• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Does Mescaline work on SSRIs? Plus, why I hate SSRIs.

I procure on my own because I was denied Ketamine by my psychiatrist saying I’m not suicidal enough -no joke.

I know nothing about chemistry so I'm not sure I could do that, and I've never actually bought an RC online so I'd be cautious about pulling it off without getting in trouble and knowing that what I got was legit. I know most people here have done that but for me I've just gotten drugs the usual ways.

Is it actually really easy to do a San Pedro extraction?
No, it's not really easy. That's why I wrote in my previous - "Mesc extraction is in fact tricky. I have a friend that was capable of doing some pretty advanced stuff yet he failed his first peyote extraction, nothing went to waste but he first ended with a black goo."
But that's should discourage you from doing it. If you can find all the needed chemicals the process in some ways can be almost rewarding as using it. Well, you need to love doing such stuff at least a bit. But if you do, even few failed attempts leading to some frustration are kind of a build up to that fantastic feeling when you end up with a home-made mesc xtals. Personally I think that can be a great way to pull yourself toward brighter day.
I've never done mesc extraction, but only cuz in my country all mesc containing cactis are illegal so a few times I had them doing extraction on a such a small amount would be pretty pointless and wasteful.

I have done Salvia a bunch of times but it's been years. Yes, it has some unpleasant aspects at times but also some positive ones. I'll try it again at some point.
I'm of believe that experience is what's main thing behind psychedelics & dissos helping people and much else is just placebo. Recently K clinics tried out placebo as part of research and it worked just fine, as placebo does. I'll be getting closer to my main points from other thread. As in, it's all mostly marketing and getting high.
So no reason you can't have that breaktrough, my life is finally good kick out of Salvia experience any less than from next intense drug.
I have always wanted to try DMT but never found it before. Would I still be able to trip fully or at least somewhat and safely on DMT while still being on prozac?
Physically it should be safe. There's nothing that would make that combo of significant danger, in a physical sense. But taking X times more than what's usually needed might be another story. I've smoked very high doses of DMT and felt a lot of healing effects, might call it profound but every substance at some point, at some dose becomes dangerous, more so in combo.
But if you start within normal range I think you have no real reason to fear for physical consequences as for mental, you'll be among pioneers as I don't think many people break trough SSRIs blocks. People break trough even opiate antagonists and many survive, what you would be doing isn't nowhere as dangerous, in a physical sense. In fact you could say it's no more dangerous than a caffeine + booze combo when it comes to physical danger if you stay within reasonable range.
That's my guess and I'm pretty confident you have no reason to fear this as long as you can handle psychedelics but should be prepared for potentially harsher or different in any way experience than if you were of the prozac.
Honestly I think smoked DMT is possibly best choice for what you are trying to achieve.

No, it's not really easy. That's why I wrote in my previous - "Mesc extraction is in fact tricky. I have a friend that was capable of doing some pretty advanced stuff yet he failed his first peyote extraction, nothing went to waste but he first ended with a black goo."
But that's should discourage you from doing it. If you can find all the needed chemicals the process in some ways can be almost rewarding as using it. Well, you need to love doing such stuff at least a bit. But if you do, even few failed attempts leading to some frustration are kind of a build up to that fantastic feeling when you end up with a home-made mesc xtals. Personally I think that can be a great way to pull yourself toward brighter day.
I've never done mesc extraction, but only cuz in my country all mesc containing cactis are illegal so a few times I had them doing extraction on a such a small amount would be pretty pointless and wasteful.

I'm of believe that experience is what's main thing behind psychedelics & dissos helping people and much else is just placebo. Recently K clinics tried out placebo as part of research and it worked just fine, as placebo does. I'll be getting closer to my main points from other thread. As in, it's all mostly marketing and getting high.
So no reason you can't have that breaktrough, my life is finally good kick out of Salvia experience any less than from next intense drug.

Physically it should be safe. There's nothing that would make that combo of significant danger, in a physical sense. But taking X times more than what's usually needed might be another story. I've smoked very high doses of DMT and felt a lot of healing effects, might call it profound but every substance at some point, at some dose becomes dangerous, more so in combo.
But if you start within normal range I think you have no real reason to fear for physical consequences as for mental, you'll be among pioneers as I don't think many people break trough SSRIs blocks. People break trough even opiate antagonists and many survive, what you would be doing isn't nowhere as dangerous, in a physical sense. In fact you could say it's no more dangerous than a caffeine + booze combo when it comes to physical danger if you stay within reasonable range.
That's my guess and I'm pretty confident you have no reason to fear this as long as you can handle psychedelics but should be prepared for potentially harsher or different in any way experience than if you were of the prozac.
Honestly I think smoked DMT is possibly best choice for what you are trying to achieve.
So you really believe smoked DMT would work on prozac?

Also, it might have been you or someone else who said that Semax could help for depression. Was that you? Do you know anything about Semax?

I believe that DMT might be perfect for trying to accomplish your goal, experience of psychedelic at level at least similar if you weren't on prozac.
I think smoked DMT might be a great choice for that cuz of duration and safety. If I were you in preparation for DMT I would start with lowering prozac dose till the level you feel no negative change or it feels like it might even be a dose you could stabilize on. Even if that's only 1/10 less of your current dose it's a good start. That skipping a dose or two and trying to blast into hyperspace. Start with a high dose as prozac will still be blocking a lot. If it doesn't work good enough but neither makes for an very uncomfortable experience, wait some hours and blast again. Since you've experienced Salvia I feel comfortable recommending jumping into high doses of DMT immediately as they are similar in intensity but Salvia tends to produce unpleasant experiences a lot easier. I've done a lot of different psychedelics, many in very high doses including very high doses of smoked DMT yet Salvia shook me strong.
You might even consider using some psychedelic as lunching pad for DMT, but in that case it wouldn't hurt to have something if things go wrong. But from what I figured so far you never suffered psychosis and your mental problem is depression and anxiety right?
Those too can be worsen but not in a dramatic way as when someone who requires antipsychotics messes around with psychedelics. I mean to say that risks in your case are less than possible benefits but having something like benzos and/or some antipsychotic just in case isn't bad idea generally.

Have you ever tried stopping prozac or lowering dose? Do you take benzos?
Also, it might have been you or someone else who said that Semax could help for depression. Was that you? Do you know anything about Semax?
No. But from what I know about it I think it can help but prozac likely helps for your problem way more so I doubt you would feel much. There are countless substances that might help you a lot, but which one are more potent than prozac for each individual is more or less guessing. I would personally work on figuring out how much prozac really helps you after all those years and how much is just avoiding WDs.

Also where you mentioned tianeptine, AD effects of that drug used in non-recreational are probably at the very best as good as from prozac with added benefit of being more addictive as soon as you up the dose so rather skip that one. If you're willing venture in that direction than I'm sure most doctors would be willing to help you try out alternatives to prozac. MAOi ADs seem to works wonders for many.

That was me. Yes I've tried out Semax recently. I could see it work.

You up it to the level to which you feel functional, over it you feel stressed, and you adapt. Feels like a very direct and clear nootropic. Like a caffeine without the side-effects.

Awkward to advise it in current geopolitics, but the Russians did cut to the chase then and there.

Blocks dissociative action too to great extent. the world would be such a better place if we could just live together