• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth Does Real meth even exist anymore??

ketaset84

Greenlighter
I think we both (at least a small group here) know the answer to that question: no, real methamphetamine doesn’t exist anymore, other than that manufactured by pharmaceutical companies and sold under the brand name Desoxyn, or its generic versions.

The DEA has been shutting down the sale of precursors all over the world since the 1990s, and they’ve pretty much succeeded in their shitty method of fucking over people that can do a bit of chemistry. What this means is that there isn’t enough pseudoephedrine in the world anymore to make as much meth as is supposedly being sold in the US. Nobody can make it, because the ingredients don’t exist anymore.

We all hate the awful Mexican drug cartels for selling us garbage for two decades, if for their shitty business practices alone. Selling us fake shit is about as low as it gets, and those scum bags deserve to burn in hell for it.

I’m at least glad to see (slivers) that someone else actually realizes that the so-called “super meth” from Mexico (which is a scientific impossibility) is nothing but pure garbage, and always has been. There’s so many young people today that have never even had real methamphetamine, but they sure seem to know everything about “meth”, especially on reddit and here .

In reality, unless you had it by the late 1990s to 2010 at the latest, what you’ve been trying to get high on isn’t anything psychoactive at all, it’s just garbage masquerading as real dope.

What a shitty end to such an amazing and useful chemical with such a long history of medical use.

You could try some Burmese or Chinese or Philippine meth. That's been satisfactorily blowing my brains out for the last 18 months. Apparently there is now a reasonable amount of it entering the US via Canada. I've heard people there are just as likely to get Asian meth as they are Mexican meth.

Pseudo as a precursor is still widely available in Asia but there is also a lot of cooking using the P2P route.

This doesn't even make sense...
Nobody can make meth because the ingredients don't exist anymore? High quality meth coming from mexico is a "scientific imposibility"?? (Whatever that means)

Come on man, this is just an over complicated way to say "back in my day drugs were real".

Where do you think your pre 2010 meth came from? Mexican cartels have been exporting tons of meth at least since the year 2000.

This doesn't even make sense...
Nobody can make meth because the ingredients don't exist anymore? High quality meth coming from mexico is a "scientific imposibility"?? (Whatever that means)

Come on man, this is just an over complicated way to say "back in my day drugs were real".

Where do you think your pre 2010 meth came from? Mexican cartels have been exporting tons of meth at least since the year 2000.
Its called no access to psuedoephedrine, 5 mins of research could of taught you that brother. Its not fucking nostalgia etc. if u were using product pre 2013 youd know what im talking about

Your inclination to rationalise a personal issue as an external and vastly widespread deception of impossible proportions would probably be a dead giveaway to you if it weren't for the all the meth you've used.

Its called no access to psuedoephedrine, 5 mins of research could of taught you that brother. Its not fucking nostalgia etc. if u were using product pre 2013 youd know what im talking about

I’ve read about half a dozen scientific papers arguing that the product produced by the P2P method is chemically indistinguishable from the product produced by Birch/Nazi and other methods using pseudoephedrine.

It’s the methamphetamine HCL molecule. Plus a bunch of other shit. And also often with way too much l-isomer rather than d-isomer.

But presumedly if you have racemic meth you only need to double your dose! *

*actually not quite because the relative proportions of the two isomers influence subjective effects.

D-meth and racemic are a bit different, but he's saying that meth has stopped existing. Suddenly, a chemical synthesis as calculable as '2+2' has stopped producing '4'. Also, all testing the world over has started producing false positives and the millions of subjective outcomes producing methamphetamine effects are all the result of naivety.

This is why I stopped fucking with meth. People will inflate and exaggerate their own experiences to such unreasonable degrees and feel that they are the only sane one in the room. I stopped being able to empathize a long time ago.

D-meth and racemic are a bit different, but he's saying that meth has stopped existing. Suddenly, a chemical synthesis as calculable as '2+2' has stopped producing '4'. Also, all testing the world over has started producing false positives and the millions of subjective outcomes producing methamphetamine effects are all the result of naivety.

This is why I stopped fucking with meth. People will inflate and exaggerate their own experiences to such unreasonable degrees and feel that they are the only sane one in the room. I stopped being able to empathize a long time ago.

Yes. The Occams Razor explanation for why the contemporary meth experience is not the same as ‘way back when I was in with the Hells Angels’ is that batches produced by P2P are racemic and the good old stuff was 100 % d-meth.

