still methamphetamine

If you know you're getting cut stuff, it's time to find a better source. Here in (most of with Vancouver being an exception) Canada we deal mainly in chemical precursors rather than Cartel stuff transported through the Baja-California border. Everything here is home cook and it's generally over 90% pure. Obviously there are exceptions where batches are less pure, and the farther down the totem pole you go the more you pay for cut garbage. But even then meth is meth.

To anyone who's getting the better stuff that's available and you think it's not as good as 20 years ago because of this precursor or that cartel. The extraction method doesn't matter if methamphetamine is the product. There are many instances in chemistry where one substance can be replaced with another. If the properties are similar enough to achieve the same result, then it's fine. Be sure to wash your stuff with anhydrous acetone if you feel your stuff is cut or feels more toxic than it should. It's a good idea to learn how to do that anyway.

Generally the reason why people think meth was so much better before is because their brains weren't fried by years of use. The experience wasn't as well tolerated experietially by hundreds and thousands of uses too. You get used to drugs you do all the time. You'll never gain the novelty back after a point.

To gain back some of the effect of meth use, take breaks and eat healthy to regain your neuronal balance. Take supplements even. Remember that the glory days are over.

So I don't regularly use meth or any drugs besides weed/nicotine/lsd. I like to keep my hard drug use sporadic at most, maybe once a year or a couple times annually, maybe. I haven't smoked meth for about 2 years. When I went for a bit of a binge 5 or so years back and was using it once a week, sometimes a twice a week and did that for a few months, I smoked all sorts of 'different' meth. Some of it was average, some of it was really fucking good. But it all felt the same for the most part - you just had to smoke more of it/got a worse deal if it was average. Only with the exception of this one smoke I had with this friend of a friend. He pulled out his pipe and started it up then passed it to me. I only had one drag(and was using casually, so had some tolerance) and I was flying. I only got that high off meth by smoking 2-3 hits minimum of what I considered 'good stuff', so it was pretty fucking strong to say the least. Anyway, that stuff still had the same high, it just hit me so hard and fast, and with just the one hit. Maybe there was some kind of special unique kind of high from that guys stuff purely because of how quickly it hit - bit of a rush that I hadn't experienced smoking in other times.

Anyway I got my hands on some meth last week. Its the 'better' stuff available on my local dnm but maybe not the best. I figured hey while my mate is ordering other stuff I'll get a quarter gram and have a fun weekend gaming and fucking. All the feedback is positive, people seem to rate this guys product as 'the best they've had' or at least 'good'. Lots of very very happy customers over a long time. The vendor has been operating for quite a while and there's no reason to suspect its bullshit from where I'm sitting.

Here's the thing. I would normally go halves on a quarter gram with a friend or two, and that would be us for the day. I figured with no tolerance, a quarter to myself should be more than enough for a weekend. It taste like good meth. It smokes like good meth. It looks like good meth. It tests as meth. Everything you can see or figure out before actually ingesting it says 'this is good meth'. But the high is really.. lacking. I smoked the entire quarter gram over a couple hours(which I've never done!). The first few hits, felt similar and like - I was high.. but I didn't have that meth energy. Shit 'felt good'. Everything looked better. I was in a good mood. Could easily concentrate on stupid shit with no problem. Did heaps of cleaning and I didn't sleep for 48 hours. Don't get me wrong, I had energy just not the intense type I'm used to.

Every time I smoked meth in the past I got this 'WOOOO!!!'. Like I didn't feel like I was in a 'good mood', I felt unstoppable on those highs. My heart rate increased, I would sweat a bit, I would have intense jaw clenching urges. However none of this happened on this quarter gram. It was like everything else was there but not the 'LETS DO THIS!!!' buzz I always had on meth. On this stuff last week, my heart rate didn't seem any different(maybe just only slightly elevated). I wasn't sweating. Jaw clenching was very mild. However I did have quite intense 'meth vision' similar to what I'd get from similar doses of actual 'good stuff'(halos around lights), so I don't think this was heavily cut. That is the only thing I could think but then it smoked so well and cleanly - like as clean as meth can be basically.

This leads me to think maybe its different meth entirely. I have seen conversations here pop up about racemic(?) vs some other shit(?) and am now considering whether the meth I used to get was actually really good and what most people get now is crap in comparison but still pretty 'meth-y' in terms of motivation/energy so people don't know any better? Especially people new to it that haven't tried actual(?) meth. I know in the past my meth was very local(usually) and the cook was only separated by one person. I'm going to assume they were using psuedo based on my location - where as this last weeks stuff is likely(or at least more likely) to be imported from china/mexico/wherever using whatever methods/precursors they have.

Anyway, bit disappointing. I don't really see whatever this is as a recreational drug. If I was going to use this again, it would be purely as a work tool when a really big weekend is on or something. I found I could easily hide the fact I was high on this meth - something that is usually very difficult to do for me in the past. Holding my tongue and not talking was surprisingly easy. Lack of intense jaw clenching, sweating and so on. The more I think about it the more I feel like it was very similar to Ritalin.. and thats what I'd use if I needed to be up and operating for an extended time.. not this overpriced and no doubt more harmful substance.