However, there is ample evidence that the cartels have mastered isomer conversion and are using it. There is time series data showing the ups and downs on % of d-meth in seizures throughout the US. Purity and potency did deteriorate in places at times, but the data says the trend is up and had been for years.

You can make some real meth out of pseudoephedrine today just as you could in the days of yore.

Yeah, I've seen people do it with a few pills for a sub gram yield in tiny cardboard milk jug lab... probably has radioactive cancerous impurities in it as well, but still.

I've been vaguely curious about trying, just to see if I could do it.

Yeah, I've seen people do it with a few pills for a sub gram yield in tiny cardboard milk jug lab... probably has radioactive cancerous impurities in it as well, but still.

I've been vaguely curious about trying, just to see if I could do it.
Yeah: it’s not impossible to put together a couple of boxes of sudafed here. I’ve mused over the wisdom of making some old-school just for compararative purposes.

But I’m afraid of chemical burns and explosions. Deeply afraid.

But I’m afraid of chemical burns and explosions. Deeply afraid.
Reminds me of the time my coworker opened his cars coolant reservoir with a hot engine. Severely burned his face. If he was not wearing glasses he would likely be blind. I drove him to the hospital, scary night.

As you known, there is a thread regarding this issue on the neuroscience & pharmacology subforum. You could learn a thing or two if you read the comments and stopped being so stubborn for a minute.
Bluelight exists so people can learn accurate information about drugs. Obviously everyone is encouraged to share their experiences, but in this case you're making gross generalizations and giving misleading statements.

The HI/red phosphorus reduction of ephedrine or pseudoephedrine to methamphetamine was discovered more than 100 years ago. Yeah it's the easiest and most straightforward method to make d-meth from pharmaceutical ephedrine/pseudo, but it's far from being the only one, there are plenty of other methods (incluiding many variations of the "P2P" route).
When you are as rich as the cartels making d-meth isn't particularly difficult.

Also the vast majority of today's meth isn't racemic, it's mainly crystal dextro-methamphetamine. The purity appears to be pretty high as well on average (there are plenty of sources showing this), but of course there will always be dealers that cut their products to make a bigger profit. But compared to most street drugs crystal meth is generally a much higher quality product, specially if you compare it to things like cocaine and heroin.

Of course real meth exists. There will always be great meth for the tweaker demand these days.

The closer you are to good quality product the more in danger you will be, lol. Because of the crazy, you know. And the crazy people involved with meth in general are not to be trusted until proven otherwise, lol... Look out for your fellow tweakers, tweakers. They definitely the type to take your stuff at random and bail :D

Of course real meth exists. There will always be great meth for the tweaker demand these days.

The closer you are to good quality product the more in danger you will be, lol. Because of the crazy, you know. And the crazy people involved with meth in general are not to be trusted until proven otherwise, lol... Look out for your fellow tweakers, tweakers. They definitely the type to take your stuff at random and bail :D

Statistically, more property crimes have been committed by junkies in Australian cities than by tweakers. I suspect it’s the reverse for crimes against the person.

Please no tweaker shaming.

Statistically, more property crimes have been committed by junkies in Australian cities than by tweakers. I suspect it’s the reverse for crimes against the person.

Please no tweaker shaming.

loool I'm actually dying :p Forgive me tweaker community. I will cancel myself.

Back when heroin was a US pain medication (can we go back to these times?) it was noted surprisingly that junkies were relatively harmless to others when high--but the dopesick iteration was the time when crimes were being committed. The only person I know who smoked crystal attacked someone with a katana so.... maybe I've got the wrong impression. My bad guys.

It was noted surprisingly that junkies were relatively harmless to others when high.

It’s hard to hurt people when you are asleep.

The only person I know who smoked crystal attacked someone with a katana so.....

Snap! I know that guy. And his mates. Or at least I know of a dozen stories of katana-wielding tweakers here in Australia. It was actually in the news here again a few weeks ago.

Sounds a lot like they should ban katanas to me.

It’s hard to hurt people when you are asleep.

Snap! I know that guy. And his mates. Or at least I know of a dozen stories of katana-wielding tweakers here in Australia. It was actually in the news here again a few weeks ago.

Sounds a lot like they should ban katanas to me.

My issue with the katanas is their unique role as the ever popular tweaker method of choice. There are far more optimal offensive routes that do not make people look at you (wielding the katana) and say "wow let's definitely call the police ASAP because is that a katana?"

I do give bonus points for the creativity but I am just not down to be attacked by that weapon or to do any attacking in general. It's probably better to keep a low profile on the stronger stimulants but I can't say I know for sure. Any way.