You probably got some bunk If other stuff makes you feel better and this doesnt. Then the other stuff was better. I doubt your tolerance skyrocketed that quickly. It doesn't sound like you're even using all too often to worry about that.

Don't go by everyone else's review. People always talk up their dope games everywhere you go. It's ridiculous. You got garbage.

@moonyham
I agree with @Joey
Probably just not good shit...at least you have the energy. My tolerance now is probably really high, but within the last year where I am it's just mostly garbage... That Rick flair (WOOO) feeling you speak of is hard for me to find anymore. I will be awake but some times I get zero energy & zero motivation..I have the obsessive cheek/lip biting.. and all typical shit but I eat and sleep every day.
I would like to ask your guys opinion on a - new -symptom of mine if that's allowed?
I've never gotten this before...it's almost like I'm over amping which I've done many of times 😵‍💫..but it comes with this (?euphoric? Idk..) feeling that I've felt but can't remember when... But it's incredibly strong to me.. it sits in my throat/chest/stomach... I actually had to stop and take some breaths today, after around 5 hours it was still there and still really intense..
Doesn't happen every time...but I almost want to say it's a desired effect from something I've used before but I don't remember what.

@moonyham
I agree with @Joey
Probably just not good shit...at least you have the energy. My tolerance now is probably really high, but within the last year where I am it's just mostly garbage... That Rick flair (WOOO) feeling you speak of is hard for me to find anymore. I will be awake but some times I get zero energy & zero motivation..I have the obsessive cheek/lip biting.. and all typical shit but I eat and sleep every day.
I would like to ask your guys opinion on a - new -symptom of mine if that's allowed?
I've never gotten this before...it's almost like I'm over amping which I've done many of times 😵‍💫..but it comes with this (?euphoric? Idk..) feeling that I've felt but can't remember when... But it's incredibly strong to me.. it sits in my throat/chest/stomach... I actually had to stop and take some breaths today, after around 5 hours it was still there and still really intense..
Doesn't happen every time...but I almost want to say it's a desired effect from something I've used before but I don't remember what.

Next time I see a mate who indulges in meth I'll have a taste of theirs and see what I find. I do find it very strange though... Like if it was shit/cut then it wouldn't burn so perfectly, right? I'm not experienced enough to be 100% on that but this was pretty much 'perfect' as a product, minus the intensity im used to. I've only experienced clearly/overly cut meth once. Was wet and had sugar in pretty sure. Tasted gross and fucked up the pipe. Also if it was shit/cut then surely this vendor wouldnt have extensive positive feedback and an aged profile?

I did just think though.. It's meth. I've only bought other less hardcore shit in DNMs.. Where people like, ya know, deal like regular dealers.. Not like meth dealers 🤣 could just be me getting screwed..

@moonyham
Looks can be deceiving when it comes to ice. Idk what DNMs is but there's always that possiblity that you can get some weak dope. Biggest thing is to try it (IMO). Then buy what you want. If it is bunk pay for your point or whatever you tried unless your cool with dude. And no hard feelings..
Where people like, ya know, deal like regular dealers.. Not like meth dealers 🤣
Idk what that exactly means lol.
Where your at is it common that your dealer only deals one substance at a time?

@moonyham
Looks can be deceiving when it comes to ice. Idk what DNMs is but there's always that possiblity that you can get some weak dope. Biggest thing is to try it (IMO). Then buy what you want. If it is bunk pay for your point or whatever you tried unless your cool with dude. And no hard feelings..

Idk what that exactly means lol.
Where your at is it common that your dealer only deals one substance at a time?

Yeah it was not a huge cost, is what it is, drugs are way better than what I expect most of the time so it all balances out right.

As for dealers.. Yeah kinda. In my experience meth is very polarized in the drug community and you have drug dealers who either will or won't touch meth. Most drug dealers sell atleast a couple things though, yeah. The few meth dealers I've met have been the sketchiest people ever haha.

I just realised this is even true on our local DNM. You've got three tiers of dealers basically. Meth/heroin who generally only sell meth or heroin and nothing else or maybe some coke or morphine pills etc. Then there's the less hardcore mdma/cocaine/lsd/pharmaceuticals. Then the most chill of the bunch, the 'only natural, dude' guys who sell weed, dmt, shrooms, mescaline etc.

That's a very accurate reflection of real life dealers here.

Like if it was shit/cut then it wouldn't burn so perfectly, right?
MSM is a common cutting agent which all in all appears, tastes, and vaporizes in a very similar way to meth. Meth is vaporized just so you know, not burnt. If you're burning your meth as in making it burn dark brown or black, you're putting too much heat on with the lighter and destroying your product.

Hold your lighter away from the pipe, wait for the meth to melt and then come to a slight simmer and starting to smoke and then take the heat off. Your smoke will plume and you'll get a big hit without discoloring or burning your meth at all.

Is this your problem maybe? Burning your meth would make the results less than desirable.